Author Topic: Impremta Garden (+ breakdowns )  (Read 46414 times)

2017-09-12, 20:30:44
Reply #15

zuliban

• Active Users
    • View Profile
very nice work ! all the images are pleasant to look to and the lighting is very well balanced.

2017-09-12, 23:47:21
Reply #16

Adi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Havent followed the forum for a while now , but as far as i could see this is the best work of you two in my eyes.

I must ask ,did you make ivy with guruware plugin ?
And I'm not sure , but for some reason i think that water in the pool should have stronger refraction. Just my opinion :)

Awesome work ,it was a real joy seeing this masterpiece.

2017-09-13, 00:00:04
Reply #17

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
very nice work ! all the images are pleasant to look to and the lighting is very well balanced.

I am super honored Zuliban !

Havent followed the forum for a while now , but as far as i could see this is the best work of you two in my eyes.

I must ask ,did you make ivy with guruware plugin ?
And I'm not sure , but for some reason i think that water in the pool should have stronger refraction. Just my opinion :)

Awesome work ,it was a real joy seeing this masterpiece.

Thanks Adi :- ).

I didn't make it in GrowIvy, as I long disliked that plugin so I took a base model from 3dSky and put megascan shader over it. Actually I am quite proud of that trick, it's fast and makes everything nicer :- ). Here is a screenshot of what you can do.
I am using special trick from Rawalanche (using Slate editor) that lets me using Atlas texture and still map individual leaves with different IDs without cutting the texture to individual leaves.

You're not wrong about the water, I am not using scattering inside and neither does Corona use caustic so pool water in my opinion never really looks that good.
But if you only mean the distortion that should come from refraction, than that's part of artistic requirement of client, it simply looks nicer to them like this. I think the IOR was lowered, but I don't remember.

Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-09-13, 01:21:47
Reply #18

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

P.S Where do you source your textures from? Custom scans or any good web resources you can recommend?

I missed this edited addendum so here's answer now :- ).

Everywhere. When I get compulsive moment I just browse through every nook of the internet. Here are some of the best sources imho:

-Textures.com Yup, everyone knows about it but in past year they added 2 really interesting sections. The scanned materials and allegoritmic substances. Both are really nice. Currently it's together less than <200 mats but lot of them have interesting maps.
-Allegoritmic source - Great repository of substances. They are hit&miss but it's obvious from preview which one it is. The partially scanned ones (like fabric) are fantastic, the 100perc. procedural mostly trash.
-Megascan - I am little bit jaded about this one, I paid 8k membership since last yeah August and so far use very little of it. They are so slow (two rocks each month, thanks...)...and scan so much (literal sometimes) trash. But lot of it is useful and the vegetation is invaluable.

I don't use Substance Designer or Painter (yet) btw. I just use them as tiled maps.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2017-09-13, 06:29:56
Reply #19

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey Juraj

Awesome work - can you please elaborate on what you mean by when you used the 3dsky model and overlaid a megascans texture on it? not sure technically what you mean

2017-09-13, 07:24:04
Reply #20

JoeVallard

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Joe Vallard
hey Juraj

Awesome work - can you please elaborate on what you mean by when you used the 3dsky model and overlaid a megascans texture on it? not sure technically what you mean
He downloaded a model from 3dsky and used Megascan's textures to make the materials for it.

2017-09-13, 08:46:07
Reply #21

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey Juraj

He downloaded a model from 3dsky and used Megascan's textures to make the materials for it.

i realise this mate - still doesnt answer my question.  Seeing you know, could you explain how it would have been done technically?

2017-09-13, 10:58:33
Reply #22

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
hey Juraj

i realise this mate - still doesnt answer my question.  Seeing you know, could you explain how it would have been done technically?

Here is the breakdown of the shader :- ). Hope it's easy to understand.

The slate view looks robust...but you can even go right back to basic editor type and it will remember those instanced connections across every map. Big thanks to Rawalanche who showed me how to use those linear nodes. I actually asked for a map type node that would do this in Corona.

Edit: I uploaded revised version of this tutorial, so it makes sense even for absolute Slate beginner. Previously it wasn't clear where exactly those floats connect and that you only need to create and connect it one time.

« Last Edit: 2017-09-13, 18:52:22 by Juraj_Talcik »

2017-09-13, 17:36:04
Reply #23

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Added two exteriors, I forgot there was a second one :- )

2017-09-13, 18:35:36
Reply #24

lasse1309

• Active Users
    • View Profile
those are so beautiful, i want to cry.

2017-09-13, 19:15:49
Reply #25

peterguthrie

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Peter Guthrie Visualisation

2017-09-13, 19:32:10
Reply #26

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Thanks Peter and Lasse, very proud to get your compliments :- ).

2017-09-13, 22:46:29
Reply #27

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Top notch visuals!
Thanks for sharing your experiences.

2017-09-14, 01:07:17
Reply #28

mylesmontgomery

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Fantastic work Juraj and Veronica!

Raising the bar again and sharing your process, thanks so much.

The megascans shading technique has been a barrier for us for a while, thanks for sharing this.

2017-09-14, 01:50:56
Reply #29

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Thank you Johan and Myles.

I've uploaded a water pool material, that really isn't something universal but someone asked for it on Instragram so I'll add it here.

I'll keep adding more silently from now so I don't spam the thread myself :- ) Everything will be in second post.