Author Topic: URGENT: NEED HELP! CORONA RENDERER STUCK ON COMPUTING GI  (Read 5133 times)

2020-06-09, 15:55:35

Malvin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am using corona renderer in 3ds max.  When it is computing the GI, it got to about 90%  and then it just freezes forever (See picture attached). I have tried rendering this scene before with no problem at all. It works perfectly fine but somehow before, when I tired to re-render the scene today, it just got stuck at 90% computing GI. Please help me! I need to finish this ASAP. Thanks in advance.

2020-06-09, 16:04:48
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
What version of Corona, what version of the host software, and so on.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-06-09, 16:40:48
Reply #2

Malvin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I am using Corona 5 and 3ds max 2021. It rendered the scene fine yesterday but it decided to get stuck today. I have uninstalled and reinstalled corona but the problem still persists. I have seen another person on the forum who has the same problem with me https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=27097.0 but I think he ended up reinstalling previous version of corona (or) rebuilding the model from start all over. In my case, I have a 2021 3DS max so the previous version wont work.

2020-06-09, 17:31:34
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Like was mentioned in the previous post, can you send in the scene? (via private uploader). Doesn't look like we got the scene from that last report, so we were unable to dive in to what was happening.

Also, if it worked one day and not the next, something must have changed - if you can think of anything, let us know! (Did you edit the scene at all, however minor? Did Windows update, did Max update, did you install some new software - anything could be a clue!)

2020-06-09, 18:43:36
Reply #4

Malvin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just want to clarify, by scene do you mean you want to see the 3d file itself?
Also, to answer your question, there has not been changes or modification with the exception of moving or panning around the camera before the rendering gets problematic. I might also did change the limit of the rendering passes in the render setup unless of course, I inadvertently change something to the setup. Thanks for looking into this.

2020-06-09, 18:46:04
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
If you can send the scene (set up so that it fails for you on hitting render), that would be perfect! That other thread, doesn't look like we did get any of the problem scenes sent in unfortunately. Info on how to send it to us and the link to the private uploader is at https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006-how-to-report-issues-3ds-max - thanks!

2020-06-09, 19:20:25
Reply #6

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
As a workaround, you could turn off UHD cache. It would take longer to render the image, but it's still better than wait forever for GI calculation to end.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-06-09, 19:22:49
Reply #7

Malvin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have uploaded my file. Let me know if I have given you what I need or you need anything else. Also, I just re-render it to give it another try, it actually passes the computing GI phase to render several passes! Regardless, I think it would be helpful if you still look into it. Thank you again for looking at it very swiftly! Really appreciate it :)

2020-06-09, 19:29:15
Reply #8

Malvin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As a workaround, you could turn off UHD cache. It would take longer to render the image, but it's still better than wait forever for GI calculation to end.

The problem is that the progress is  completely stuck and just frozen while the time elapse just keeps going on  and on. As mentioned in my above post, I just redid this rendering and it actually works just fine again. It completed the computing GI phase in a matter of several seconds before it goes on to render passes to the scene. Regardless, I think It will still be tremendously helpful for you guys to look at it on your end.

Thanks so much for the support!
Malvin

2020-06-09, 20:27:40
Reply #9

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
As a note, if you turn off the UHD Cache, there is no computing secondary GI phase for it to get stuck on, which is what Romullus meant as a workaround.

2020-06-09, 22:01:17
Reply #10

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Are you using 3ds Max render regions? There is a rare issue where this can happen with 3ds max render regions which we are looking into a fix for.

If you are using the 3ds Max render regions can you try to use Corona Regions instead and see if this fixes the issue.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-06-11, 18:56:41
Reply #11

Malvin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ohh yes! the problem seems to happen when I use the region render!!

2020-06-12, 13:38:04
Reply #12

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thanks we have this logged, for the time being I recommend to use corona regions instead if possible.

Cheers,

Rowan

(Internal ID=432923875)
Send me your scene!

2020-06-23, 11:06:44
Reply #13

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
This is fixed in the latest v6 DB. (2020-06-18)
Send me your scene!