Author Topic: Change Material depending on view  (Read 343 times)

2023-10-21, 19:11:22

hurrycat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok this might sound like a narrow usecase but in my ongoing effort to make everything as streamlined as possible, I would love it if you could change material properties depending on the current camera.

Let's say you have a plaster material that renders with a nice brightness in interior shots but is overexposed in exteriors. I'd like to know if a map exists (similar to CoronaSelect) that can choose a different input depending on the camera rendering.

I know Scene States exist, but i find it really easy for something to go wrong. Another solution is to hide/unhide layers depending on the view. What I'm currently doing is have the scene-dependent objects in a layer with the camera name and turn it on when rendering for that specific view, making sure to have the objects with the wrong material hidden to that camera, but again this is not ideal.

Maybe this can be done easily by script. Let me know your thoughts!!

2023-10-21, 20:21:55
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Wouldn't camera's include/exclude list work better for you instead of manually hiding layers?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-10-22, 02:38:14
Reply #2

Tom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This sounds like the perfect job for Pulze Scene Manager, did you try it? It does exactly what you're looking for: