Author Topic: Image texture and UV map node?  (Read 13895 times)

2017-06-20, 22:36:02

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
I am having some issues with these nodes. I noticed if I link an image to the image texture node it fails to update if changes are made to the texture in a 2d painting application. Maybe a refresh button someone can click on that lets Blender update the texture?
Also the uv map node seems not to recognise a change of uv map for certain textures. Say u have two uv maps for a mesh and you change it in the uv map node. It doesn't update in the viewport or render.  Does this have anything to do with the 'must use object binary output'? Can you pls explain what that object binary means?

Thanks.

2017-06-20, 23:01:14
Reply #1

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Blender exporter for Corona
I think I can add a refresh button.  Will depend on Blender support.
Not sure about the update, anything in the viewport is entirely Blender.

Multiple UV Maps require you to use the binary mesh output setting. .cgeo files.

2017-06-21, 15:26:29
Reply #2

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
Dope. The uvs are working the way they should. Thanks mate.

Yeah a refresh button would be nice. Whenever it can be added is fine.
Appreciate all the work, mate.

2017-06-26, 01:07:38
Reply #3

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There is a refresh button now.  It updates the material preview and the blender texture previews

2017-06-26, 20:46:45
Reply #4

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo

2017-07-01, 01:42:45
Reply #5

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
If I need to separate a channel of a texture, say I pack textures into the rgba channel of one image. How do I separate them using the channel shader? Do I need to set the ones I don't want to zero?

2017-07-01, 02:56:59
Reply #6

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
:) Was just wondering similar.
How can one use chanels, alphas, layers... from texture formats as png, tif, exr? Is this supported?

2017-07-01, 04:52:08
Reply #7

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
Yeah, I wish it could be like ue4 where the texture node has a rgba channel. This helps me manage textures better and save me a lot of time and disk space. Speeds up rendering
Something like this where you can single out a texture you have packed in the rgba channels.

EDIT: Does anyone know if the normal shader works? The normal shader is used for normal maps, right? I have tried plugging normal maps to the corona material. Doesn't seem to work. How are normal maps plugged?
« Last Edit: 2017-07-01, 21:34:33 by melviso »

2017-07-02, 21:39:11
Reply #8

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The normal shader does work, the description from the documentation is: "Transforms any input map to a normal map - meaning it will be interpreted as normal map instead of height map when in bump slot"

I could do a new node that has RGBA outputs probably, using a combination of channel nodes it should be possible.  I use them combined with math nodes for the HSV and RGB curve nodes.

If someone works out before me what the node layout is would definitely help :)

When using the channel nodes it depends on what you want to do.  If you want a greyscale of say red then put red as the source for rgba however if you want just the red channel then use zero as the source for gba and red as the red source.

These operations are usually pretty quick but remember the more nodes in the texture then more work the renderer has to do.

2017-07-03, 10:15:40
Reply #9

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
Thanks for the explanation. The normal map did work my bad, sorry.

Appreciate all you are doing for Blender users. Thanks :-)

2017-07-03, 10:18:31
Reply #10

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Latest version has separate RGB and combine RGB nodes and a new math node that is a copy of the mix node but with numerical inputs

2017-07-03, 10:24:01
Reply #11

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo

2017-07-17, 13:29:58
Reply #12

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
Hi blanchg,

Would it be possible for a alpha slot to be added to both the separate RGB and combine RGB nodes? Textures can also be packed into the alpha channel as well. Saving render time, disk space and re usability. :)

2017-07-17, 21:25:51
Reply #13

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I was initially going to make them both RGBA but ran into an issue. I will investigate again. Though due to the material setup required for this it likely won't improve performance.

2017-07-18, 01:32:30
Reply #14

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
Ok. Thanks mate.

I ran into another issue. The separate RGB node currently only works in the diffuse slot as color. I can't use the node to separate the packed textures into grayscale textures for the bump slot or mix shader/math shader amount slot. The result has no effect.