Author Topic: REBUS RenderFarm  (Read 170751 times)

2015-09-28, 19:41:13
Reply #120

EarthMover

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've recently done a quick test with Rebusfarm on a small sample exterior scene and Corona.  The test render completed successfully, although was watermarked in spite of using  Render Points obtained through my FairSaas.  (No big deal as it was only a test)

As I do mostly exterior scenes with several dozen different proxy plants, (highpoly which i make in GrowFX) the file size when combined is always very large.  I don't have the fastest internet uploading in my area, so the uploading time was a little over an hour on this small test scene with 10 different highpoly proxy plants.  (Can't imagine what it would be on a large scene)

I generally need to produce between 10-20 still (3-4K) renders per project.  I wouldn't mind the upload times if I could batch render all the cameras.  (Uploading the scene file over and over for each camera would be a deal breaker)  Since native Max batch rendering isn't supported by RebusFarm, is there another way around this?  Are you guys using a plugin such as Deadline from ThinkBox or is there anything else script wise that is supported? 

I really wish there were a way to upload the file and just choose which assigned cameras to render through the farminizer plugin.  Until then, are there any suggestions for workarounds or something I'm missing in regards to batch rendering still images through the farm? 

2015-09-28, 19:58:03
Reply #121

Ricky Johnson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
(Uploading the scene file over and over for each camera would be a deal breaker)  Since native Max batch rendering isn't supported by RebusFarm, is there another way around this?

From what I've observed with the upload to Rebusfarm, each new project (each new camera view in your case) you upload will reuse assets that you've already uploaded to Rebusfarm.
So, if you've already uploaded your first view with the high-poly proxies, your second view (assuming it uses the same proxies, textures etc.) should be a lot quicker.
Particularly, I would have thought, if you're using proxies for much of your geometry (as the .max file that gets uploaded each time would contain less of the information from the scene).

2015-09-28, 20:55:37
Reply #122

EarthMover

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you Ricky.  You are correct.  Just sent a second camera and indeed, the upload started at 95% complete as it's recognizing the stored scene assets.  Upload took only 5 minutes.  A huge relief!  So far no problems with Max 2016 & Corona 1.2.1.  I've always been nervous to venture out into the world of render farms with the thinking that it was an overly complicated process.  Rendering with Rebus is easier than I ever would have imagined.  They've made it as close to just hitting a button as possible.  Looking forward to faster turnaround and higher volume handling. 

2015-09-29, 00:10:59
Reply #123

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
there should be no watermark - are you sure you also did not use any free credit, or did go into negative balance on the render?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-09-29, 01:57:38
Reply #124

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I had the same experience, despite adding the points from Corona subscription and using those, my first ever render was still watermarked and I had to manually add some credit (it wasn't because I was in negative, I added 180 euros from Corona, did test render for 5 euros, so I still had 175 but also watermark). I guess for complete first-timers in Rebus, it doesn't yet consider the user as customer when using promo codes only ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-09-29, 06:31:18
Reply #125

EarthMover

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I had been accruing Renderpoints through FairSaas since the release of 1.0.  I've built up 80 RP worth of bonus codes and finally decided to give it a whirl.  Add those to the 10 trial RP at sign up and I was sitting with 90RP, but hadn't actually spent any money with Rebus.  I'm under the impression that after I'm done using / testing with the first 10 trial points that the watermark will go away.  Is this correct?

The watermark says to make a payment and then redownload to remove watermark.  I wonder if it's possible to then swap Corona RP for Trial RP and remove the watermark?

2015-09-29, 09:50:49
Reply #126

atelieryork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atelier York
Talk to them directly but my understanding is that you need to buy at least 1 point to "activate" your account, even if you have a bunch of points already on it through freebies etc. I had to do this. Then the watermark was removed and I could re-download the clean files.
Alex York
Atelier York
www.atelieryork.co.uk
max 2016 sp1, corona 1.3 final, win 8.1. pro

2015-09-29, 17:30:48
Reply #127

greysheep5

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • cy architecture
Talk to them directly but my understanding is that you need to buy at least 1 point to "activate" your account, even if you have a bunch of points already on it through freebies etc. I had to do this. Then the watermark was removed and I could re-download the clean files.

Same with us! Shame they donĀ“t state that policy clearly somewhere... You just really buy one or a few points with a credit card or something and then you are authorized. But the strange thing is, we did 2 or 3 jobs before with the free points, before we ran into that watermark problem with the next one - and of course back then very time critical - job.

Cheers,

Chris.

2015-10-23, 06:01:27
Reply #128

Jamie@GV

• Users
    • View Profile
I've just got a render done with Rebus, awesome no problems. How do you continue it if I want more passes? Progressive rendering.
Jamie

2015-11-06, 09:11:27
Reply #129

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Any chance you'll be upgrading support to Corona 1.3 in the coming days, preferably today? ;)

2015-11-06, 09:30:31
Reply #130

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Ideally with that bunch of Siger texture plugins (Fresnel, Bercon, etc..) he came up with in recent months.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-11-06, 14:40:54
Reply #131

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ideally with that bunch of Siger texture plugins (Fresnel, Bercon, etc..) he came up with in recent months.

Oh yeah that too. But even the bare basics would help a lot this coming weekend.

2015-11-09, 09:26:55
Reply #132

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio
I made a few renders on REBUS yesterday.. Corona 1.3, so I guess they have updated :)
My 3d stock portfolio - http://3docean.net/user/tomislavn

2015-11-09, 11:35:31
Reply #133

atelieryork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atelier York
They confirmed in an email to me this morning that the entire farm is now on 1.3, and all jobs, 1.2.1 or whatever, will be rendered with 1.3.
Alex York
Atelier York
www.atelieryork.co.uk
max 2016 sp1, corona 1.3 final, win 8.1. pro

2015-11-09, 19:10:52
Reply #134

JanoD

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone,
well, I don't know..mine smartcheck keeps saying "Corona version too old:You need at least version 1.2.1" . That message had occured when I installed a 1.3. I reinstalled 1.2.1, but it has kind of messed up my translucency shaders and set up a waterlevel "on" in every displacement settings. Is it sure the farm is running 1.3 now, or I have to search for problem behind my keyboard?
Jan
edit: I've just found the solution with help from Rebus. I've been runnig on old Rebus Manager. With Rebus drop, it works fine.
« Last Edit: 2015-11-09, 21:36:14 by JanoD »