Author Topic: Impremta Garden (+ breakdowns )  (Read 46925 times)

2017-09-15, 00:56:41
Reply #45

mylesmontgomery

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Juraj,

The UV unwrap method is valid but only for creating leaves and vegetation from scratch. What you've given us is a way to turn a lemon of a model into a diamond.

Cheers!

2017-09-15, 01:21:48
Reply #46

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks again for sharing all of this - your shared knowledge is very much appreciated. 

2017-09-15, 15:34:12
Reply #47

darstellungsart.

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • darstellugnsart. homepage
This is such a beautiful work, congratiulations to you and veronica. I know we are in a render forum but i am more into the interior design that is on par with your rendering skills. The color scheme, the fabrics, the composition between the styles of the different furnitures and all those little details ...you're definately worth your money :D

Is there a good way to calculate how long it takes to make such a interior design ? Could you discripe how much time you normally plan for the interior design in the overall process ?

2017-09-15, 17:19:27
Reply #48

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
This is such a beautiful work, congratiulations to you and veronica. I know we are in a render forum but i am more into the interior design that is on par with your rendering skills. The color scheme, the fabrics, the composition between the styles of the different furnitures and all those little details ...you're definately worth your money :D

Is there a good way to calculate how long it takes to make such a interior design ? Could you discripe how much time you normally plan for the interior design in the overall process ?

You're overstating our involvement in this particular project :- ). Most of the interior design here is done by our direct client, Whyte Lilja Architects in that it's them who choose the general furniture pieces (chairs, lamps, sofas) and props, and we give it a face (although stuff like the bed is fully something we come up with).
Light, fabrics, materials look, cameras, general mood&look is something we come up with then afterwards. So it's very much a collaboration. (sometimes perfect, sometimes bit painful :- ) ..)

Zaha Hadid & The Nivy Restaurant are two projects which we both designed and rendered because our client was only the marketing department of the developer, there was no other design company involved. For work with Whyte Lilja Architect, developer only backs the project and we communicate with architects. Our projects are 80perc. real-estate, but 50:50 whether we work for developer directly, or through architects/designers studio. Each has its benefits and drawbacks, and different workflow.
We're still first and foremost a visualization boutique, but of course we absolutely love to do the design as well when given a chance. When that happens, there is at least one or two weeks of planning and consultation with clients to whom we present moodboards.

In fact, I have 50perc. written tutorial for Zaha Hadid project how we go from designing to visualization, A-to-Z from communication to sending images. I just never finished it... Perhaps I should just finish the design & communication, possibly merge it with design&communication of TheNivy and be done with it, leave 3D/CGI part off.
« Last Edit: 2017-09-15, 17:24:39 by Juraj_Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-09-16, 08:47:34
Reply #49

ASaarnak

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Highlight
Very beautiful work!

In fact, I have 50perc. written tutorial for Zaha Hadid project how we go from designing to visualization, A-to-Z from communication to sending images. I just never finished it... Perhaps I should just finish the design & communication, possibly merge it with design&communication of TheNivy and be done with it, leave 3D/CGI part off.

You should do this:) It would definitely be much appreciated and a very interesting read.

2017-09-16, 15:58:05
Reply #50

darstellungsart.

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for the insight.
The garden and ne NIVY restaurant are at the same quality level and have some similar design elements so i concluded that its your work. The design from Whyte Lilja architects suit your style of rendering very well. :)

As the workflow of rendering realistic pictures getting easier and easier, the importance of offering such beatiful interior designs like NIVY is crucial. The work with a finished interior design might be easier but to implement a own design is more fulfilling, i think.
I wil ldefinatly check you tutorial out. To read such design related tutorials is sometimes more interesting than pure technical related informations.

You could finish it if you have some time on your hand but if not, its okay too. :D

I look forward to your future projects.

2017-09-16, 16:24:55
Reply #51

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Being able to both design and visualize is really nice niche and it does feel a lot more fulfilling.

But it needs good client who trusts you and has the same taste. When working with finished design from client, you have the certainty they won't fault you for something they designed themselves :- ) Not that it happened recently (it did to us 4 years ago when we were starting but I still remember the fiasco we barely got paid! ) but I am wary of it so I wouldn't take design job just for anyone, we're super picky when it comes to those as so many things could go wrong.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2017-09-16, 19:04:22
Reply #52

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Being able to both design and visualize is really nice niche and it does feel a lot more fulfilling.

But it needs good client who trusts you and has the same taste. When working with finished design from client, you have the certainty they won't fault you for something they designed themselves :- ) Not that it happened recently (it did to us 4 years ago when we were starting but I still remember the fiasco we barely got paid! ) but I am wary of it so I wouldn't take design job just for anyone, we're super picky when it comes to those as so many things could go wrong.

So, what do you tell a client that does not quite understand how you work... But still tells you to do the design and viz. from ground up? Like, let's say a furniture company asking for "a kitchen" :D (the "a kitchen" is all you got to work with).
I asked for some basic layout, reference photos, images, color composition etc... but they're like, we just want some nice pictures *shows pics of some delta tracing kitchens that are wayyy outta their league (design speaking) :D*

2017-09-16, 19:39:49
Reply #53

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

So, what do you tell a client that does not quite understand how you work... But still tells you to do the design and viz. from ground up? Like, let's say a furniture company asking for "a kitchen" :D (the "a kitchen" is all you got to work with).
I asked for some basic layout, reference photos, images, color composition etc... but they're like, we just want some nice pictures *shows pics of some delta tracing kitchens that are wayyy outta their league (design speaking) :D*

I might not take such client :- ). We only work with leads that come directly to us with proposition that they saw what we do, and they want something like that. It's the first best step in ensuring we are on the same boat in regards to expectations.

But generally we never jump straight into work.. same as you mentioned we ask for as much as they can provide anything, and if it's not enough or if that's now how they want to go about it, then we'll start proposing all that stuff, sending references their way, building possible moodboards,etc. before even touching up 3dsMax.
Even with all this ensured I am still stressed when sending first renderings whether they'll like it or not. So I strongly prefer to build some relationship and continue working with those where things lead towards successful results.

As I replied above, few years ago in beginning of our career with Veronika we took a job that just asked for "something really nice" and lo-behold, our ideas of what that is could NOT be more opposite :- ). It was nightmare and in the end both parties said 'fuck it' and went their way so I am glad that never repeated again. But since then we're being approached by clients who like what we do and come with ideas and moodboards that are really compatible with what we like so this problem vanished.

2017-09-16, 19:50:35
Reply #54

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
"I might not take such client :- )."

Yeah, I turned down some jobs cause the result was unpredictable.... :(

"build some relationship and continue working with those where things lead towards successful results."

Today, at this point in time, I believe this is more important than any other skill (maybe in all the businessess LOL) "building strong relationships"

Anyways, that 50% done tutorial (excluding cgi part even) would be nice to have.... Archviz and CGI generaly needs to set some serious standards, wether small business or freelance and even bigger studios can fail due to non-technical stuff going wrong in the model... So yeah, thanks for advice :)

2017-09-18, 20:40:32
Reply #55

darstellungsart.

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think everyone here could tell such s atory about a client who refuses to accept a meaningful proposal.
Sometimes you have to accept that the client don't want to have "the best" result but more a result which he likes. We are on the good end of the production chain. We as 3D artists work with clients like architects who have theoreticly a better taste in design as a "normal" person. From my time as an architect i could tell you...it could be worse :D

But as a story i can tell that one client wanted to have a narrow hallway that look like its huge as a living room. We made some proposals and some rough 3d sketches....he didn't like it at all and turned us down...He hired another studio and got EXACTLY the same results we showed him :D .... and yes, we had to write him an letter with a lawyer to get the money he owned us.

Because of such clients it is always a good idea to confirm the working steps with emails. In germany we would say "Wer schreibt der bleibt." (The one who writs stays.)

2017-09-22, 12:31:33
Reply #56

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
Thanks for the breakdowns. Very informative. Great work Juraj and Veronika ;- )

2017-09-22, 16:49:35
Reply #57

Erald

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for sharing your knowledge and skills, kind sir!

2017-09-24, 16:27:22
Reply #58

artmaknev

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • about me
Excellent work, always amazing!

2017-09-25, 08:22:41
Reply #59

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

I am off for 3 weeks, hopefully I can post another project when I am back.