Author Topic: Tutorial: Stereoscopic panorama with Corona + Cardboard  (Read 137846 times)

2016-05-07, 13:47:57
Reply #135

AM_visualization

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • amvisualization

2. As for the thumbnails, I read that you have to load a small PNG thumbnail in the same 360PHOTOS folder where the high res image is saved and use the same name... Didn't tried it yet.

Hi,

i've just tried but it seems dont work...maybe something wrong in resize image or save the png file...

Thanks
Fat biker bounce better

2016-05-08, 17:59:25
Reply #136

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
I received an update yesterday for the Occulus app and now the system creates the thumbnails once you open the photos in Gear VR. Cool!!!

2016-05-17, 11:11:10
Reply #137

mrsacan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For ios (+google cardboard), "stereoscopic 3D 360 photo Player - VR Gallery" kinda works (you split your render and add seperate images for both eyes).
App have serious auto-rotation problem but, so far that's the easiest app I found.

edit : and.. it's a heavy charge consumer
« Last Edit: 2016-05-18, 13:28:23 by aleeriza »

2016-05-18, 05:08:43
Reply #138

Ando

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For ios (+google cardboard), "stereoscopic 3D 360 photo Player - VR Gallery" kinda works (you split your render and add seperate images for both eyes).
App have serious auto-rotation problem but, so far that's the easiest app I found.

The best app i have found is the "Mobile VR Station" for ios. It displays a dozen different options from Pano too 3DLeft/Right too 3D 360 Sphere Top/Bottom.
Takes a couple of seconds to focus but isnt bad for a $20 headset..

Cant wait for the Corona App Ondra was talking about!

Cheers,
Ando

2016-05-18, 10:56:59
Reply #139

vhector

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nice.

With the official 1.4 version the scale isseu is resolved.
Still not perfect especially with the near tree. But hink that is resolvable with eye conversion,. I had it checked out.

Courious how it will looks with the real equipment at the EUE:P. So going to tst it with some real scenes.....

2016-05-18, 12:56:06
Reply #140

AM_visualization

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • amvisualization
very interesting test, i think that mine next experiment with stereoscopic image it will be on a exterior image!
I have to figure out how to make a360photo and then photomerge my 3d model......:)
Fat biker bounce better

2016-06-03, 13:01:10
Reply #141

LuckyFox

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Scans
Hey guys, we've got an Oculus CV1 and were trying to get a corona rendered pano in it. We've got it in 5000x2500 which from the looks of it is wrong as it seams like it shall be square aspect.
Can somebody give advice on how to get it working with CV1 apart from square render and puting it in the right folder?

2016-06-03, 15:12:39
Reply #142

vertigo1

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A few steps you didn't mention, so just to be sure you are not missing one:

1. Use the 'corona camera mod' modifier on the camera that you want to render and check stereoscopic in the settings.

2. Render in square aspect. 4096x4096 has worked well for me.

3. Download/install the 360 Photos app from Oculus Home.

4. Place the image in the correct folder and then it will show up under 'My Pictures' or something like that in the app.

I may still be oversimplifying it a little, but these steps should put you on the right track.

2016-06-03, 15:54:15
Reply #143

LuckyFox

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Scans
A few steps...
Thank you vertigo, much appreciated. Will have to render square aspect ratio, overwise your other steps were also checked when we did the first test.

2016-07-11, 17:12:11
Reply #144

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Wait... What is this...? Stereo pano with DOF!?
I wonder if anyone can guess how it's done. :)

Btw, I discovered a nice simple VR app for android you can use to view panos with Cardboard, before Corona VR is out. It loads up "over-under" images, so you can use the ones straight from VFB.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.poppolab.panoramaviewer
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-07-11, 17:41:09
Reply #145

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Wait... What is this...? Stereo pano with DOF!?
I wonder if anyone can guess how it's done. :)

Btw, I discovered a nice simple VR app for android you can use to view panos with Cardboard, before Corona VR is out. It loads up "over-under" images, so you can use the ones straight from VFB.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.poppolab.panoramaviewer

This isn't bad! Nice to have another alternative. I wish it was native 4k.... I have a 4k Sony phone, but unless the app is running natively at 4k it only runs at the usual 1080p or whatever it is.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-08-12, 23:04:22
Reply #146

Remi.V

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MYREZE AS
Does anybody know any workflow on how to get this working with a Samsung Gear VR?

Exporting the jpgs isn't much of a problem and renaming them to .vr makes the files appear when using the 360 Oculus photos app, but there is no depth. Somehow, google cardboard camera's panoramas are read by the oculus 360 app and they even have depth. There is probably some metadata implemented into the files which I don't know how to achieve as I don't understand to output it from a software that way.

If anyone has found a pipeline on how to do this, I would really appreciate their help :)

2016-08-12, 23:34:02
Reply #147

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Don't forget you can always sign up to the Corona VR beta :) Goes beyond simply displaying a single image.

https://corona-renderer.com/blog/introducing-corona-vr/
http://beta.theconstruct.tech/coronavr

For simple viewing of single images with no extra features, however, in Samsung VR (you'll need to change the display type to 3DV once in the Samsung VR app) or Oculus 360 Photos, straightforward JPGs work just fine, no need to rename to .vr, and default settings work for the Spherical VR mod settings, all you need is to change Image Aspect to 1 to get a square image.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-08-13, 01:06:32
Reply #148

Remi.V

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MYREZE AS
Thanks for the tip about VR :) I didn't know you had a project like that going on :) Signed up!

When it comes to your answer about samsung, I can't find the setting you were referring to within the gear vr app (3DV display).

Is this supposed to work in a way to give my Corona renderings depth as well with just one image? As far as I understand, when the vr feature is activated, Corona renders a split render for each eye?

2016-08-13, 15:37:59
Reply #149

Remi.V

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MYREZE AS
Ah!
I figured it out :-) I didn't realize I could use the render with both panoramas straight out of corona and Photos 360 understands it as a 3d panorama :-)

I guess I was too caught up in the detail from the tutorial on splitting the two panoramas into left and right eye :)