Author Topic: Corona Multimap help  (Read 4311 times)

2015-08-24, 20:02:36

bishbashross

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Oh!CG
Struggling to get the results I want with Multimap in diffuse. I've created a clump of grass and am trying to get each blade to be a slightly different shade.

When I set the Multimap to Instance it sets the colour of the clumps as a whole. When I set it to Primitive it seems to affect the individual poly or triangle.

Is it possible to have each blade a random different shade of green. I guess I could use material ID but then the colours would match for each clump I think.

Any suggestions?

Edit

From a performance point of view when making grass is it better to scatter a clump or individual blades?

2015-08-25, 12:28:45
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
From what I know, not possible yet. It would require per element distribution, or something similar.

From a performance point of view when making grass is it better to scatter a clump or individual blades?
Clump. Especially if you are rendering a massive lawn. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-08-25, 12:58:05
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Another idea. Nested multi maps. :) This makes few variations of the clump. The pattern should not be very obvious and it will be totally unnoticeable if you add random z rotation.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-08-25, 14:23:09
Reply #3

bishbashross

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Oh!CG
Interesting. Thanks for your help. Currently I've gone for various clumps with different material ID's but your way might offer better performance.