Author Topic: Do not buy suspicious second-hand licenses  (Read 3695 times)

2015-05-13, 20:40:19

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
We recently discovered that somebody bought a lot of licenses with a stolen credit card. We suspect they will try to re-sell them for lower price. Do not buy any suspicious second-hand licenses without verifying them with us first! We blocked them, so they will not work, and you will not get your money back.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-05-13, 20:55:50
Reply #1

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good catch and hope nobody got trapped. Something to worth mention on the main page as well but I guess you will. Am I right saying that there are no official third parties where you can buy Corona licenses? If so, then that's also good info to have on the main page.

2015-05-13, 21:09:31
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
there were some case-by-case instances of reselling. But there is currently no official reseller.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-05-13, 22:30:33
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Here is somebody trying to sell the licenses - http://3ddd.ru/forum/thread/show/corona_1_0_sroki_i_tsieny/22 - can some russian bro delete the post & ban the scammer, or at least write a warning there?

2015-05-14, 09:31:13
Reply #4

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
I read the last 3 pages from this thread, anything there about resale of licenses isn't present. There purchase discussion in general: what type of the license, how much is, etc.
But there are one persons who clarify dependence request code from machine parameters though I don't think that it constitutes danger...
sorry for my english

2015-05-14, 14:25:39
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
looks like it was already deleted. In that case, you can also tell the guy who is searching for a student card to buy illegal student license, that his account will be banned too if he makes the purchase as student ;)