Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Feature Requests

CoronaCameraMod - Pass control, Displacement etc.

(1/4) > >>

atelieryork:
Not sure if this is possible, but I hope so...

Could we please get CoronaCameraMod controls for specifying max render passes/max time and perhaps other features like displacement override, MB override etc.?

Edit: forgot to mention - the other super important one would be the GI v AA balance value, per cameramod. Could be very useful!

This would be enormously useful when you have multiple cameras per max file and need different passes for some, some shots might not need displacement while some do etc. This would do away with needing to split out into loads of max files as separate shots. Scene States are horrible and unreliable to use.

PROH:
Another thing that would be really nice to have per camera is render output size (and thereby ratio). This way it would be possible to render i.e. both 360 pano cams and "normal" cams without constantly manually change output settings :)

Frood:
I don´t think it´s a good idea to put everything in CameraMod though at the moment it seems the only reasonable location.

Since max exists I would like to have the render settings (even those in the Common tab) to be just keyable. But I don´t know if it´s even possibe to implement. It would be another approach to handle different settings in that (very common) scenario you described. In your case you would join the cams into a single one and simply animate settings along timeline.

--- Quote from: atelieryork on 2015-11-06, 11:07:49 ---Scene States are horrible and unreliable to use.

--- End quote ---

Exactly.

Good Luck

Ondra:

--- Quote from: Frood on 2015-11-06, 11:24:50 ---I would like to have the render settings (even those in the Common tab) to be just keyable.

--- End quote ---
I already had it implemented, but it caused some trouble so I had to disable it. I will revisit it at some point

Frood:
Even though being extremly curious I will not ask which trouble but instead hope...

--- Quote from: Ondra on 2015-11-06, 11:36:45 ---I will revisit it at some point

--- End quote ---

... this will come true. It would provide a completely different (and simpler) approach for many situations indeed.

Good Luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version