Author Topic: Animation stuck on "Transforming vertices..." stage  (Read 831 times)

2022-12-03, 05:50:27

Tom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I am rendering a short animation (336 frames) with 3ds Max 2022 up to date and Corona 9 Hotfix 1.
Few frames rendered fine but then calculation stopped at the "Transforming vertices..." stage.
I've noticed I have to click on this window and/or resize it to "awake" the calculation process so that calculation goes on again.
If I don't click inside and/or resize this window, things stay as is and calculation of remaining frames doesn't start again.

I've already reached out to Render Manager team for help: here is what they said: "This is a known issue with Corona and 3ds Max 2022. Unfortunately we are not able to help you with this because it is not a render manager problem. We had several similar tickets and we talked with the Corona support about this, to my best knowledge there is no fix for this. Last time the Corona support suggested to switch to the latest version of 3ds Max.

You could try to reach out to them, maybe there is fix. Or you could try Corona 9 with 3ds Max 2022."

Please note at the time they wrote this I was using Corona 8.1, so I switched to Corona 9.1 but it doesn't help.
And for 3ds Max I am reluctant to switch to 3ds Max 2023 as it's a pain to reinstall all the plugins and scripts from scratch.

Render Manager also told me to try to disable the Corona VFB: it does seem to work so far but it's not really convenient so I hope you guys know  how to fix this problem, that would be awesome.

Thank you,

2022-12-03, 19:00:32
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-12-04, 03:00:10
Reply #2

Tom

• Active Users
    • View Profile