Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Feature Requests

Mapping source for CBitmaps

(1/4) > >>

nowosek:
Hi,

is it possible to make mapping source option for Corona Bitmap like V-Ray? Its nice to have "one texture to rule trhem all" and do not have to change dimesions for every texture.

Thanks,
Mark

TomG:
This is done in Corona 10 for MappingRandomizer, Triplanar, and ColorCorrect via accepting multiple inputs and sending out multiple outputs.

nowosek:
Yes, but my approach is different. Let me explain. If I have 3 textures like base color, bump and reflection, and every texture is set to real world coordinates with the size 200 cm in x-axis and 400 cm in y-axis and I want to change the size of these 3 textures I must change it for every texture itself. But in V-Ray, I'm able to do it with mapping source with plugging blank V-Ray Bitmap into mapping source of these 3 textures a then change it only there. Maybe the screenshot describes it better than me.

romullus:
Once mapping randomizer gets multiple inputs, you will be able to do just that in Corona as well. Its UI is quite different, but i think it's just a matter of getting used to it.

Juraj:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2023-06-01, 15:23:13 ---Once mapping randomizer gets multiple inputs, you will be able to do just that in Corona as well. Its UI is quite different, but i think it's just a matter of getting used to it.

--- End quote ---

Can you illustrate it please? I am not sure it's the same. In my opinion the multi input/output would coexist well with mapping source node.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version