Author Topic: Pricing and release date announced  (Read 191932 times)

2014-10-13, 20:46:52
Reply #195

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I agree that having the box workstation license as floating network license could be very good, no matter if it's SaaS or if it is Box, I think it should be Network floating license, wouldn't it be easier for you (devs) if ALL the licenses are network floating licenses with a centralized server in one node in the customer computer base? this server will license against you and differentiate how much licenses ar SaaS and how much licenses are Box licenses, but I think it will do your job much easier regarding licensing.

Cheers.

2014-10-13, 21:43:57
Reply #196

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
You do mentioned schools and universities, but what about charity organizations that produce non-commercial work?

We have talked between us about some ways we can make some positive differences. We have decided we will be giving few percents of our profit to charities. We can also of course provide charitable organizations with free licences.

That is fantastic, Keymaster. Great news indeed. :)

2014-10-14, 09:08:53
Reply #197

jrcenator

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think at this point my main concern would be being able to install one license on 2 computers, you know, the typical one workstation/one laptop (which everyone uses for another computer anyway), or for me, one work computer/one home computer. I don't care about nodes as I don't network render, so the "seats" are more important.

^ this +1. Really need this option

2014-10-14, 12:46:34
Reply #198

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio
I think at this point my main concern would be being able to install one license on 2 computers, you know, the typical one workstation/one laptop (which everyone uses for another computer anyway), or for me, one work computer/one home computer. I don't care about nodes as I don't network render, so the "seats" are more important.

^ this +1. Really need this option

This was already explained in the blog :). You will be able to use your license at home and at work or at home / laptop. They haven't explained it yet how will it work exactly, but it should be something easy and what is the most important - it will be doable. No worries about that part :)
My 3d stock portfolio - http://3docean.net/user/tomislavn

2014-10-14, 17:02:07
Reply #199

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, as I understand it, this option will only be for SaaS (and only if it's technical possible) - not Box, nor Box + subscription :(

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I would love to be wrong about this. Work + home for 1 Box + subscription would be the right deal for a lot of people.

2014-10-17, 09:55:22
Reply #200

darrentomkins

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am honourably sorry Miss Molly if this has been addressed already. I did search for FREE and COST and have been reading for some time. I now bow down to information delivered.

Is there still a free version of Corona and if not is the Alpha 7 at a price or time limit i saw?

I'm lookin gat other options in MAX besides Mental Ray or VRAY.

GO CORONA GO. ...hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

2014-10-17, 11:12:43
Reply #201

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
I am honourably sorry Miss Molly if this has been addressed already. I did search for FREE and COST and have been reading for some time. I now bow down to information delivered.

Is there still a free version of Corona and if not is the Alpha 7 at a price or time limit i saw?

I'm lookin gat other options in MAX besides Mental Ray or VRAY.

GO CORONA GO. ...hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Alpha 6 will still free i guess.

2014-10-17, 19:55:07
Reply #202

numerobis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you need more render nodes, then simply buy another license. You can use workstation license as a render node. So each new BOX license gives you 4 more nodes.

Really?!? So for 1 workstation + 10 nodes i need 3 full licences + 3x subscription? For 3 years this would be  1644€ (1344€ with promo discount)

And the leasing option without any ownership would be 1620€ for three years or 1440€ with discount? Not that it would be an option for me to rent my software, but why is it almost the same and even more expensive with promo, if i don't own anything after this time?!?

I mean, i now have Maxwell Render v3 and v-ray v2... Maxwell is 1095€ incl. 10 nodes +17 (!) plugins (i use 3dsmax, sketchup,photoshop and after effects) + free updates (i payed 380€ for the upgrade from v2 with 10% discount). For v-ray v2 i payed 845€ - not sure if i will upgrade to v3, which would be 700€ for me incl. 10 nodes.

2014-10-18, 18:15:06
Reply #203

Sam75

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think I ll take an edu license, is there a more precise release date than "november" ?

2014-10-19, 11:59:42
Reply #204

higgledyhiggles

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I always thought that Beta followed Alpha ?
8)

2014-10-20, 11:42:53
Reply #205

fire3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I always thought that Beta followed Alpha ?
8)

With a look on other Rendering engines (Vray and such), i think the "mass" of current Daily Build tester's (unfortunaly not me :P) gives the developers here
enough feedback and room to improve Corona as much as possible, so that the release next month (can't wait) will be the currently best solution to pay for.

Other Engines goes final and sold with many Bugs/not implented/not functional stuff, i think when i buy corona next month (CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!)
it's worth every cent.

2014-10-20, 13:58:53
Reply #206

jonas007

when can whe  start subscribing (be on the line to pay, or pay ) the corona licence, ( im getting nervous) i want to be one of the first to have a working licence.

2014-10-20, 18:52:48
Reply #207

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I agree that a pre-sale option could be great :)

Cheers!

2014-10-20, 19:07:57
Reply #208

fire3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I agree that a pre-sale option could be great :)

Cheers!

Yes, i also Vote loud and instant for a Pre-Pre Sale :)

2014-10-21, 16:02:51
Reply #209

Kramon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
How is with standalone?