Author Topic: Problems with Corona Triplanar and Bump+Colourcorrection maps  (Read 2415 times)

2018-05-23, 16:35:39

igorhmc

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Devs,

I always try to use Corona triplanar map in my projects because is fast an easy to setup it on the scene but im having a problem to use it inside a 3dSMax Composite map it simply ignores the corona triplanar map if i use more than one.

The other thing i dont understand why doesnt work is the situation when i have a colourcorrection map for better control to a bump map, dont know why it ignores the Colourcorrection and pick only the intensity of the map.

thanks for the help

2018-05-23, 17:07:13
Reply #1

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
you might have better luck plugging your composite map into each individual triplanar node, rather than the other way round.

As for the color correction issue... 3DS max completely ignores the color correction node in regards to the bump map slot. To get around this you can plug your color correction node into the CoronaBumpConverter node.

*edit: typos
« Last Edit: 2018-05-23, 17:44:12 by mferster »

2018-05-23, 18:15:57
Reply #2

igorhmc

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well the colourcorrection to bump... i ll try that.

Now the composite... i need a triplanar for a single map not for the whole composition of maps... i do that to remove repetiotions... also in triplanars...
The workaround i find was to use corona mix to each one of the maps... but you know i have more complex tree of maps

2018-05-23, 19:48:07
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Could you show material tree graphs for a setup that didn't work and for one that did work? It could be that you just found a bug.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-05-24, 11:53:04
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Having more slots in the Corona Mix node would probably solve the issue here, and it is planned (at some point in the future - no specific dates yet).
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-05-24, 19:26:12
Reply #5

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
Having more slots in the Corona Mix node would probably solve the issue here, and it is planned (at some point in the future - no specific dates yet).

Oh, that would be extremely helpful. In some setups I have currently, I am chaining many CoronaMix nodes together to add a number of maps that could be simplified with more slots.

2018-05-25, 11:06:57
Reply #6

igorhmc

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good to know! the Corona mix composite with more nodes.

the material setup is that (Attached)

The thing is... i do that to avoid repetition in large areas... without the needed to unwrap the objects.