Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

Ornatrix Crash on Startup

(1/4) > >>

cjwidd:
I have a scene with a semi-complex Ornatrix groom which is accessing Corona shading elements (Corona Hair Material, Corona Distance, Corona Mix, etc.) and crashing on start-up.

Not sure if there is a TDR-like issue where the memory is tripping when loading the scene, or something similar.

Ornatrix version 7.1.1.26089
Corona version 7 (DailyBuild Mar 30 2021)
3ds Max 2020

Avi:
Hi,

Can you send us the scene so, we can have a look at it?

You can upload the scene here - https://corona-renderer.com/upload

Do let us know the file name after you have done uploading.

Thanks.

Regards,
Avi

cjwidd:
Eh, the scene is crashing on start-up - I can't even open the scene to archive it; the scene references assets on the local disk that might be relevant.

I'm still in the process of diagnosing the scene, but so far it looks like passing different elements in a mat graph into different parameters of the Ornatrix groom is precipitating the crashing behavior.

For example, bitmap -> color correct -> distance map; each node goes into a different parameter of the Ornatrix groom.

one parameter might be adjusted by the bitmap -> [color correct]
another parameter might be adjusted by the [bitmap] only
another parameter might be adjusted by the bitmap -> color correct -> [distance map]

If it's helpful I can just send the scene file, but there will be a ton of missing external assets, e.g. bitmaps, HDRI, etc.

Avi:
Hi,

Thank you for your update on this problem. Though it would be nice if you can collect the bitmaps manually and put them along with the max file & make a .rar file.

You can upload the file using our private uploader. Do share the file name after you have done uploading the file here -> https://corona-renderer.com/upload

Regards,
Avi

cjwidd:
I may have identified the cause of the crashing behavior:

If individual nodes connected within the same mat graph node tree are passed into separate parameters in an Ornatrix groom, crashing may occur.

There are also several problems with the Corona Distance texmap when working with Ornatrix modifiers:

It appears that objects passed into the Corona Distance texmap must be manually updated in the scene to register the effect at render time and may produce unpredictable and / or inconsistent results with Ornatrix related to object UV's and x-form.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version