Chaos Scatter > [Scatter] Feature Requests

Chaos Scatter feedback

(1/12) > >>

mike288:
Hi, from the latest Corona Renderer 8 Daily Builds Changelog:

* Corona Scatter has been deprecated in favor of more advanced and standalone Chaos Scatter. Chaos Scatter is automatically installed alongside Corona. You can find it in Chaos -> ChaosScatter after installing.
* If possible, Corona Scatter button has been removed from the toolbar because Chaos Scatter now has its own toolbar.
* Legacy Corona Scatter scenes get automatically converted on scene open, the randomization may change in this case, if you need to maintain the same scattering we advise to open and render the scene in Corona v7.Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UbEYs_wGvGY_nkw4so69oeuam915awBD/view?usp=sharing

Please, what do you think? :-) The changes announced recently in our blog post now apply.

* Slope limiting (no trees growing out of cliffs!)
* Include/exclude via splines (closed or open)
* Surface color map (patterns on rugs, etc.)
* Better viewport display
* Limit scattering only inside camera field of view (frustum culling)
* and more

marchik:
It seems that everything stated works fine, except
--- Quote from: mike288 on 2021-12-07, 17:42:04 ---
--- End quote ---
I cant find this option, and unfortunately I did not wait for the function of normal orientation of objects scattered along the spline, as in the forest pack which I wrote about several years ago
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=26898.msg159486#msg159486

but overall feelings and performance are great!

mike288:

--- Quote from: marchik on 2021-12-07, 19:55:47 ---It seems that everything stated works fine, except
--- Quote from: mike288 on 2021-12-07, 17:42:04 ---
--- End quote ---
I cant find this option, and unfortunately I did not wait for the function of normal orientation of objects scattered along the spline, as in the forest pack which I wrote about several years ago
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=26898.msg159486#msg159486

--- End quote ---

Stay tuned. Frustum culling (Camera clipping) is WIP and will be added before Corona 8 release.

There is Follow Spline spinner available for 1D spline scattering, do you mean that? Anyway, ideas there are recorded in our internal tracker (thank you). The thing is that ATM we are not focusing on 1D features as other missing features compared to other scatters are more needed.

marchik:

--- Quote from: mike288 on 2021-12-07, 20:19:09 ---Stay tuned. Frustum culling (Camera clipping) is WIP and will be added before Corona 8 release.

There is Follow Spline spinner available for 1D spline scattering, do you mean that? Anyway, ideas there are recorded in our internal tracker (thank you). The thing is that ATM we are not focusing on 1D features as other missing features compared to other scatters are more needed.

--- End quote ---
Nice to hear, we will wait for all the features to be added!
As for spline scattering, personally, in my case, for large exterior projects I will most likely still use the forest pack, but for small everyday tasks, for example, curb stones or stitching on fabric, I would gladly use a faster and simpler tool like Chaos Scatter (performance is really great), ofc I remember about the follow spline option, but it seems to me that the instance orientation algorithm itself is different here, in any case I will conduct more tests for myself, and again thank you so much for the work done!

shortcirkuit:
looks great - does anyone know how this compares to forest?  I mean, i will do tests but keen to see if anyone has done some tests.  By tests i mean, with large forest pack objects (lots of scattered items) - the interactive render takes up to 15 seconds to start in some extreme cases.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version