Author Topic: Corona5.0 lightmix question  (Read 6112 times)

2019-11-08, 03:44:15

miaomiaozi

• Users
    • View Profile
This is a question about lightmix. Most of the time we just want to add a light instead of deleting all the light layers. This will make us hard to adjust the value because we added a new light layer and it will disappear. I hope that you can consider the users who use this function, cancel the new changes of corona5, I suggest that you put the data of the light mix with the name of the light, corresponding to the next load, instead of rudely deleting all Layers to resolve previous errors.

2019-11-08, 13:29:36
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi!

I am not sure I fully understand your issue - it sounds like you have an existing LightMix set up, and then you add a new light and want to add that to the LightMix setup. If so, then you wouldn't use the automated process to generate LightMix layers, as you already have them there (the automated process is for making it easy to handle the initial set up, when you will likely have many lights and don't want to add them all manually).

For just adding a new light, simply manually add a new LightSelect layer and assign the light to it, which leaves your previous LightMix set up intact.

If that isn't what you were asking about, though, let us know :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-11-11, 03:08:00
Reply #2

miaomiaozi

• Users
    • View Profile
I think what I want is to automatically set the lightmix to add a new light. Just like before. The version before 5.0. Although the position of the old light is added automatically by the new way, the position and value will be recorded, but the value and color will be recorded. This is useful near the final rendering, I have to click on it to automatically add a few lights without having to re-adjust all the values and the rest layer is at the bottom (manual addition will shift the rest layer up) ), just keep the position. I think you can consider re-adjusting the algorithm that is automatically added. Consider a user who is too lazy to add a new light selection layer and add a few lights.

2019-11-11, 22:49:01
Reply #3

Owin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Agree. Every time when I'm using automatic lightmix steup, the color values resets to pure white in Corona 5. Naturally I can add new lights manually in layers, but automatic setup panel (visible in miaomiaozi's screen shot) was much more quick and convenient. It would be nice to have an option to choose - create LightMix setup with or without color reset.

2019-11-12, 05:33:23
Reply #4

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, agreed.  The change in 5.0 Lightmix auto setup with existing lightmix is unfortunate.

2020-09-05, 13:48:07
Reply #5

Owin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Unfortunately nothing has changed in this matter in corona 6 :(

2020-12-07, 18:45:31
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin