Author Topic: Render Legion and Corona Join Forces with Chaos Group  (Read 87874 times)

2017-08-29, 04:20:18
Reply #195

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Google says "At its root, Cars 3 is a story about getting old and figuring out how to accept that you can’t stay on top forever."

That is definitely one side of it, but even more importantly it is about realization and mentoring/nurturing of the next generation into greatness.

2017-08-29, 04:55:27
Reply #196

qbic-ft

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm a Vray user and I tried Corona sometime ago. To me is pretty obvious that Chaos Group wants to have two great tools with two different targets:
 Corona the best architectural visualization engine and Vray the best VFX engine and of course with some common features but at the same time different enough to make sense to develop two engines...So, I'm not going to produce movies, commercials, etc so to me, Corona will be my engine of choice in the near future
« Last Edit: 2017-08-29, 05:06:18 by qbic-ft »

2017-08-29, 06:23:59
Reply #197

Hamburger

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A lot of people really need to grow up. It's software, it's business not a sport team to follow!

ChaosGroup are good, Corona will be in good hands.
Maya 2016
Windows 10

2017-08-29, 07:10:03
Reply #198

sinjongthae

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ondra, use all the extra resources you can get from ChaosGroup to make Corona better.
Vlado, don't transform Corona to Vray, no one wants to see ''advanced'' and ''expert'' tabs anymore.

Yeah, totally agreed.
Honestly, I don't wanna spend whole season to read Corona Complete Manual like wut I did years ago with V-ray Complete Manual just to fully understand how it works.
 -_- Hope I won't need to learn coding and program my own Renderer in the near future, lol.

2017-08-29, 08:14:16
Reply #199

zmeski

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ondra, use all the extra resources you can get from ChaosGroup to make Corona better.
Vlado, don't transform Corona to Vray, no one wants to see ''advanced'' and ''expert'' tabs anymore.

Yeah, totally agreed.
Honestly, I don't wanna spend whole season to read Corona Complete Manual like wut I did years ago with V-ray Complete Manual just to fully understand how it works.
 -_- Hope I won't need to learn coding and program my own Renderer in the near future, lol.

back in a days when things like a manual were useful, if i remember properly, the technology both HW and SW was completely different.....thats why you have used vray in the 1st place - because it coudl handle your tasks better and more efficent...the comps were not where they are today and everything was more or less a cheat...so you had to learn how to do that.

lets skip all the hysteria and wait for even brighter future.

Be happy Corona has ended in Chaosgroups hands rather than in the hand of some greedy corporate or venture fund that knows SHIT about rendering and is all about money and doesnt give a fuck about users.

HAving Vray and Corona under one hood is great and will be great, youll get a lot of tech much sooner than when Ondra and the crew woudl have to develope it again and basically the same way...its waste of resource.

And why FOR GODS SAKE woudl Vlado start adding spinners to Corona when all the dev will be in the Ondras hands? This doesnt make sense it would go against the primary decision which is having two best racing cars in the garage....one easier to handle with automatic gear shift and one more complicated with good old manual clutch.  But put a great rider in a seat and both will reach the finish more or less the same.

Its pure perfect forward thinking from both and for once for the greater good of user.

Not every company has to be like Autodesk so why dont you start thinking a bit more optimistic guys??

Stop the bashing, stop the hatred, grow up and lets draw a thick line and look forward to 1.7 final :)

2017-08-29, 09:03:13
Reply #200

sinjongthae

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's better to assume about the worst case, else u got on backdoor to run too.
U got a good point too about working under one roof, but I rarely see it works well in most case. Probably, it only happened in my country. :/ That's y I learn how to think backward :|
Best wish, oh! I hate wishing and I don't. But still, to most people including me is hoping to see huge progress in both development.
As long as both forces r cool, so are we?
Cheer...

2017-08-29, 10:55:50
Reply #201

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
It's better to assume about the worst case, else u got on backdoor to run too.
well the worst case is that a meteor hits you in the face tomorrow, so why even bother doing 3D then? ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-08-29, 11:27:38
Reply #202

sinjongthae

• Active Users
    • View Profile
well the worst case is that a meteor hits you in the face tomorrow, so why even bother doing 3D then? ;)
Bcuz no one know about the future, there r possibilities. Anything can happen.
Still this doesn't mean I stop doing what I like, but thing r better to b prepared.
But Ondra, can u tell us when will Corona Renderer 1.7 be released? Will it b on schedule? Bcuz in this situation it seems like, lol.

2017-08-29, 11:52:41
Reply #203

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I updated the roadmap, we will release in time for SOA academy days
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-08-29, 11:56:38
Reply #204

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Listen to CG Garage Podcast , both are there, explaining to move.
All good, I think.

Phil
Dell Precision T7910

2017-08-29, 13:40:36
Reply #205

chartensimage

I wrote some nasty post and read it then and decided to change it. You know what? Life is too great to worry about such things as tools. There is abundance in the market and if something goes wrong with Corona we have plenty other choices so let's be excited and give these guys a chance! Positive energy is always better, and so much hatred doesn't make Ondra's team happy and eager to work fluently. Let's be positive and help them giving good feedback and if we are GOOD to them they will respect us users and will make good changes in Corona. Let's simply presume they are professionals and passionate and have a good will. If not it will be their problem, not ours. For now, let's keep it positive people! :D

Have a nice day!
« Last Edit: 2017-08-29, 13:53:53 by chartensimage »

2017-08-29, 14:08:08
Reply #206

Goran Gajic

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Congratulations to Corona team!

I am really happy for you all, your knowledge, dedication and friendly attitude, never met any crew like you are....Went all the way from alpha user to Fair SaaS, changed my workflow and happy since then :-)
I am sure you will bring us more joy, don´t spend all money right now on vacations, give us more sweets :-) ))
Cheers!

2017-08-29, 15:17:11
Reply #207

Seth Richardson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
All I see in this thread is a LOT of spoiled entitled "creatives".

I am curious how some of you can afford 3ds-max on your non existent income.

So sad to see a community that was given a great product at a great price act like this over something that really is a good move.  Not only for the Corona team, but for you as well.  You guys act like Chaosgroup doesn't care about rendering and that they are just out to make a buck.

2017-08-29, 16:28:45
Reply #208

sjmoir

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Google says "At its root, Cars 3 is a story about getting old and figuring out how to accept that you can’t stay on top forever."

That is definitely one side of it, but even more importantly it is about realization and mentoring/nurturing of the next generation into greatness.

There's also some interesting rendering technology behind it. But I might be reading too much into it, maybe Vlado just really likes the story :)

2017-08-29, 16:48:55
Reply #209

AnubisMe

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Now if only they could also buy 3ds max from Autodesk :) I look forward to what V-Coronay will look like but at the end of the day I like everything Corona offers me for its price and ease of use. To put it into perspective it took me months to teach some people on my team how to use Vray and when we tried Corona it took them a week to make great renders.

I am glad at least that chaos group sees just how great corona is, and were able to put in a business offer to try to stay relevant as Corona will start taking over the market.