Author Topic: REBUS RenderFarm  (Read 170768 times)

2019-06-07, 03:24:23
Reply #240

thunderbolt78

• Active Users
  • render4you renderfarm
    • View Profile
    • www.render4you.eu
i read a lot of preview´s .. do you want preview for a stillimage during the rendering ?

that mean´s ... you render maybe 100 passes and you want maybe a preview at 20 or 50 passes ?

kind regards sven
render4you renderfarm
renderfarm 25€ free rendering
www.render4you.eu
twitter | facebook | mail
newsletter

2019-06-11, 17:29:31
Reply #241

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i read a lot of preview´s .. do you want preview for a stillimage during the rendering ?

that mean´s ... you render maybe 100 passes and you want maybe a preview at 20 or 50 passes ?

kind regards sven
render4you renderfarm

This would be useful. Or at least the ability to go at any time and grab a preview from an ongoing render.

2019-06-12, 00:34:31
Reply #242

mh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • houra.cz
yeah exactly, tbh it could be just a downscaled jpg after the first pass to make it easier - it's just to double check that all is looking as it should, and not having to wait for the full render in case there are any errors
---

2019-06-12, 10:26:27
Reply #243

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Im currently waiting on hearing back from Rebus support because the hundreds of images ive sent to render overnight have all come back as 8Bit compressed TIF files rather than the 16bit uncompressed files our render settings dictate. At this point i think its more useful to build my own farm.

2019-06-26, 14:45:14
Reply #244

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can someone explain why one node on a distributed render on rebus might take twice as long to finish as the rest of the nodes?
Surely they should all be about the same time and the only reason for it to be slower would be that their hardware is virtualised and the machine is running slow because of another workload. In which case i dont think i should be charged for more time.

I.E. one node took 90 mins, the other 160 mins on the same distributed render.

2019-07-02, 15:06:50
Reply #245

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Can someone explain why one node on a distributed render on rebus might take twice as long to finish as the rest of the nodes?
Surely they should all be about the same time and the only reason for it to be slower would be that their hardware is virtualised and the machine is running slow because of another workload. In which case i dont think i should be charged for more time.

We are happy to help with some render farm and 3rd party plugin issues, especially when they are officially listed as supported on our website, but this question really sounds like something that should be asked to Rebus directly. If you wish, I can contact them and CC you.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-07-02, 17:57:44
Reply #246

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile

We are happy to help with some render farm and 3rd party plugin issues, especially when they are officially listed as supported on our website, but this question really sounds like something that should be asked to Rebus directly. If you wish, I can contact them and CC you.

Hey Maru,

Well ive asked them multiple times and they always skirt around the issue or give me a bullshit answer like "Some scenes can take longer than others" but if that was the case surely all the nodes should take a similar time and not over an hour longer than another node of the same spec. They also say they dont use any virtualised hardware so it doesnt really make sense to me. I just wondered if anyone had some experience on rebus as to why this might happen.

2019-07-11, 09:21:53
Reply #247

mh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • houra.cz
as far as I know they have at least three different render node setups, so some of them will render slower, and they also differ in terms of the RAM available

also different buckets/parts will obviously take different amounts of time depending on what is in the individual buffers and it's complexity, ie an extreme example would one node rendering just sky but other a full car with motion blur; the difference will be 100x. a node taking twice the amount of time than others is somewhat within range unfortunately, if it was more I'd perhaps be concerned
---

2019-07-11, 09:26:32
Reply #248

mh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • houra.cz
I remember seeing a better info on their website that had actual numbers on how many nodes and types they have each, but alas can't find it now — though you can see some types here https://us.rebusfarm.net/en/buy/unlimited-render-rental

I am not sure how their distribution works but I assume it's pretty random and/or based on priority, so sometimes you might get lucky and have everything rendered on fast nodes, sometimes not so much

---

2019-07-11, 11:50:52
Reply #249

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
See this is the thing, Ive never had an issue on our local farm where one node takes literally an hour longer to render the same number of passes.
Only seems to happen on rebus.  Its like charging your clients more for rendering time because your own rendering setup isnt configured correctly.

2019-07-12, 02:09:34
Reply #250

mh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • houra.cz
yeah I've had the same issue with garage farm just now for example - 4 strips render, and the render times were:
1: 41min
2: 51min
3: 72min
4: 75min

I don't know if these are different nodes but there definitely is varying difficulty throughout the image (ie the top is pretty easy, middle is hard)
---

2019-07-17, 21:41:38
Reply #251

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Had another issue today that was laughable. Ive been working on a project for a few months and rendering from the same file for the last few weeks. Nothing has been added or taken away just camera angle changes. I sent my third job of the evening to rebus. It exported fine. first problem, rebus drop wouldnt upload it. After an hour i managed to get it to upload. Then it rendered seemingly fine. It wouldnt download. i contacted support. They told me it had thrown errors and i had to 'disable gpu accellerators'. Im using corona 3 with no gpu accellerators.

They then told me that my file has 'mental ray cuda features'./ I told them theyre wrong and that ive been using the same file for weeks without an issue.
Their response was to merge into a new file and re-render and didnt offer any reasonable explanation for the failed render. I rseubmitted the exact same file and it worked. Honestly ive never seen such incompetence at scene diagnostics. The so called smart-checker picks up absolutely nothing before you send it and it looks like the error logs on rebus itself are useless too. I also cant figure out why theres even a download button on the site for your jobs when you cant download it from the site and are forced to use rebus drop.

The sooner i can buy myself a thicc AF threadripper 2990WX the better.
« Last Edit: 2019-07-19, 11:53:30 by Jpjapers »

2019-07-18, 17:44:15
Reply #252

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Look forward to Corona Cloud.

2019-07-19, 11:54:06
Reply #253

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Is that a thing thats happening?

2019-07-19, 15:41:37
Reply #254

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

Is that a thing thats happening?

It is called "Chaos Cloud" instead of "V-Ray Cloud" for a reason. ;)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us