Author Topic: Surface Material - new from catalog error  (Read 3685 times)

2019-01-28, 09:43:59

Carstene

• Users
    • View Profile
    • ASM Techbase
Hi all

I created a container with a surface material created by myself. Followed the exact procedure as per GRAPHISOFT Website. The container is created correctly ( I did extract the container and the folder has the correct contents in there )
Now I am trying to add my new surface:

- Loaded the container in to my library , fresh ARCHICAD file for testing ( did a reset all )
- clicked new in surface window
- new form catalog
- choose my catalog ( container ) created
- choose my surface material
- click ok

Then I get this error message: Failed to create surface. I have attached a screen shot.

I did post this in the ARCHICAD forum but then solved it myself as I had a suspicion that it could be the Corona plug in, which I am testing at the moment.
The Corona plug in seems to conflict when saving out a surface material you want to add to your container. I did unistal Corona and went through the whole process again. This time no problem with loading a new surface from my own created container .lcf file.

You only find out btw when you do what I wanted to do. The saving out works perfectly even with Corona installed but somehow when creating the container .ifc file the Corona plugin is creating a conflict.

Corona:
Corona Renderer for ARCHICAD Alpha 3 (DailyBuild 2018-11-23)
Corona version: 3 (Release Candidate 4)
ARCHICAD version: 20
Full-speed, Wide RGB
Build: 2018-11-23 aaef6d9ca05846777fd5df2b8a8808ac129ebab

ARCHICAD:
checked with version 20-22 same problem with all of them.

Hope this helps in finding a solution, if you have any questions please let me know, happy to help out.

Cheers Carsten
archicadspeedmodeling.com
Carsten

asmtechbase.com