Author Topic: Corona 1.2 - Sun cause error on loading scene  (Read 4501 times)

2015-07-31, 10:22:58

fobus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I can't load old (pre 1.2) scenes with Corona sun on my PC in 3ds max 2014 and 2015. Max cause error on loading scene. I can load it in 3ds max 2013 on my PC. I can load it on another PC without any problems. But simple scene with Corona sun not loding in 1.2 on my PC in 2014 and 2015.

2015-07-31, 10:28:27
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This is a known problem. Temporary solutions are:
a)open the scene in 1.1, remove sun, save, open in 1.2
b)use this build: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p1123l25kcgi880/Assert%20no%20sun%20conversion.zip?dl=0
but please note that the build is not guaranteed to work flawlessly, and it will probably do strange things like deleting the sun target

if you do not have 1.1 installation any more, you can get it here:
https://corona-renderer.com/download/old/
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-07-31, 10:32:23
Reply #2

fobus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
F##ng changes. I have many scenes with environment maps wired to animated sun. This solution ruins all this scenes. I haven't wait this from so great and clever developers!

2015-07-31, 10:36:08
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
You can simply use 1.1 for now. We have tested compatibility between 1.1 and 1.2 multiple times, including sunlight with rotation, and there were no problems on our systems. We cannot predict every error, though, and it looks like this problem is 3ds version- or some other system component-dependent.

2015-07-31, 10:38:58
Reply #4

fobus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You can simply use 1.1 for now. We have tested compatibility between 1.1 and 1.2 multiple times, including sunlight with rotation, and there were no problems on our systems. We cannot predict every error, though, and it looks like this problem is 3ds version- or some other system component-dependent.

I have noted this error before release! https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,7239.msg58134.html#msg58134

2015-07-31, 14:00:02
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
We were never able to reproduce it on any computer we use. It seems to be connected to the way viewport is drawn on the specific machine. But we were able to indirectly pinpoint it precisely enough to have a fix, which will be included in hotfix 1, which will be probably released in the beginning of the next week
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-07-31, 16:00:20
Reply #6

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
I havent updated the office computers just due to this thing of the sun,  i will wait to more users to jump in and show bugs and stuff from 1.1 wired sun (in my case to a vray hdri, i know its not ideal, but it gives more control on the gamma and that stuff, and more important is that i cant even get it to work with corona bitmap, when i can wire it , it moves strange, i mean i move to one side , it moves to the other or in another angle....)

2015-08-01, 17:26:57
Reply #7

karnak

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm on 3dsmax2014 win7x64.
I have a scene (scene_01.max) created in Corona 1.1 with a sun inside.
I can open the scene, but when I select sun properties and click ok, the viewports stop working and sometimes 3dsmax freezes.

I tried a couple of things:

When I merge the sun from scene_01.max in a clean file, I can get inside its properties with no issue.

If I save scene_01.max on a new file (scene_01_re.max) and open this file I get a message:

Obsolete File
Obsolete data format found.
The file may have been saved with a previous release.
--Please  resave file.

When I re-save scene_01_re.max on a new file (scene_01_re_re.max) this file have no issue.

I hope this will help to find a solution.

Should I just delete and recreate the sun, or do I need to recreate the whole scene from scratch to be sure I don't have weird data inside my file?
Should I also reset corona settings?
I have a couple of materials from alpha (they have the Legacy Mode checkbox), should I recreate them from scratch?
« Last Edit: 2015-08-01, 17:32:27 by karnak »
Corona Academy (May 2017)

2015-08-06, 13:14:42
Reply #8

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
There is a new version of Corona that should fix the sun crashes/problems. Get it here:
https://corona-renderer.com/download/