Author Topic: moodboards  (Read 6601 times)

2019-03-05, 20:10:35

pmcf1981

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi guys

some moodboards  i have made ... focus in testing bump-displacement reactions .
hope you like..

2019-03-05, 22:28:55
Reply #1

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
absolutely amazing, bravo!

2019-03-06, 15:18:43
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Just to clarify, these are all Corona renders, all done by yourself? Just asking because a moodboard (to my thinking) is usually a collection of photography (or renders) by others and is used as inspiration for mood, lighting, feel etc. when working on a render.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-03-06, 15:21:42
Reply #3

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Just to clarify, these are all Corona renders, all done by yourself? Just asking because a moodboard (to my thinking) is usually a collection of photography (or renders) by others and is used as inspiration for mood, lighting, feel etc. when working on a render.

That's a valid question when dealing with this user
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2019-03-06, 17:21:51
Reply #4

pmcf1981

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi guys 

I understand ... sometimes, interior designers create moodboards and take pictures normally from the top.
But moods usually have wood samples, fabrics, materials metals (objects) .. which helps in a way to see an overall environment of how you will stay.
Some clients ask for mood ..

Some clients request moodboards even at the end of the process, to use other media publishing pictures ..
Either way is always source inspiration colors and shapes ....

This was not for a client ... but since corona 3 ,displacement and bump take a good boost ...
I wanted to see the reaction of materials closely ... even then ,I think with more time it was better results...

2019-03-06, 17:24:34
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Cool, I hadn't realized they were all Corona renders from the name :) Good to know!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-03-07, 19:50:09
Reply #6

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
pmcf1981, I'll share my light rig if you share yours ;)

2019-03-08, 10:04:14
Reply #7

pmcf1981

• Active Users
    • View Profile

the light is very simple :) ... just some planes .... but if you whant i can prtscn same images if help ....

« Last Edit: 2019-03-08, 10:44:21 by pmcf1981 »

2019-03-08, 21:36:16
Reply #8

serch

• Active Users
    • View Profile

the light is very simple :) ... just some planes .... but if you whant i can prtscn same images if help ....

Please do!

2019-03-09, 11:23:20
Reply #9

pmcf1981

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I hope this help in anyway .. :) some printscreens

Please do!

2019-03-11, 10:43:13
Reply #10

Romas Noreika

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • romasnoreika
Light RIGS do not exist, you just experiment and try to do everything to make it look good. Also it depends what kind of style you want to achieve.

One light rig for one interior will not fit the other one, if it will be unique to the previous one.

People who ask can you please give me your light rig it looks amazing, I want to use it for my interior/exterior. They do not know that it might not work for his unique project.

So always try to experiment. + with corona interactive rendering it became quite easy :)
RN

2019-03-11, 11:37:08
Reply #11

pmcf1981

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i agree 100 % .... i just take some PRtscn to help becouse someone asks, and show how simple is .... for this i only need top view images like moodboars.
 it is simple , so light is simple to .

each scene is different ..
it has many variables : window size ... sun light ... .hdri .. floor, roof, walls ... (propagation light GI) everthing ...

always needs some adjustments and compensations.

Light RIGS do not exist, you just experiment and try to do everything to make it look good. Also it depends what kind of style you want to achieve.

One light rig for one interior will not fit the other one, if it will be unique to the previous one.

People who ask can you please give me your light rig it looks amazing, I want to use it for my interior/exterior. They do not know that it might not work for his unique project.

So always try to experiment. + with corona interactive rendering it became quite easy :)

2019-03-13, 18:41:39
Reply #12

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
Awesome man thank you! Yea that's what I meant, a rundown or screenshot. I've been doing a lot product photography shots lately and always find it interesting how other artists achieve their look.

2019-03-13, 19:00:14
Reply #13

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
Lately I've been experimenting lighting with just a room's window and bounce cards. Instead of light objects I'll poke holes in the wall and scale them up and down like an aperture to get the right mood. It's been working ok, I've found it's harder to get refractions to pop and it's not as easy to control directionality, but you can always sweeten up an area with a 'real' light.

edit: How do you create your textures?
« Last Edit: 2019-03-13, 19:12:28 by actrask »

2019-03-14, 13:02:40
Reply #14

pmcf1981

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi actrask ...

bounce cards to help propagate light ??... i think i used one time... clever :) ....

white bounce cards help propagate light (gi) and i think black bounce cards absorbs light..

my materials is very simple texture difuse with corona correction ... some bump and some displacement.. in some cases gloss reflection   map in some material like wood ..
later on i will prtscn some mats .. but i like very mutch your render. very realistic .. i  thing that made is little more bump or displacement in wood ...

Lately I've been experimenting lighting with just a room's window and bounce cards. Instead of light objects I'll poke holes in the wall and scale them up and down like an aperture to get the right mood. It's been working ok, I've found it's harder to get refractions to pop and it's not as easy to control directionality, but you can always sweeten up an area with a 'real' light.

edit: How do you create your textures?