Author Topic: Backplate issue with gloss map  (Read 2237 times)

2019-06-10, 11:53:54

j_forrester

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Pretty sure this is a bug, unless my material is not setup correctly.

It's very simple to replicate. I have a backplate with a lightmaterial and "Emit Light" switched off. Into this is a conrona tonemap control map and a corona bitmap (normal setup I believe, see attached). I am also using a default sun/sky setup

The problem seems to happen with you add a map including procedural into the gloss map slot or change the gloss value lower than 1. This then creates unwanted shadowing and artefacts.  The ground material is just a simple white material. I have noticed before that you get unwanted shadowing using backplates but have only just worked out what it might be.

I am currently using Corona 4 rc3 but I noticed this with previous versions.

Please can you confirm this is correct.

2019-06-10, 13:17:51
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This is known and very high on our "we would love to fix it, but it's really hard" list.
See the various light transport issues here: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000516180-known-bugs-and-limitations
(internal id=146609217)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-06-10, 15:33:56
Reply #2

j_forrester

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the clarification Maru.

I know you mentioned this was on the very hard list but it would be great to get fixed. There are obviously workarounds but as back-plates are used A LOT in ArchViz a simple workflow would be fantastic!

Thanks