Author Topic: Camera Bracketing Render Element  (Read 2531 times)

2020-11-05, 11:07:24

petrorosengren

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maybe it would be useful with a render element where you can preselect two camera settings up and down in exposure?

2020-11-05, 12:00:02
Reply #1

jms.lwly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jms.lwly studio
This could be achieved with a new setting in the 'Beauty Element' render pass similar to the 'Apply Bloom + Glare' checkboxes... see attached suggestion? Likewise this could offer a function to output additional Beauty Passes with alternative LightMix arrangements?

Could be a good route to multiple output options without having to manually edit, or redo in CIE?

2020-11-05, 14:43:37
Reply #2

petrorosengren

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Aha nice have not seen that one, Im slow on the updates :)

I guess its somewhat the same technique!

2020-11-05, 15:53:36
Reply #3

jms.lwly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jms.lwly studio
Aha nice have not seen that one, Im slow on the updates :)

I guess its somewhat the same technique!

It doesn't actually have this option - this is my suggestion of how it could be possible (Beauty Element with Bloom + Glare on or off is available currently - but I can't imagine adding a version with Tonemapping and Lightmix configuration files would be super different for the developers?)

2020-11-06, 00:38:30
Reply #4

Jarnold

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maybe it would be useful with a render element where you can preselect two camera settings up and down in exposure?

Isn't this easily achievable by just rendering out an EXR or other 16/32bit image format and then controlling the exposure in post?

2020-11-06, 15:41:21
Reply #5

petrorosengren

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It could be done that way. It depends on the workflow where some (me) work in 16 I think it sometimes is not enough for overexposure.

2020-11-06, 16:22:55
Reply #6

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You can save additional CXR, load it in Corona Image Editor and make as many exposure brackets as you want.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures