Author Topic: Scatter development insights  (Read 7461 times)

2019-04-29, 13:23:24
Reply #15

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Thank you for the clarification, I know Corona and forest have a few small issues.

Looking forward to seeing what comes out of this product.

Regards

phil
Dell Precision T7910

2019-04-29, 13:39:24
Reply #16

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
As a sidenote, we are working on improving forestpack support for v4, separately from this. Our goal is not to force people to use our scatter
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2019-05-06, 11:41:51
Reply #17

Lucas Rodrigues

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ilustra Studios CG

I really feel more comfortable working with the Corona Scatter than with the Forest package. Please consider all these updates in the tool itself and not in an external plug.

2019-05-06, 14:49:58
Reply #18

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Agreed with Lucas,why we need separate plugins to use it with corona? I understand what it may be used by non corona users, but why for corona user it will be separate or corona scatter what will lack some features from it

2019-05-07, 07:02:49
Reply #19

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Great updates guys.

I'm just wondering; with these improvements do we somehow now have a solution to the constant issue of seepage (ie; grass scatters crossing past the limits of the geometry onto a path)?

I know this issue has been discussed a lot, and there are workarounds, however most are quite inelegant.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2019-05-07, 10:05:25
Reply #20

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I'm just wondering; with these improvements do we somehow now have a solution to the constant issue of seepage (ie; grass scatters crossing past the limits of the geometry onto a path)?

Have you seen pictures in the first post? I think you should find answer to your question there ;]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-05-07, 10:29:36
Reply #21

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D

Have you seen pictures in the first post? I think you should find answer to your question there ;]

Well, to be fair... for all I know that could be individual blades of grass scattered (in which case the problem is non-existent)
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2019-05-07, 11:40:25
Reply #22

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Scatter relevant feature request:
Recently I'm scraping at my sanity with randomized time for animated textures.
It's almost all gone now :S
I have 12 looping image sequences (~3000 frames long), placed across 400 instances of planes. They are assigned this image sequence via Corona Multi Tex. But if many instances play the sequence in sync, it looks awful, computery and artificial. So obviously every instance should start with a random start time.

But I can't find any way to get this to work, so I copy paste the image sequence 50 times and set a random start time by hand, which works. Randomized start time per instance should be a feature, just as Image sequence / AVI support for Corona Bitmap.

My work around works, but Slate and Max hate me now. Turning on Material render locks up max, sometimes a whole minute =.=
Never mind the crashes. Can't even use PNG sequences and had to switch to .avi files, because the shear mass of image sequence look ups made the PNG library crash.
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2019-05-07, 12:34:09
Reply #23

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Scatter relevant feature request: ...

Thanks for the tip.
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2019-05-07, 14:32:51
Reply #24

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Thanks for the tip.

Would it be possible to do the same for geometry? Random offset for keyframed animation, as well as animated proxy and point cache without breaking instacing, would be incredibly awesome thing to have.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-05-10, 14:24:30
Reply #25

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Would it be possible to do the same for geometry? Random offset for keyframed animation, as well as animated proxy and point cache without breaking instacing, would be incredibly awesome thing to have.
Taking a note ...
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload