Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Tutorials & Guides

Path tracing samples VS passes

<< < (4/4)

Ondra:
universal settings are easy - there is no such thing. We are trying to do some research to se the parameters automatically, but still, it is largely unresolved problem. No single value will work in all scenes

maru:
These are just my fantasies but it would be really cool to have some kind of programmable series of passes. So depending on my scene I would be able to run a sequence of passes with different settings for each (for example a few passes with lots of pts, then one or two adaptive passes to clean edges). I suppose this can be done now with VFB resume option. :)

Alessandro:
Yes Maru, or with Photoshop and some masks ;)

Ondra:

--- Quote from: maru on 2013-10-18, 11:23:02 ---These are just my fantasies but it would be really cool to have some kind of programmable series of passes. So depending on my scene I would be able to run a sequence of passes with different settings for each (for example a few passes with lots of pts, then one or two adaptive passes to clean edges). I suppose this can be done now with VFB resume option. :)

--- End quote ---
yes, I thought about this, but it won't work, because you would have to blend them with different weights (because you took different number of samples for GI), and then the advantage for AA would be lost. It will be better to just render with different PT samples per pixel from start, as a sort of adaptivity

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version