Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Daily Builds

Corona Sky "Visible directly" no longer works? v7.0 daily (Jan 22 2021) Bug?

(1/2) > >>

monsieurblack:
Hi all

Firstly, I've already submitted this more formally as a possible bug, but thought I'd do a quick post here to see if anyone else has experienced this in the new (v7 / Jan 22 2021) daily build.

It seems for me that the "Visible directly" option in the "Corona Sky" object no longer works?

Unchecking this seemingly does not change its behaviour and I am still able to see my .HDR file when rendering.

I have some scenes where we use the Corona Sun object to cast a little illumination and create a nice defined shadow and a Corona Sky object with the .HDR file adds in a much more of the illumination and provides us with nice reflections too.

Previously we could simply uncheck this "Visible directly" checkbox and it would no longer be seen in the render, this now longer appears to be the case unfortunately.

Is anyone else able to confirm this please?

TomG:
Working as expected here in a test scene (cube, Corona Sky object set to HDRI - Visible Directly checked, I see the HDRI, when unchecked, I get a black background).

Can you share example renders, grabs of the sky set up, the scene, etc.? (At least for the bug report, if those things were not included in it).

burnin:
Same here, all Sky Types work as expected // W10, C4D 23.110, CRN7 latest daily
More info and system specs would be helpful.

mmarcotic:
I have to side with Tom as well, just tested this in a Cube + Sky(HDRI) scene and everything works as expected for me.
Could you please add the following details?
C4D version:
Corona version:
Scene (or a minimal version of it in which the issue occurs):

Thank you,
Jan

monsieurblack:
hhhmmm, thanks all. Appreciate the replies and for checking it out.

It's clearly something I'm doing wrong my end (user error!) so apologies there.

Will try and mock-up a file (or strip one down that doesn't appear to be working) and share it and would be great to get pointers as to why I seem to be getting the behaviour I am.

In the mean time my machine specs are as follows...

Corona v7.0 daily Jan 22 2021
Cinema 4D R23.110
macOS Mojave 10.14.6
Mac Pro (Mid 2010)
2 x 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
96 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB

Thanks again

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page