Author Topic: 2015 Quickstart  (Read 5122 times)

2015-01-06, 15:12:22

Dmitriy Yemelianenko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone.
Let me start from small intro.
During 2014 I worked as a junior architect/draftsman, when I understood that this work is not for me I tried myself as interior designer/3d artist in a small design studio in Ukraine... job without any perspectives.
From time to time I had some freelance work here in Ukraine and from our friends in USA, but it wasn't 100% what I was looking for. Than I decided to start working freelance fulltime and realized that my portfolio is pretty weak. So I decided to start 2015 with hard work on my portfolio and push myself as hard as possible.
This is the first from 4 quick projects that I have already made in 2015.
Actually it was re-design of an old one, that was made for vacancy in Australia last year, but my skills were too bad so I didn't even send it.
Now it looks much better, hope you will like it. Made in 3ds Max Design 2014, amazing Corona Renderer and Magic Bullet.
Any critique or advices are welcome.
Cheers and happy holidays!

2015-01-07, 10:52:53
Reply #1

fLuppster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Very nice lighting! The carpet looks a bit weird. Is it supposed to look like that? ;)
And the floor is too reflective, in my opinion.

2015-01-07, 13:41:30
Reply #2

Dmitriy Yemelianenko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you. The carpet... same problem as in next project, my mistake with bump texture.
As for the floor, it is really to reflective.

2015-01-10, 09:20:56
Reply #3

filipskrzat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Looks great!

About cabinet, the holes in wood suppose to be made by tiny little creatures i guess ;> ?

http://st.depositphotos.com/1735158/3000/i/950/depositphotos_30007761-Texture-background-wooden-plank-woodworm-track.jpg

2015-01-10, 10:50:00
Reply #4

Dmitriy Yemelianenko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you.I'll try to pay more attention next time.

2015-01-10, 11:20:23
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Why not? This is "design"! They could even take more money for such thing. It comes from super ecological hipster termite farms. I like the look of it.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-01-10, 11:24:23
Reply #6

Dmitriy Yemelianenko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yeah! Super ecological hipster termite farms :) You made my day, thank you.

2015-01-11, 03:39:55
Reply #7

druwee

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There is actually a cabinet series that employs that wood so that cabinet is not even an issue. Very exciting drive for the new year you have. I to plan to improve my skills n be better in 2015. Also a student who will soon be working but share the same fear of not liking the architecture/interior production work environment.  But am excited anyway. Can't wait to see more stuff.

c & c:
● all images could do with even very feint hints that there is some sky outside even if overcast and high exposure camera settings.

● the floor is very shine but hey sometimes the design has high lacquering and buffering. Not an issue, just super shine

● in all images the bloom/glow is high. Cool mood but when done in moderation.

● shot 3 has this human looking down camera angle which tends to be "real" which can sometimes be boring

An invaluable article (includes embedded video) about interior photography is available at vray world - http://vrayworld.com/index.php?section=tutorials&category=photography&tutorial=photography-how-to-shoot-3d-interior-photography-beginner

● take all the suggestions with a pinch of salt - lightly. As this is actually great work.

Anyway I am no expert and actually enjoy these images alot.
The brightness and lighting and materials are great.

Anyway great work! Let's grow and make amazing design stories with corona in 2015!

Cheers!

2015-01-11, 11:55:27
Reply #8

Dmitriy Yemelianenko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Tank you very much, for such complex reply, and for such nice words about my work. I will definitely read this article and will try to improve my renders.