General Category > Gallery

Nut-o-grammetry

<< < (2/24) > >>

pixelab:
Great results !! I'm amazed by the level of detail you manage to extract. I'm exploring photogrammerty myself and I'm trying to setup a cross polarized setup. Disappointed also by Reality caputre, buggy, laggy, maybe fast but the interface looks completely unfinished and crashing a lot for a rather expensive product.

Funny because I wasn't convinced at all by BBB3 viz workflow, too much speculars, cumbersome "2 sets" workflow, etc... and everywhere I see mind blowing results (mostly fruits & nuts) with his technique. I guess I've not failed and given up enough ;)

Out of curiosity, how much pictures do you take for one object ?

LuckyFox:
Thank you, Pixelab!
I do not count as I shoot, so sometimes is more sometimes is less.
Some examples:
the main walnut 256
garlic 166
hazelnut 55

I am curious about your insights on cross polarised setup as I had to abort some shots due to strong speculars because I don't have yet polarising filter.

PMVis:
Really nice models!

I too know the pain of photogrammetry and the hours of trial and error. I find agisoft photoscan rarely works the same way twice. I think I have found a workflow that works, then I do the exact same thing again for another model and for some reason beyond my understanding it doesn't work. Can be immensely frustrating, but worth the effort!

pixelab:
Thanks for the captures !

--- Quote from: LuckyFox on 2017-01-19, 19:51:48 ---I am curious about your insights on cross polarised setup as I had to abort some shots due to strong speculars because I don't have yet polarising filter.

--- End quote ---

I will write a post on my blog as soon as the technique is in perfect running order. I'm trying to reproduce (more or less) the setup here : http://pixellighteffects.com/2016/05/cross-polarized-prop-scanning/

LuckyFox:
PMVis Couldn't describe better the experience! spot on! Thank you!
pixelab, eager to find out and thank you. Bookmarked your blog.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version