Author Topic: Cinema 4D crashes when using noise shaders  (Read 4467 times)

2017-02-24, 08:21:37

Allertaler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
My Cinema 4D crashes constantly when I open the material editor (material preview), and there is a noise shader in one of the channels (Bump, Reflect, etc.). If I do not open a material preview, C4D crashes at the latest when starting the rendering.

This is done in all A6 versions. Corona A5 makes no problems.

2017-03-22, 13:25:03
Reply #1

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
I tried this in a6.2 and everything is OK. Can you confirm it please?

2017-03-25, 09:15:21
Reply #2

synolog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Everything ok in A6.2 and A6.3

2017-03-28, 14:50:01
Reply #3

Allertaler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, Cinema 4D also crashes with Corona A6.2 and A6.3. As I select a noise shader, there is the crash.
« Last Edit: 2017-03-28, 14:55:58 by Allertaler »

2017-03-28, 16:04:26
Reply #4

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Ok, we need two things:

• Could you please send us the _BugReport.txt, so that we can see where the crash happened?
  • Also, the crashing scene would help a lot

Thanks!

2017-04-06, 11:34:35
Reply #5

Allertaler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I do not have to send you a scene. Cinema 4D already crashes when I create a new empty scene and create only one material, then activate the bump channel and select a noise shader. Immediately the crash occurs.

I have attached the bug report, of course.

2017-04-06, 12:36:41
Reply #6

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
I do not have to send you a scene. Cinema 4D already crashes when I create a new empty scene and create only one material, then activate the bump channel and select a noise shader. Immediately the crash occurs.

I have attached the bug report, of course.

Thank you, Allertaler. I created a new empty scene, created one material, activated the bump channel and added a noise shader to the bump channel. There is no crash for me, sorry...

There must be something you are doing different or it could be caused by your system - Cinema4D version, OS version, SW, HW, ... To rule out the first thing, it is important for us to be able to reproduce exactly what happens when the crash happens on your PC. This can be done either when you describe precisely what you're doing or by sending the crashing scene.

Sorry for not being able to debug it with the information that you provided, but as you can see, neither me nor synolog were able to reproduce this.

2017-04-08, 12:02:55
Reply #7

Allertaler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for your efforts, Houska. I now have installed the beta from 07.04. And has been working with Noise shaders for 2 hours without crashing Cinema. I hope it stays like this... :o)