Author Topic: weird black dots\firefly  (Read 3872 times)

2019-08-27, 17:35:16

3dkobi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, I did a test render for a client - everything is ok, than I increased the resolution for final render, and I get weird black dots\firefly all over the render...other views\cameras of the same project are rendering now without problem.

What can cause this ?

C4d R20 + Corona 4

2019-08-27, 17:48:22
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Is that Hotfix 1?

Also, are they NaNs? They look like it - right click on the dots in the VFB, see if they have a color value or if they say NaN. Best bet is to send us the scene, as NaNs are serious stuff and we'd like to get those resolved (see https://help.c4d.corona-renderer.com/support/solutions/articles/12000033461-how-to-report-issues-c4d, that has links to the private uploader etc).

You could try unchecking the New Light Solver in the Performance settings in the meantime, to see if that resolves it. Or turning off Bloom and Glare if it is used (would be good to know if it was used :) ).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-08-27, 18:08:42
Reply #2

3dkobi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi TomG,
I'm not near my computer - only tomorrow morning I could check if it is NaNs and send you the scene.
It is Corona 4 hotfix 1, no bloom&glare is used

2019-08-27, 18:11:27
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the extra info! Interesting about bloom and glare, that was a cause in the past. We appreciate you sending in the scene, that is always a big help in replicating (and then fixing) a problem. When you are back, let us know if switching off the new light solver made a difference too, thanks.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-08-27, 18:19:48
Reply #4

3dkobi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Of course I'll send the scene :)

2019-08-28, 06:10:03
Reply #5

3dkobi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the extra info! Interesting about bloom and glare, that was a cause in the past. We appreciate you sending in the scene, that is always a big help in replicating (and then fixing) a problem. When you are back, let us know if switching off the new light solver made a difference too, thanks.

Well, I came to my computer this morning, tried to render this frame again with the same settings, nothing is changed....and...It renders fine, no black dots...Very weird.
Do you still want me to send you the scene file ?

2019-08-28, 09:56:38
Reply #6

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi there, I would say yes. Please send the file anyway. When saving, please choose 'save project with assets', this will ensure the textures etc are linked with the scene. The uploader link is in my signature below. Thanks.
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2019-08-28, 10:11:32
Reply #7

3dkobi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there, I would say yes. Please send the file anyway. When saving, please choose 'save project with assets', this will ensure the textures etc are linked with the scene. The uploader link is in my signature below. Thanks.
Ok, sending it now via the dropbox option (its 1giga zip file).
I also attached to the zipped file a text document describing everything

2019-08-28, 10:20:12
Reply #8

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Perfect, thanks a lot! :)
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!