Author Topic: Motion Blur Question  (Read 1459 times)

2022-05-16, 04:29:28

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm running MacOS 12.1 Monterey and Corona v8.

I know for years, Corona has had bugs with Mograph and Motion Blur. I figured I'd try out a little motion blur again, but using Scatter.

In this image, the car is animated in a straight line enough to get the blur. The camera is a child of the car so obviously moves right along with it.

Looks like the Scattered clones are blurred as they should be. As well as the road object. Where I have a question is the car. I set the blur to be Enable Camera. In my photographer head, this should blur everything EXCEPT the car since the car is "still" relative to the camera, but as you can see, the car is also blurred. Am I thinking about this wrong as far as Corona goes? Am I missing something?

2022-05-16, 09:25:53
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Try with both, camera and object motion blur. If object MB is off, then the movement of the car is not calculated, so it has no velocity from the motion blurs point of view, thus also the relative movement between cam and car is not zero.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2022-05-16, 16:54:36
Reply #2

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well you're a genius. Ha. Here I am trying to speed up the render by not turning on the Object setting. I slowed the shutter a lot more This is very cool. Thanks for the help!

2022-05-16, 18:56:09
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Your tyres are not spinning :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-05-16, 22:51:05
Reply #4

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Your tyres are not spinning :]

Ha. That is correct. A simple test for the other motion blur since that's where Corona failed in the past. I did add a little radial blur in Photoshop, but not enough.