Author Topic: REBUS RenderFarm  (Read 170643 times)

2017-06-07, 14:01:33
Reply #180

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
CXR format is supported by Rebus since some time already.
To denoise the CXR you will however need to have the denoising data baked in, so you need to switch denoising to "gather data for later" option.

Just a small note on denoising:
-if you want to render an animation and use Corona's denoising: leave "lock sampling pattern" option enabled in Render Setup > Performance
-if you want to render an animation and use 3rd party denoising (AE plugin, etc.): disable "lock sampling pattern" option
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-06-07, 16:02:38
Reply #181

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Maru!
Nice to know that I'd need to disable LSP for a 3rd party plugin too.

2017-06-07, 21:57:46
Reply #182

studio_vir

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The problem is that Rebus not aceept the option "gather data for later"!

The error "Denoise not yet supported" still apears.

Thanks.

Alessandro Giraldi
www.studiovir.com.br

2017-06-08, 17:41:54
Reply #183

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Ok. We will contact them about this.

2017-06-11, 11:40:49
Reply #184

cgifarm

• Active Users
  • Your Brand New RenderFarm
    • View Profile
    • CGIFarm
If CXR is actually implemented, make sure that you have your 3ds max plugin updated. Usually when new features are added in, the 3ds max plugin need also to be updated. Check your version, eventually uninstall the rebus plugin and download it again from their site.
Working on a Renderfarm Platform - checkout our website cgifarm.com and our cost calculator : https://www.cgifarm.com/renderfarm-cost-calculator

2017-06-20, 13:47:41
Reply #185

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok. We will contact them about this.
Hi Maru, have you news from rebusfarm?

2017-06-21, 10:05:40
Reply #186

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I have just asked Rebus one more question to make sure I understand everything correctly (providing incorrect info would be the last thing we would want to do...), and I will log everything here asap.
Update, good timing:

1. Do you support CXR image format? (so that an image can be obtained as
.cxr from the farm, and then user can perform post operations on it himself)
-yes we support CXR

2. Do you support "gather data for later" option for denoising? (render
setup > scene > denoising > gather data for later)
-"gather data for later" and "only remove fireflies" are supported

3. Do you currently fully support denoising? (can user submit jobs
involving denoising, and receive denoised finals?)
-we are still working on this, should be done soon

If something between Corona and Rebus is not working right, please contact Rebus support at info@rebusfarm.net and CC me (miodek@corona-renderer.com).
I would also recommend updating all software (Corona and Rebus) to the newest versions available.

« Last Edit: 2017-06-21, 10:09:37 by maru »

2017-06-24, 01:08:26
Reply #187

ylucic

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone ..I've been using rebus for still with no problems. But now I have to render several cameras within a scene that have lots of moving objects, lights that change intensity and even cached mParticles (1.4GB of cache) ...It's an open scene as you can see in the image attached so I've been test rendering locally with PT/PT. Wich option will be the better one to go?...pt/pt with noise limit (3 to 4 works well in this scene)?? or caching a GI per camera?? ..

And I a have concern with a test scene I uploaded today. It seems that pflow/mParticles do not work if they in a xref scene.
Industrial Designer
SCL

2017-06-24, 21:45:58
Reply #188

cgifarm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • CGIFarm
Hi everyone ..I've been using rebus for still with no problems. But now I have to render several cameras within a scene that have lots of moving objects, lights that change intensity and even cached mParticles (1.4GB of cache) ...It's an open scene as you can see in the image attached so I've been test rendering locally with PT/PT. Wich option will be the better one to go?...pt/pt with noise limit (3 to 4 works well in this scene)?? or caching a GI per camera?? ..

And I a have concern with a test scene I uploaded today. It seems that pflow/mParticles do not work if they in a xref scene.

Hi, I think that it will come into the end on which one renders faster and gives the best results, and the easies way is to try both options on different cameras then decide what to do with the rest of two cams. I know from past experience with Rebus that Distributed Single Frame is not allowed to have keyframes, so you will need to run it on a single machine and submit different 3ds max scenes setup for each camera and with the UHD cache set on loaded for that cam if your prerender it on you computer.

About particles, I don't have much experience rendering that, maybe someone else can tell what's the best way to handle this problem, something that comes into my mind is to try to merge the xref in the main scene if it's possible, only if it won't make your scene unopenable or break something else.

Best of luck!
Working on a Renderfarm Platform - checkout our website cgifarm.com and our cost calculator : https://www.cgifarm.com/renderfarm-cost-calculator

2017-06-27, 23:27:54
Reply #189

ylucic

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I think that it will come into the end on which one renders faster and gives the best results, and the easies way is to try both options on different cameras then decide what to do with the rest of two cams. I know from past experience with Rebus that Distributed Single Frame is not allowed to have keyframes, so you will need to run it on a single machine and submit different 3ds max scenes setup for each camera and with the UHD cache set on loaded for that cam if your prerender it on you computer.

About particles, I don't have much experience rendering that, maybe someone else can tell what's the best way to handle this problem, something that comes into my mind is to try to merge the xref in the main scene if it's possible, only if it won't make your scene unopenable or break something else.

Best of luck!

So...did a couple of tests. And the best result where using uhd caching locally ...every 5 frames using "load + append". I've seen very different rendering times from a simple scene (times vary from 9 to 18 minutes of a 50 frames animation) so had to use a noise limit to get consistent results...

using UHD or PT as secondary solver gives some flicker ...

And pflow in xref does not work...they need to be merged. Kind of a bummer, because the scenes get a little slow to navigate....Other xrefs with keyframe animation works well.

cheers!

Industrial Designer
SCL

2017-07-03, 14:28:14
Reply #190

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
-yes we support CXR

This wouldn't work on an animation though. no?
How would you load a sequence of CEXR to perform the denoising?

2017-07-03, 15:19:09
Reply #191

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
-yes we support CXR

This wouldn't work on an animation though. no?
How would you load a sequence of CEXR to perform the denoising?

You can use this method: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,16428

2017-07-04, 00:35:18
Reply #192

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks.

Is there a way to make CEXR files lighter? I'm concerned about the time it'll take to download 1000s of frames from rebus in that heavy format.

2017-07-04, 23:42:15
Reply #193

cgifarm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • CGIFarm
There is not really something to make it lighter, the files are already compressed. The best option is to denoise on renderfarm and get lighter format version, otherwise pray for a good internet connection between you and your render service provider. Rebus does not support it at the moment, but I am sure they will get it up and running soon, but till then you must find a way to render your projects I guess.

You can add more passes and not use Denoising. Denoise is also billed separately, it's faster than computing passes, but on full hd still takes 1-2 mins depending on the workstation.

I found this cool video on how to reduce noise in After Effects, so you basically render your exr, tga or tiffs and do post production on those. Other more experienced users in post production, correct me if I am wrong.

This one looks pretty nice from their promo : http://www.redgiant.com/products/magic-bullet-denoiser/

Good luck with your projects!
« Last Edit: 2017-07-05, 00:16:23 by cgifarm »

2017-09-16, 22:33:28
Reply #194

Maros

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

anyone have problem with filtering ? Every image from RebusFarm has weird edges. Not sure what it is but probably it is filtering, my render looks ok but from rebus looks bad. I have all set as default settings.

Thanks