Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.6  (Read 133692 times)

2017-01-13, 00:54:41
Reply #285

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I love the new look for DR, the info is great!

I am getting some odd variance when using DR however. Sometimes it works as expected by submitting the expected amount of passes per update, say my local machine renders 1 pass per minute for instance, DR will be around the same roughly.

But every so often, same scene but if I stop the render and restart it, the DR node will send off 100's of passes which is totally unrealistic, but its like it renders nothing/black and just submits nothing, so it reaches 100+ passes per minute instead.

Now I haven't actually seen visually what the DR is doing, but the quality of the render certainly doesn't change accordingly to the pass amount so I can only assume there is nothing in those passes.

Hope this sort of makes sense?

Thanks for the update anyway!

I have the same problem. Unrealistic amount of passes from slave's machines///
And would be like to be able to cleanse or refresh information in the list, about failed slaves manually, or on next render starting///
« Last Edit: 2017-01-13, 01:03:10 by denisgo22 »

2017-01-13, 02:47:22
Reply #286

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I love the new look for DR, the info is great!

I am getting some odd variance when using DR however. Sometimes it works as expected by submitting the expected amount of passes per update, say my local machine renders 1 pass per minute for instance, DR will be around the same roughly.

But every so often, same scene but if I stop the render and restart it, the DR node will send off 100's of passes which is totally unrealistic, but its like it renders nothing/black and just submits nothing, so it reaches 100+ passes per minute instead.

Now I haven't actually seen visually what the DR is doing, but the quality of the render certainly doesn't change accordingly to the pass amount so I can only assume there is nothing in those passes.

Hope this sort of makes sense?

Thanks for the update anyway!

your post made me sure that this behavior that happened in my render farm is true as mentioned in my previous post. Random nodes will render to black and do dozens of passes quickly. it is not me then.

2017-01-13, 13:33:51
Reply #287

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Architectural visualization & Graphic design
Stop or Cancel button not working...I cant stop or cancel my render.
Imagination is more important than knowlege

2017-01-13, 22:41:06
Reply #288

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
not sure if tis reported but last version daily its not loading maps or proxys when render at backburnner

2017-01-14, 19:08:26
Reply #289

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Stop or Cancel button not working...I cant stop or cancel my render.
Happened to me to twice or trice - not sure if it's new DR related or not (for it did happen in the past too) but this time it happened when I used it. Btw the new DR will be awesome after some polish ) 

2017-01-16, 22:14:23
Reply #290

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Had the opportunity to do a short test of the new DR code/DB170111 + Max2016 with just one slave, will try a small summary (for Max):

Already mentioned:

- Canceling sometimes not possible (confirmed here)
- Backburner jobs do not load assets at all (confirmed here)
- Pass spam when restarting rendering / black frames (could not reproduce)
- DrData directory not cleaned up (confirmed here)
- Denoising not working (not confirmed here, maybe only Max2017?)
- Awesome, good job so far! (confirmed here ;)

Additionally:

- Significant CPU load of DRServer, even when idle
- Fail at transmitting status and memory usage (see attachment, could not get this to work at all)

Good Luck

« Last Edit: 2017-01-16, 22:25:34 by Frood »
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-01-16, 23:33:12
Reply #291

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Quote "- Pass spam when restarting rendering / black frames (could not reproduce)"

you need more than one rendering node to see this.

2017-01-18, 02:40:54
Reply #292

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
I would love a hotfix for the DR stuff, I understand it's all experiemental and testing, but for me everything runs perfectly!  Except for the fact that all my DR nodes now through out 1000's of super fake passes and I don't really have a feel for if they actually do render anything or not. :P

2017-01-18, 03:16:30
Reply #293

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I would love a hotfix for the DR stuff, I understand it's all experiemental and testing, but for me everything runs perfectly!  Except for the fact that all my DR nodes now through out 1000's of super fake passes and I don't really have a feel for if they actually do render anything or not. :P

haha same here I am in love with Corona and would never switch back to Vray, and my income now depends on it, but we got to give Ondra some space programming is really hard and all software has bugs, they are not easy to iron out, I think Ondra is on top of things and will get us the new toys when he can :)

2017-01-18, 04:33:20
Reply #294

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media

haha same here I am in love with Corona and would never switch back to Vray, and my income now depends on it, but we got to give Ondra some space programming is really hard and all software has bugs, they are not easy to iron out, I think Ondra is on top of things and will get us the new toys when he can :)

Oh of course he is, hehe and I could just install 1.5.2 which is probably the sensible thing to do.... buuut I like shiney new things :P  so I'm running the 1.6 build from the 13ths of Dec instead, which works perfectly fine.  - But I'm just saying ;)

2017-01-18, 08:38:12
Reply #295

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
everything runs perfectly!

You don´t suffer from high cpu load of DrServer.exe for example? If not: what windows version do you use?

and my income now depends on it

Then you should just stick to offical releases :) But I know the temptation. Can´t resist either usually...

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-01-18, 11:20:45
Reply #296

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
DEC 13th release working fine here, rendered this animation the past 4 days,

2017-01-20, 13:49:36
Reply #297

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I have noticed wierd process on the Task manager wich is runed by the file from coronas AppData folder.

And it is eating one of the threads for it's wokr might it somehow be related with long acc structure building in previous DB?

3dsMAX 2014 W7
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2017-01-20, 13:51:43
Reply #298

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
what? That is not our process. Can you send us zipped content of the folder?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-01-20, 14:04:44
Reply #299

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
what? That is not our process. Can you send us zipped content of the folder?

Shure

UPD - Looks like it is licensing server. It have this log in one step above of this folder.

Just woundering whot it have to do with instal shield and whuy it is doing sth constantly X_X

UPD 2 - It seems that Licservers Log in this folder and "instal shields" folder were created in different time. But syptome i noticed only now. I might chek if it is present on other machines i am using.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-20, 14:21:41 by Nekrobul »
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"