Author Topic: Does anyone know what this is?  (Read 4458 times)

2014-09-13, 09:06:08

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Does anyone know what this is?
I went on the AREA 3Ds Max Forum for an answer.

Please see enclosed pic. Hopefully, someone will know :)

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-13, 09:30:07 by K u r a i »

2014-09-13, 23:08:08
Reply #1

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
It almost looks like a box for a script or plugin that loads at startup, but I'm not certain of that. There are still so many things in MAX that I don't use that if it belonged to something or was a certain toolbar I don't recognize it off the bat.

Do you have anything installed with MAX that would load at startup?

2014-09-14, 07:51:59
Reply #2

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It almost looks like a box for a script or plugin that loads at startup, but I'm not certain of that. There are still so many things in MAX that I don't use that if it belonged to something or was a certain toolbar I don't recognize it off the bat.

Do you have anything installed with MAX that would load at startup?

Thanks for the reply. When I pull down the roll-out, it just a big white box. It does nothing. But, I have always wondered what it means. When you open Sketchup someones there is an icon similar that is connected to a script.
So maybe you are right.... it has something to do with a script cos I have alot of them.

It's not important though. Just a curiosity. Many thanks.

2014-09-14, 09:52:40
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
If you feel like detective, you could instal UI spy or spy++ (part of windows SDK), and track that window down to see if there are any hidden labels for it.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-09-14, 10:06:19
Reply #4

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you feel like detective, you could instal UI spy or spy++ (part of windows SDK), and track that window down to see if there are any hidden labels for it.

Thanks for the reply.... but I don't care that much :)

2014-09-14, 10:24:10
Reply #5

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
3ds Max has a bug that causes random window to open on the start of 3ds Max. Sometimes it's script editor, sometimes render message window, and so on.

This particular window is a State Sets window. The reason it is blank is that there is another bug ;) This is how you resolve it: https://area.autodesk.com/blogs/maxstation/n63_how_to_fix_a_blank_state_set_dialog.

2014-09-14, 10:51:28
Reply #6

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
3ds Max has a bug that causes random window to open on the start of 3ds Max. Sometimes it's script editor, sometimes render message window, and so on.

This particular window is a State Sets window. The reason it is blank is that there is another bug ;) This is how you resolve it: https://area.autodesk.com/blogs/maxstation/n63_how_to_fix_a_blank_state_set_dialog.

Many thanks for ironing out the problem. But, I am affraid to follow the advice in the link. It took me forever to customise my Max UI so everything is how I like. Even though I have copies of all the different catagory settings...I will not risk it.
I once played around and lost everything and had to re-do everything.

A BIG THANKYOU FOR TELLING ME THOUGH.

2014-09-14, 12:39:40
Reply #7

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
It will reset just state sets window, nothing else.

2014-09-14, 12:49:34
Reply #8

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It will reset just state sets window, nothing else.

I will try it after my current project. Thanks :)