Author Topic: Corona VR - General Discussion and Help  (Read 29936 times)

2017-09-27, 05:12:46
Reply #45

lukx

• Active Users
    • View Profile
when rendering VR there should be some separate xml file or it's already embedded in jpg?
I can't find CoronaVR in google app store.
How to use animated sequemce in construction "the viewer" ?
« Last Edit: 2017-09-27, 06:12:28 by lukx »

2017-09-27, 09:50:33
Reply #46

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
All info is embedded into the jpgs. The process is automatic.
You need to be invited to the beta app: http://corona.theconstruct.tech/guides
I don't think animations are supported right now.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-10-04, 16:04:13
Reply #47

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
A simple question.
If I export a vr out of Corona, and put it in a folder on dropbox, the html on the iphone dose not work.
It's in the folder with the image the logo, .js etc.

I take it safari dose not work?

Is this possible.

Thank you

Philip
Dell Precision T7910

2017-10-04, 16:14:09
Reply #48

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona VR is in fact a separate app, there's no iOS version at present.

Since Corona VR doesn't generate or use any HTML, I take it you are exporting and generating HTML using something else (that is, using Corona to render a VR image, but then something else to generate the HTML for viewing that image in a browser) - to avoid confusion, probably worth a separate thread on the topic, with information on what you were using to create the HTML, then perhaps some iOS users will be able to share how they get things working with Safari.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-10-04, 16:30:11
Reply #49

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Thank you
Yes I am using the older script to generate a html and logo.
Seems to work on a desktop's PC Internet explorer.

Just wanted to know if there was a way of loading the image via dropbox and the default safari browser.

philip
Dell Precision T7910

2017-10-26, 05:41:09
Reply #50

lukx

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Okay so what's the recommended android application to watch VR cube maps or 360 rendered in Corona and google Cradboard?

2017-10-26, 10:06:35
Reply #51

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
You can use the CoronaVR app - http://corona.theconstruct.tech/guides

...or any other viewer app you wish
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-12-11, 14:32:02
Reply #52

naikku

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good evening :)
A client called and asked can he view our Corona VR-images with a Samsung A5-phone. I said "No, you need S6, S7 or S8 + Gear VR".
After talking a bit I said I can ask in the forum if there is another way to see those images, so:
If we forget the hotspots and we just think of the images as they are, is there another way to load images and view them on
some another cheap headset (and another Android-phone... is there any programs for IOS, I have an iPhone)?

2017-12-11, 14:55:55
Reply #53

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Good evening :)
A client called and asked can he view our Corona VR-images with a Samsung A5-phone. I said "No, you need S6, S7 or S8 + Gear VR".
After talking a bit I said I can ask in the forum if there is another way to see those images, so:
If we forget the hotspots and we just think of the images as they are, is there another way to load images and view them on
some another cheap headset (and another Android-phone... is there any programs for IOS, I have an iPhone)?

Of course, if you're talking about generic 360 VR and not the Construct. (Btw, I looked at this website, and all those months in beta they managed to come this far ? How is this worth anyone's attention ?).
This stuff is fully device-agnostic.

You can use any Android phone with Google DayDream for example, or Apple phone with any of the generic headsets on market (there is billion of them by now). All you need is latest Chrome/Firefox on Android phone and latest Safari on Apple device. 2560px device ideally.

You can add hotspots using any tool on the market, from cloud based commercial like vrtome, to krpano based tools like krpano directly or Kolor Panotour, or free open-source tools which Github is full of.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2018-01-18, 16:05:05
Reply #54

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Details on the latest news on what is happening with Corona Renderer and VR are on the blog:
https://corona-renderer.com/blog/corona-renderer-and-vr-update-jan-2018/

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-01-18, 17:20:32
Reply #55

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Never understood this insane pricing! After 1,5 month you've paid more than a permanent license for krpano. Sad to se that the free viewer promised by Corona has vanished! Hope there'll be better news on the VR side in the future.

2018-03-16, 10:17:08
Reply #56

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
Never understood this insane pricing! After 1,5 month you've paid more than a permanent license for krpano. Sad to se that the free viewer promised by Corona has vanished! Hope there'll be better news on the VR side in the future.

Good point indeed ...
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist