Author Topic: save incremental  (Read 2976 times)

2014-04-22, 20:54:37

fco3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
I am trying the save incremental on Corona V6 and I found two issues, The first one is the size of saved image seems to be double the original size?  I tried to check my output size and everything but I can not find answer to this.
Also the image save without the render stamp.
Are this issues know, I am missing something in my setup?

Your help is appreciated.

Fco.

2014-04-23, 20:34:38
Reply #1

fco3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well there is not better answer that the one you find yourself, seems to be the Motto in this forum.
If anybody has the same question, Yes incremental save by default will save double the size of your output image, and the size will depend of the internal calculation resolution, this can be found in the Image filter area.  Not sure why works that way.

Still wonder why the incremental save do not carry the render stamp with info.

2014-04-23, 21:44:37
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
If you talking about autosave feature, then file size is bigger because there is additional data in it for resuming rendering, i guess. But it's not meant for saving your final render, use standart render output dialog for that.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-04-23, 22:01:01
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
it is saved multiplied by the internal resolution so there is absolutely no quality loss after reducing, which would otherwise happen on light edges.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-04-23, 23:04:48
Reply #4

fco3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the input.
I was wondering about that raw extra data  because comparing the file size of the incremental with the final it is always double, so if there is extra data then it make seance.
I am just using the incremental as a learning method for now, trying to figure out renderings time and comparing mostly with V-Ray, so see who clean first.
I am still new to this progressive method to I am trying o find a way to predict in some way how long I need to coock the images to be acceptable.  At the beginning I though it was based in passes, like I need 100 passes for an 3000 pix image to be clean,  but now I am not sure, let say I have to have 3 images done in one machine, how to know how much to cook.   V_Ray give an estimation that is a good reference, with progressive, hard to know.

Thank again.

2014-04-23, 23:24:57
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
passes, when multiplied by the sampling multipliers, represent the amount of brute force work thrown at your image. Some scenes are simpler, and require less work than others. In corona you can currently set only the target amount of work, not target image quality.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)