Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

Boulder Retaining Wall

(1/1)

dj_buckley:
While not strictly Corona, i'm looking for some ideas as to how best to achieve a boulder based retaining wall like this?

Boulders from Megascans and Tyflow?

The walls follow a specific path/volume

jms.lwly:
Depending how long the wall is and how manually you need to tweak it, I would have thought RailClone is the best bet to distribute randomised rocks (from megascans or elsewhere) - you can probably even take one of their presets and amend it to suit a rubble stone wall.

There are even a few examples on the iToo forums where people are asking for similar - example 01 - and -  example 02 with decent starting points you could try.

GeorgeK:

--- Quote from: dj_buckley on 2022-05-12, 13:15:42 ---While not strictly Corona, i'm looking for some ideas as to how best to achieve a boulder based retaining wall like this?

Boulders from Megascans and Tyflow?

The walls follow a specific path/volume

--- End quote ---

This can be also easily achieved with Chaos Cosmos assets and Chaos Scatter, you will have total control on the spline path by scattering your boulders along with 1d - on splines. Random transformations and avoid collisions will need to be tweaked. If you are looking to achieve the running bond type of placement, I would either suggest multiple spline paths, or a single one but your instanced model should consist of a properly patterned setup of stones.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version