Author Topic: Another TEAM RENDER problem  (Read 5945 times)

2019-03-12, 11:11:06

malindis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have another team render problem. I have two interior scene (two different rooms) with the same setting, etc...

The first one rendered without problem with Team render... The second on renders really dark as if my HDRI wasn't taken into account...

Here are two example. The first one is team render, the second is rendered locally...

2019-03-12, 14:22:36
Reply #1

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hello, Are you using the latest version V3.1 found here? https://corona-renderer.com/download
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2019-03-12, 14:25:51
Reply #2

malindis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes :-)

I have also opened another post regarding denoise problem with TEAM RENDER

2019-03-12, 19:52:46
Reply #3

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We have also seen this behavior with Team Render. In fact, we've had this happen during an animation. So the first 100 frames render as expected, then it loses the link to an texture file, but it keeps rendering.

2019-04-12, 15:54:03
Reply #4

malindis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

I have again a problem with Corona and Team render... this time it's my backplate that behaves weird...

When I render without Team Render everything is OK... (picture 1)
When I render with Team Render I loos the diffuse of my backplate... (the alpha is still there because ou can see the cut out of the maintain)...

Weird no ?

2019-04-18, 17:32:42
Reply #5

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

when the Team render fails, what does the console window in the Team Render Client show? We added logging of failed assets, so this should show up in the logs somewhere, if that's the problem.

2019-04-19, 16:28:50
Reply #6

malindis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'll check that next week and let you know...

best

2019-06-06, 17:16:22
Reply #7

malindis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So I finally managed to make some test...

I was suspecting that the Team render problem was coming for shaders coming from the C4D Library. So what I did is saving the project with assets to have all the textures locally...

I Then uploaded the project on my Team Render Server and made 3 tests (with always the same file):

1) Rendering from VFB (Test-VFB.jpg)
2) Rendering from C4D> Team Render to Picture Viewer (Test-TR.jpg) I have also attached the consol output if thats of any interest...
3) Rendering from Team Render Server job (Test-WEB-TR.jpg)

As you can see all three renderings are different !!!

This was working on beta release last year, why is it not working anymore ? it really critical for me to render big still pictures with team render... Actually it's taking ages to render on a single machine...

Thanks for your help.

Best

2019-06-26, 19:14:39
Reply #8

malindis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
After a long and hard investigation :-)

I have finally found why my team render would not work !!!

If you plan to use team render you cannot use Corona Node Material Editor... All the materials created through the node editor won't render in Team Render...

Hope it helps other and the I will receive a free Corona T-Shirt for all the hard investigation ;-)

Best.

Stefan

2019-06-26, 21:02:50
Reply #9

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Stefan... your hard detective´s work is highly appreciated. I know such stuff... :)))
Good to know about this bug.
UV-randomizer anyway still behaves a bit weird in scenes... for example it changes the randomization every time you add or erase any object from the scene.
At least in C4D.

These "little" bugs here and there in TR are the reason for me, why I still haven't connected my computers to an array.

2019-06-26, 21:14:46
Reply #10

malindis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
but how do you render big still images ? or animations ?

2019-06-26, 21:26:30
Reply #11

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Stephan, thanks God my clients don't request animations. Not yet...

And with pictures like 4K size, my machine gets along quite well.

2019-06-27, 08:56:30
Reply #12

malindis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, I did the same until now. but sometimes I have 4 4k renders to make and each one takes approx 6h... so this means my workstation (or let's say Cinema 4D) is not usable during 24 hours :-(

2019-08-07, 13:44:01
Reply #13

metopa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello @malindis!
We are aware of shared shader not working properly with Team Render. The issue is being investigated. We appreciate your help!

Internal tracking number: 382899521

2019-09-25, 11:20:52
Reply #14

metopa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello @malindis

The latest V5 daily build should fix the issue! You're welcome to test it. Please, let us know if it works for you.
Installation link is here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=26054.msg156272#msg156272

Slava