Author Topic: Empty Esherick House  (Read 19018 times)

2016-10-11, 16:28:36
Reply #15

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Actually, he'd have to have at least one finger left, because there's always Thorsten :D
After he got caught stealing other peoples stuff (again) he simply doesn't exist for me anymore :D. Besides, didn't he switch over to iray recently?
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2016-10-11, 16:35:10
Reply #16

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
One question remains.

Who stole all the furniture?
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2016-10-11, 17:12:07
Reply #17

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Actually, he'd have to have at least one finger left, because there's always Thorsten :D
After he got caught stealing other peoples stuff (again) he simply doesn't exist for me anymore :D. Besides, didn't he switch over to iray recently?

This guy had larger-than-life presence, I couldn't quite ever believe he's real person.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-10-11, 17:29:23
Reply #18

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
One question remains.

Who stole all the furniture?

As I wrote in my OP, lots of stuff inside the house was not modeled by me, so I can not sell it obviously. I did model some of them though, like sofa (which is also included in Corona old benchmark and sample scene), little table with Globe, bunch of vases, bed with blanket and furniture around it, bookcase, etc.. but I removed those models because they were not up the the quality standard I have these days. That being said, if someone here actually bought the scene, and would like to get those remaining pieces of furniture I've modeled, I will gladly pack them up and send them :)

2016-10-11, 19:30:51
Reply #19

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Architectural visualization & Graphic design
I remember this mental ray version It was a very good job.await the new corona version
Imagination is more important than knowlege

2016-10-11, 22:13:34
Reply #20

yagi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That mental ray tutorial was easily the best tutorial i had ever seen and i also requested a corona version of it so thank you. You and jeff patton and also a bit of ramy hanna and thorsten too where like my mental ray role models back in the days until you switched to corona :D... although ramy hanna went the other direction:( .... im glad i followed you in this direction since alpha4 .  hmm, wheres scionik visuals by the way:{

One question though: those vray renders of empty esherick house on turbosquid look really great like they have more bounced light in the scene than corona. are they raw renders or post processed?

2016-10-11, 22:37:05
Reply #21

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
That mental ray tutorial was easily the best tutorial i had ever seen and i also requested a corona version of it so thank you. You and jeff patton and also a bit of ramy hanna and thorsten too where like my mental ray role models back in the days until you switched to corona :D... although ramy hanna went the other direction:( .... im glad i followed you in this direction since alpha4 .  hmm, wheres scionik visuals by the way:{

One question though: those vray renders of empty esherick house on turbosquid look really great like they have more bounced light in the scene than corona. are they raw renders or post processed?

Scionik actually switched to Corona too :D I am in contact with him from time to time.

As for V-Ray renders, they have slightly different postprocessing as V-Ray VFB doesn't offer as good postpro abilities as Corona. That probably explains the difference. I honestly prefer Corona ones, materials look a bit richer than V-Ray version. It was a bit of challenge to get close to Corona result with V-Ray, as there's just something better about Corona shading in general, and quality gap got even wider with introduction of PBR standard shading in 1.5 :)

2016-10-12, 01:45:54
Reply #22

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
Great work,mate. I remember checking out this tutorial during my postgrad while researching about mental ray. Tbh, mental ray was quite a handful, especially with those blotches and light leaks. I remember downloading Corona A6 and trying it. No blotches or light leaks, and I never looked back since.

2016-10-12, 03:17:23
Reply #23

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Let's don't be too harsh :- D

Some of the most kickass projects happened to be done with it even within archviz. The damn Farnsworth from 'Marla'/Alessandro Prodan remains to be epic relic of times, yet unsurpassed. A pure enigma.

I was quite pleased with this tutorial series back in time too. One of the more complex tuts on Ronen's site (among a sea of "well, I used floorgen, hit the button and just got this final render" )
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-10-12, 09:58:20
Reply #24

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
I had to google the' Farnsworth house from 'Marla'/Alessandro Prodan' :)

That's some very impressive work with Mental ray. Back then, post processing would have been a must especially to fix some of Mental ray's errors. It's really cool to see how far renderers have come with glare, bloom, Light mixers and all. I would admit Mental Ray did serve it's purpose during its time.

Yep, a good number of tutorials back then weren't quite in-depth. His tutorial on the otherhand was very helpful.

Seriously though, how time flies :)
« Last Edit: 2016-10-12, 10:12:53 by melviso »

2016-10-12, 18:57:06
Reply #25

Adi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
One of the more complex tuts on Ronen's site (among a sea of "well, I used floorgen, hit the button and just got this final render" )

Well said haha . That reminds me of this tutorial : https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/57/c8/89/57c88994d81ef56b8bb56476a3c5da6a.jpg

@Rawalanche : great tutorial that I didn't see for some reason on Ronen's website. I definitely learned new stuff from it, so thank you.
I can't even imagine what you've learned so far.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-12, 19:11:59 by Adi »

2016-10-14, 15:45:50
Reply #26

Rimas

• Active Users
  • Please refer all complaints to a brick wall nearby
    • View Profile
I had to google the' Farnsworth house from 'Marla'/Alessandro Prodan' :)

That's some very impressive work with Mental ray. Back then, post processing would have been a must especially to fix some of Mental ray's errors. It's really cool to see how far renderers have come with glare, bloom, Light mixers and all. I would admit Mental Ray did serve it's purpose during its time.

Yep, a good number of tutorials back then weren't quite in-depth. His tutorial on the otherhand was very helpful.

Seriously though, how time flies :)

Same, just looked up Farnsworth House and it looks mighty fine! O_O

Time really does fly... I remember shifting my interest towards Corona when Patton posted some of his Corona stuff back in a4 and it seems like it was only a few months ago :O
A morning of awkwardness is far better than a night of loneliness...

2016-10-16, 10:00:58
Reply #27

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
Yeah, I remember Jeff paton. I really dig his car renders. I think he has done some archviz stuff in the past. I remember trying Iray after seeing some of his experimentations with it back in the day..if I remember correctly.

Time really flies by. Before one knows it, it's 2020. Doubt we would have flying cars by then. :)

2016-10-17, 10:09:49
Reply #28

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm sorry it's a little too fuzzy / blurry for my liking.

2016-10-17, 18:58:13
Reply #29

pmcf1981

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i love the outside line glow that  sun make on floor and wall.... very realistic