Author Topic: My test of Corona render  (Read 15647 times)

2014-01-13, 01:44:38
Reply #15

astudio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • A-Studio
No, he has a lot of glossy here, may be reflections not so strong, but anyway. In 1600 paths in my scene I still have a lot of noise and a lot of firefiles with VCM. :(

2014-01-13, 12:24:02
Reply #16

Dolphinoff

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Romullus, are you using emitter by material, or corona light?
May be try a sphere light or rectangle with bigger radius?
System units in cm\mm?

I have firefly too, on the red glass. But i have material with 255 white reflection and 1.0 power on it and on chrome material inside them. it is my mistake.

There is some tests with same config, with 1h render and render with only flashlight on

In last picture i turn off DOF
Sorry for my english

2014-01-13, 15:40:42
Reply #17

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Fixture on ceiling in my scene has material with light emission on it, but it's very weak. Light source that simulates flashlight near camera, is corona light. It's small (20mmx5mm) and extremely powerful - 20K units of intensity. I tried to change its shape to sphere, but fireflies grew up in orders of magnitude :]
My system units is in mm.

I decided to make very simple scene to experiment more with caustics and after many tries and errors, i found one way to completely get rid of these nasty bugs. I found that setting glossiness value to 1, in reflection and refraction, gives fireflies free image. Now i'm trying to fix all materials in my main scene. Will see if it works in more complex scene.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-01-13, 20:55:50
Reply #18

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
And what do you know - it worked like a charm! :] http://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,2466.0.html
Thanks for the help, everyone.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-01-14, 18:27:39
Reply #19

The Pixel Artist

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Pixel Artist Illustration
Dolphinoff, wow, that's an incredible image!  The work you did on that ceiling and wall light and the lighting results is just excellentl!  ( I'm also very jealous! ;^D )

Anyhow, this is definitely a "bar raising" image!  I'm definitely going to have to do some experimenting with VCM!
Adrian Alan Brown
The Pixel Artist Illustration
www.thepixelartist.com
Behance Gallery: https://www.behance.net/thepixelartist

2014-01-15, 05:51:35
Reply #20

Dolphinoff

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The Pixel Artist, to be honest, I never thought that someone like my tests :) Thank you very much and good luck with your experiments!
Sorry for my english