Author Topic: Speed up trick technique..  (Read 4961 times)

2019-11-27, 18:57:54

mateusz_s

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I was thinking about this technique that could speed up things a bit.

1. empty area reducing
So, if I have an object that is small and occupies only a small portion of the whole image the renderes also focuses on the empy/black/enviroment area where there is nothing, and the rendering time is longer. If I adject the rendering region the rendering time recudes a lot over a half time. The problem is when the object is moving not static. So maybe its possible to avoid computing the empty areas, or do somekind of auto adjustment region?

2. less noise less computing
The second idea is to leave areas with less noise and redirect computing power to much noiser areas.

2019-11-27, 19:09:45
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
This sounds like exactly what adaptivity does. You can see it in action using the Sampling Focus render pass. Devs can say if something described here is not accounted for in what adaptivity already does :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-11-27, 19:15:59
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
(just to go a bit further - adaptivity is where Corona works out which areas of a scene need more processing power, that is, the areas that are harder to render and will stay noisier longer; it then gives more processing power to those areas, the bright ones in the Sampling Focus pass, and takes it away from the easy to compute areas, the dark ones on the Sampling Focus pass).

2019-11-27, 19:46:50
Reply #3

sebastian___

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I was thinking about this technique that could speed up things a bit.

You can sort of animate a render region to follow your object.

2019-11-27, 21:35:01
Reply #4

mateusz_s

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This sounds like exactly what adaptivity does. You can see it in action using the Sampling Focus render pass. Devs can say if something described here is not accounted for in what adaptivity already does :)

Hmm, ok, but is the adaptive sampling already implemented and works as I mentioned in the second example?

anyway.. it does not solve the problem with empty areas that I mentioned in the first example..

2019-11-27, 21:50:39
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Empty areas should render so fast (thanks to adaptivity) that they aren't really a "problem". There's no temporal adaptivity at the moment, which is "if all of a frame is mostly the same apart from one small area, focus on that small area and just copy and paste the previous frame for the rest", not even sure that is possible given how those areas might all interplay with, say, reflections, caustics etc. (but that's what feature suggestions are for, starting discussion!)

2019-12-04, 14:31:57
Reply #6

sebastian___

• Active Users
    • View Profile
anyway.. it does not solve the problem with empty areas that I mentioned in the first example..

As I said, you can already animate a render region around your animated object, for a dramatic increase in render speed. I would say that solves the problem for now, until an even more automatic solution will come along.