Author Topic: Corona Proxy Exporter (continuous updates)  (Read 114402 times)

2015-06-28, 21:45:35

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
This is the new, rewritten-from-scratch version of the proxy exporter for Corona. Some things work differently, most limitations are not present in this one and it will get regular updates/fixes.

Changes/Improvements I'm aware of ;) :
- No undo crashes
- If several selected objects are already instanced, only 1 is exported as proxy, the others use the same proxy object ( meaning: 100 instances trees only result in 1 proxy on the hdd). References are handled as well.
- Object properties are 100% retained when "Replace source objects" is checked
- wirecolor, renderable, visible to camera object properties are copied when source objects are not replaced
- Single mesh export is undoable (but will eat up some ram when used in conjunction with hundreds of objects or high face counts)

Please test it hard, report any inconsistencies and bugs. Feature requests are also welcome.

Download below.
Save the file into your "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 201x\scripts\CoronaRenderer" folder and use the already installed macroscript in max to start it (you should have a menu entry in the quad menu).
Or simply drag and drop the script into a viewport to run (or use the "Maxscript" -> "run script..." menu entries)

Changelog:
*v0.07 - [2018/05/08] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- fixed a major bug with exporting collapsed proxies which under some circumstances caused the original model(s) to be altered
*v0.06 - [2016/09/27] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- added suppressing of collapse warnings
*v0.05 - [2016/06/28] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- By user request: When a group is selected prior to opening the exporter, the "Combined Proxy name"
   textbox is set to the name of the group when the exporter rollout opens
*v0.04 - [2015/11/02] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- fix: proxies are always exported as animation
- undo can be disabled for exporting hundreds of objects => tremendous speedup
- some other minor speed improvements
- changed .cproxy to .cgeo
*v0.03 - [2015/09/10] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- animated proxy support (requires build of 2015/09/10 yyyy/mm/dd or later)
*v0.02 - [2015/07/22] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- code documentation
- fixed: output path cancel crashes the script
- changed default path
*v0.01 - [2015/06/28] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- initial beta release of the rewritten exporter

« Last Edit: 2018-05-08, 21:21:47 by DeadClown »
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2015-07-06, 13:06:53
Reply #1

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Since there's no feedback yet I assume it's working fine for those who tried it.
If there are any suggestions, bugs or wishes, please let me know. This one will be replacing the older Proxy exporter and be shipped with the next Corona installer!

2015-07-06, 13:14:15
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Since there's no feedback yet I assume it's working fine for those who tried it.
If there are any suggestions, bugs or wishes, please let me know. This one will be replacing the older Proxy exporter and be shipped with the next Corona installer!

You'll get feedback once it is shipped with installer. ;) People are probably too comfortable with the older one to check this out.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-07-06, 13:41:26
Reply #3

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I guess so ;) It's like max beta, everyone is too lazy to try the new build and report the shitload of bugs and once it's released everyone is pissed because the new release is crap :D

2015-07-07, 21:35:54
Reply #4

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Is there a way to have a proxy to mesh converter in the same script-dialog? i mean the revert back option for a proxy

2015-07-08, 09:17:34
Reply #5

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Is there a way to have a proxy to mesh converter in the same script-dialog? i mean the revert back option for a proxy

Why would you need that option in the script?
If you right click on a proxy object, a quad menu opens with the option "convert to mesh"

2015-07-08, 18:11:09
Reply #6

arqrenderz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz

2015-07-09, 09:31:17
Reply #7

johan belmans

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be

2015-09-10, 13:03:42
Reply #8

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
New version is up, supporting animated proxies. You will need a current daily build (2015/09/10) to use it.
Download link in the first post.

*v0.03 - [2015/09/10]
- animated proxy support (requires build of 2015/09/10 yyyy/mm/dd or later)

2015-11-03, 09:48:01
Reply #9

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Another update, but this one also ships with Corona 1.3

*v0.04 - [2015/11/02]
- fix: proxies are always exported as animation
- undo can be disabled for exporting hundreds of objects => tremendous speedup
- some other minor speed improvements
- changed .cproxy to .cgeo

2016-06-14, 23:02:53
Reply #10

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Which is the latest (and considered best) way to convert in this case Vray proxies to Corona? Is that the script that is executed by the converter in Corona 1.4?

2016-06-15, 00:35:58
Reply #11

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm suspecting this script causes some severe crashes for me. I have some work done in Vray that I've moved over to Corona and I can save the file fine up to the point I'm using the proxy converter. If I convert the scene with the 'convert proxies' unchecked everything is fine, but if I run the proxy converter it will crash on save. The conversion appears to work and the proxies are Corona proxies, but the scene eventually crashes

Are there any documented limitations on the proxy converter? I'm on Win 10, Max 2016 and Corona 1.4 with Forest Pack 5.05

2016-06-15, 01:04:43
Reply #12

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Please report any crashes directly to the corona devs (in a thread in the bug reporting section, with a minidump and/or scene if possible). The script can do a lot of stupid things, but if it creates a proxy that crashes max then it's definitely a corona problem ;)

There are no known issues with the proxy converter afaik.

2016-06-15, 02:52:04
Reply #13

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, will do. At the moment I need to finish the scene in Vray, but will come back with a report then.

So I interpret your answer with that it shouldn't be a problem to convert Vray proxies even if they are part of a Forest Pack scatter?

2016-06-28, 10:46:18
Reply #14

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Small update :)

*v0.05 - [2016/06/28] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- By user request: When a group is selected prior to opening the exporter, the "Combined Proxy name"
textbox is set to the name of the group when the exporter rollout opens

2016-07-06, 14:11:23
Reply #15

ROTATE

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here is one problem. If scene frame rate set to 24 fps, Corona proxy work incorrect. Especially on long range animation. I convert alembic animation file from 1 to 850 frames in 24 fps scene, but Corona Proxy set frames in file to 846,7

2016-07-06, 14:15:33
Reply #16

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Does it also happen if you export it manually (CProxy, pick from scene, etc) or just with the exporter?

2016-09-27, 14:17:28
Reply #17

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Small fix

*v0.06 - [2016/09/27] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- added suppressing of collapse warnings

2016-09-28, 21:43:19
Reply #19

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I've been trying to save out some treemodels as proxies on a separate folder so I can quickly place them when making a new scene instead of loading originals exporting as proxy again and again. Problem is that the materials aren't "baked in" the proxyfile and so it's unfortunately not usable.

Is it possible to add this feature for proxies or am I overlooking something here?

2016-09-28, 22:00:23
Reply #20

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
CoronaProxy will never have the possibility to save shader info inside.
It's the same cor V-Ray proxy etc...

The solution is to save a file *.max with only  the Proxy inside with the shader applied.
Then, FILE -> Merge -> CoronaProxy.

2016-09-28, 22:25:09
Reply #21

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for your quick reply.

So only .max files can save shader info, my thoughts are confirmed. By saying "never" you mean it's just sheer impossible, or could there be some magician (i.e DeadClown) that could fix this.

2016-09-28, 23:48:12
Reply #22

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
DeadClown cannot do nothing.
Only Corona team can do something.
They can create a new *.cgeo file as a (*.mat+ *.texture) container.
The idea isn't bad. With one *.geo file you will have everything inside of it.
But, I don't know if it's possible.

2016-10-09, 17:16:28
Reply #23

darrentomkins

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hiya. I've just come across a problem (i've started a new topic about it though :S )

If I proxy my plants and then use Backburner to render over my farm the proxies do not show up. I need to convert them all to mesh first in the quad menu which is timeconsuming and pushed my scenes to 100million plus polys.

2016-10-10, 10:08:56
Reply #24

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I've just come across a problem (i've started a new topic about it though :S )
I don't really know what this means, but the issue you are describing is not related to the proxy exporter and thus should be regarded as a normal bug report for Corona :)

2017-03-30, 22:10:54
Reply #25

zules

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGINEER
Hello !

After some weeks of use, I've got some ideas about the proxy exporter that make sens for me, maybe you too ? :)

- Auto rename Object when exporting (instead of only yes/no about overwritting)
- A path selector that retain previous used path (as 3dsmax do in a drop menu ?)
- Maybe a favorite menu to retain prefered folders of exportation (cf previous point)
- Auto rename material ? (
- An option to save selected new exported proxies into a new 3DSmax file (I work like this, to just have to merge a .max file into a scene, containing collection of proxies).

My 2 cents ! :)
Jules GAILLARD

www.imagineer.fr

2017-04-04, 14:37:53
Reply #26

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Thanks for your input zules!

That is possible but pretty messy. I could just add a random number at the end but I'm not really a big fan of that. Will think about it :)
- A path selector that retain previous used path (as 3dsmax do in a drop menu ?)
I'm using standard max dialogs for the path selection but I can save the last used path and open the browse dialog at that location.
- Maybe a favorite menu to retain prefered folders of exportation (cf previous point)
see previous point ;)
I don't quite understand that request
- An option to save selected new exported proxies into a new 3DSmax file (I work like this, to just have to merge a .max file into a scene, containing collection of proxies).
That's quite a specific workflow. I don't think there are a lot of users doing it this way. I try to keep the general purpose tools as clean as possible and not to clutter it with too many options. That's also in a way why corona is as successful as it is I think ;) But if you can find a bunch of other people desperately craving for that feature then it is of course possible to do.

2017-04-15, 14:39:35
Reply #27

zules

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGINEER
Thanks for your input zules!

That is possible but pretty messy. I could just add a random number at the end but I'm not really a big fan of that. Will think about it :)

>> I agree on the messy vision, but when you export lots of object such as complete scene of desk+furniture+pens+++++, there is always stuffs like circle001, line 024, box 035... and sometimes it runs smoothly, but you can also ficnish with box on desk, pens for chair backplate etc... messy too. And those shapes already have a messy number at the end... so box_024_001 is really messier ? :D

I'm using standard max dialogs for the path selection but I can save the last used path and open the browse dialog at that location.

>> Yes that can be great. Would love to see your workflow with 3ds path, because I see the menu, how to add new path and save it, but to use it with proxy exporter... nope.

see previous point ;)
I don't quite understand that request

>> I dont remember why I wrote that... ashame !

That's quite a specific workflow. I don't think there are a lot of users doing it this way. I try to keep the general purpose tools as clean as possible and not to clutter it with too many options. That's also in a way why corona is as successful as it is I think ;) But if you can find a bunch of other people desperately craving for that feature then it is of course possible to do.

>> I agree, that's mine but maybe note everyones. Forget it ! :D
Jules GAILLARD

www.imagineer.fr

2017-04-15, 16:51:50
Reply #28

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
>> I agree on the messy vision, but when you export lots of object such as complete scene of desk+furniture+pens+++++, there is always stuffs like circle001, line 024, box 035... and sometimes it runs smoothly, but you can also ficnish with box on desk, pens for chair backplate etc... messy too. And those shapes already have a messy number at the end... so box_024_001 is really messier ? :D

You should learn how to better organize your scenes / assets instead of requesting to propagate your messy workflow into proxy exporter script. Did you know that there is handy rename objects tool in 3ds max? ;]

>> I agree, that's mine but maybe note everyones. Forget it ! :D

Actually, i'm quite surprised that this workflow (keeping proxies in max scene files) is considered as specific. I don't work much with proxies, so maybe i don't know something, is there a better way to keep proxy and its material in on place? It must be much more convenient to merge proxies from max files with already assigned materials, then to hassle with material libraries, isn't it?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-04-17, 12:23:59
Reply #29

zules

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGINEER

You should learn how to better organize your scenes / assets instead of requesting to propagate your messy workflow into proxy exporter script. Did you know that there is handy rename objects tool in 3ds max? ;]

>> I dont know about any tool like this, your welcome to tell me ;)
Also, I think I organize my scenes pretty well, i'm here speaking about imported object made by other people. When you drag & drop complete sets of stuffs to populate a scene, you cant really control all the names of every objects, and it would be a time killer and such a boring stuff to do so. Also, IMO, renaming merged stuffs is a non-sens in a production workflow, you better spend your time producing renders than renaming objects, same opinion as setting Vray more than rendering with it (that's why i'm here ;) )

Actually, i'm quite surprised that this workflow (keeping proxies in max scene files) is considered as specific. I don't work much with proxies, so maybe i don't know something, is there a better way to keep proxy and its material in on place? It must be much more convenient to merge proxies from max files with already assigned materials, then to hassle with material libraries, isn't it?
[/quote]

>> I don't know any other way to do so, and I didn't invented this way of dealing with proxies & shaders, people showed me it was the best way to do it (by merging .max file to conserve bitmap path etc not drag & drop). I allow you to create full sets of stuffs (different living room, offices, 3D peoples, trees etc) in max's files, then convert it all into proxies, then import it in any other scene without having to deal again with objects, conversion, path pbs etc. I think that's boring to do once, but when done correctly it allow you to populate scene very very quickly, with no regards on paths pbs with rendernodes etc if stocking those .max files on a network drive.
Jules GAILLARD

www.imagineer.fr

2017-04-19, 14:06:43
Reply #30

zules

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGINEER
Also, me again, is it logical for you to add an option "convert instance to corona proxy" ?
Or a dialog asking the user if he wants to convert only the selected object, or also its instances.

I'm familiar with this script on Vray : http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/instancestovrayproxy
I use it for Corona too, keeping the same destination folder as the original one used with the script when converting the whole scene.
Jules GAILLARD

www.imagineer.fr

2017-06-29, 20:15:15
Reply #31

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Sorry for the very late answer. It's actually already supported. Just select all those instances and export in "separate each node" mode. You will notice that only 1 proxy file is written to disk :)

2017-07-04, 16:20:06
Reply #32

zules

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGINEER
Thanks, I will have a test !
Jules GAILLARD

www.imagineer.fr

2017-10-17, 12:26:31
Reply #33

zules

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGINEER
Awaking this topic !

Any plans for this Proxy Exporter ?
I assume some people ask for at least :
- favorite menu to quickly access save location for proxies
- auto-rename existing geometry (in a same object) when exporting

This would save a lot of time...

Thks !

JG
Jules GAILLARD

www.imagineer.fr

2018-04-02, 07:50:08
Reply #34

fistwood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Dead Clown,

The corona proxy exporter on quad menu when I install corona is missing, and when I manually add them in customize UI , the exporter exports as .cgeo files, where previously it exports as .cproxy files.
Is there any chance I can change to .cproxy again? And how to?

2018-04-03, 22:05:20
Reply #35

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Hi fistwood,
I can't remember exactly but I think the cproxy file extension was deprecated years ago! They replaced it with cgeo because it's more universal this way, not just "proxy". So I actually don't know if it's still possible to export cproxy somehow but I doubt it. I wouldn't recommend it anyways.

2018-05-03, 15:27:10
Reply #36

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I've encountered strange proxy exporter behaviour when tried to export one model. The model is made of several objects, grouped into single group. Exporter settings was, collapse and export to single proxy - on, replace source objects - off. At first try, it exported model only partially, missing pieces was simply duplicated separately as meshes. I decided that this is the model's fault, since it's quite old and messy, so i went through all objects and collapsed all modifiers except turbosmooth and reset transform coordinates. After that the model exported without issues, but for some odd reason, the original model was completely ruined in process - many objects were duplicated several times, some were merged with each other and assigned wrong materials. Luckily i saved scene before export, otherwise i would be screwed o_O

Exporter version v0.06

2018-05-08, 15:47:03
Reply #37

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Hmm... I can't reproduce it here with a simple group but I wouldn't rule out some fu**up in my code. Groups are nasty and easily blow up. Can you reproduce it, maybe even send me the offending object(s)?

2018-05-08, 19:02:20
Reply #38

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I will see if i'm able to reproduce it myself and will send you offending file if i will succeed.

Edit: i've managed to reproduce it and sent you a PM with a link to faulty file.
« Last Edit: 2018-05-08, 19:45:49 by romullus »

2018-05-08, 21:24:46
Reply #39

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Found the problem. This is a major bug and it is strongly recommended to update your exporter! Download link is in the first post of this thread.

changelog:
*v0.07 - [2018/05/08] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- fixed a major bug with exporting collapsed proxies which under some circumstances caused the original model(s) to be altered

2018-05-08, 22:50:03
Reply #40

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Feature suggestion. When trying to export big number of objects at once, exporter gives warning and an option to temporarily turn off undo. I think it would be good if it also would give an option to cancel operation [Yes] [No] [Cancel]

2018-05-08, 23:56:37
Reply #41

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Me again :] I noticed that if i export proxy with replace source objects turned off and then save the file, its size gets much higher than before export. At first i thought that it's some garbage left after export, but cleaning the scene doesn't reduce it's size. I'm attaching screen with simple test.

2018-05-09, 10:32:15
Reply #42

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
On the file size issue. Apparently it has something to do with mesh normals, if i try to export object as OBJ after proxy conversion, then it takes very long time for OBJ exporter to prepare mesh normals. Trying to reset normals with edit normals modifier, gives no result, however selecting all polygons and detaching them to new object, solves file size issue. I think this should be fixed, there's no reason to leave unnecessary information in object after proxy export. Maybe exporter could make a copy of original object before conversion and then delete it after it's done its job?

2018-05-09, 10:48:21
Reply #43

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Well, now there shouldn't be any changes of the original geometry anymore, meaning that there should not be any difference in normals or anthiny else before and after. The proxy exporter does make a copy before collapsing and deletes it afterwards.
I can't reproduce the issue here. The car file you sent me saves exactly the same size after exporting a collapsed proxy and is only a few mb if I let it replace the original.

2018-05-09, 11:04:34
Reply #44

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I tested it on simple teapot primitive, converted to mesh and it consistently saves almost twice as bigger files after export as before it. I tested it with v0.07, but i first noticed that on v0.06 Is there something else i could provide, to help you identify the issue?

2018-05-09, 11:08:48
Reply #45

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Can't reproduce it with a teapot either. Maybe you can record a short video of what exactly you do, maybe I'm missing something. Apart from that, the usual "send the file" thing always helps :)

2018-05-09, 11:11:33
Reply #46

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Can't reproduce it with a teapot either. Maybe you can record a short video of what exactly you do, maybe I'm missing something. Apart from that, the usual "send the file" thing always helps :)

Sure, will record a video and send you a file. Many thanks for prompt response!

2018-05-09, 11:31:56
Reply #47

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Here it is, a video and the files.

2018-05-09, 11:41:34
Reply #48

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Ok, got the same effect here. However, here this also happens when you create corona proxies manually, can you confirm that? If so then it's a corona or max bug.

2018-05-09, 11:45:21
Reply #49

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hmm, probably a stupid question, but how to create proxy manually? :] Nevermind, i got it. Yes, i can confirm, it's the same file size issue after manual proxy creation. Should i report that on mantis as a bug?
« Last Edit: 2018-05-09, 11:49:07 by romullus »

2018-05-09, 12:17:55
Reply #50

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Yes, would report it. Doesn't sound right to me.

2018-05-15, 17:04:43
Reply #51

luiz amaro

• Users
    • View Profile
In my opinion, Corona is the best renderer of today even without the Proxy exporter for Cinema 4D r 19 for OSX   \o/

2018-05-22, 02:26:43
Reply #52

arqrenderz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Corona will crash if some special caracter is in the name for example   (21 Louis Poulsen PH 3/2 wall lamp) or if i has this symbol      "

2018-05-25, 09:50:27
Reply #53

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
That may very well be the case. You can't save files with those characters. I should probably add some checks but quite frankly, this is something you should not do anyways anywhere ;)

2018-05-25, 11:34:31
Reply #54

karnak

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In other words, you deserved the crash if you name your object with /or " symbols.. :D
I hope I have not been too rude.

On a serious note, try to use at least the rules of Windows when naming nodes in 3ds Max. Check the attachments below.
Corona Academy (May 2017)

2018-05-25, 13:02:48
Reply #55

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Well, no program or script should crash, no matter what. So reporting this is totally justified and appreciated. I should "sanitize" those string before trying to save (and not crash the script).

2018-05-25, 14:16:37
Reply #56

karnak

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I agree, the bug report is still entirely useful.
Proxy Exporter script aside, I think it not a good practice to use those symbols in naming conventions, and I strongly suggest learning not to use them.
I hope this can also be useful. 🙂
Corona Academy (May 2017)

2020-01-09, 18:01:19
Reply #57

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi all!

I am trying to export a very heavy geometry (44.000.000 polys) and I am getting an error a few seconds after I click the export button, I attached the error image below.
Usually I never had any issues with heavy geometries but today yes.

I use Win 10 and Corona 6 latest daily build.

Do you know what it could be?

Thanks in advance and happy new 2020 from my part as well.

Dionysios -

2020-01-10, 10:16:06
Reply #58

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Hmm... that's a tough one. Can't really tell you anything helpful I'm afraid. There's no reason for it to fail code-wise so I suspect it either being a max problem or a problem with the corona proxy object itself. Can you try exporting it the "old school" way via the proxy object?

Happy new year to you too :)

2020-01-10, 16:26:41
Reply #59

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Thanks for getting back.

Unfortunately the "old school" method doesn't work either. I think the object is way to heavy and crashes everything during the process.
I'll try to detach some elements and create 4 smaller new object and try again.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2020-01-10, 16:28:03
Reply #60

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Well, in this case it's worth a regular bug report for the corona team to look into :)

2020-02-26, 11:30:16
Reply #61

Юлия13

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi, the converter told me to post this here...

2020-03-02, 09:35:43
Reply #62

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Hi, this is not quite the correct thread but anyways, the problem in your case is a very old Vray version that is not supported by the converter. If you upgrade it, it should work again :)

2020-08-06, 18:13:42
Reply #63

dfcorona

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This might be only a big deal for me only but I have some complex models with a bunch of Falloff maps set to "Shadow / Light" that corona doesn't support and render correctly.  Can there be an update to the converter to convert all those Falloff maps to Fresnel instead?