Author Topic: IPR and Corona scatter  (Read 20984 times)

2017-03-29, 12:12:05
Reply #15

lasse1309

• Active Users
    • View Profile
works great! thanks again!

2017-03-29, 16:24:19
Reply #16

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Hi Lasse

It sounds great what you are experiencing with Corona and Blender.
I investigated Blender a little bit as an alternative for Max. One of the main drawbacks for me is the fact I have to export the whole scene to the Corona standalone for rendering. So if I have to make adjustments I can imagine I will loose a lot of time with exporting before seeing any results as my scenes can be quite heavy.
What is your experience on this matter?

2017-03-29, 16:43:31
Reply #17

lasse1309

• Active Users
    • View Profile
well, it depends: yes- the scene is "exported" to the standalone. but you can be very flexible with this. you export the geometry once and then only "overwrite" e.g. the things you are changing. if you only change material, the geo does not need to be exported - so it becomes very quick to start (there is an "overwrite geometry" checker. you can also pick which one you want to overwrite "selected only" for example makes sense when you changed UV mapping on a certain object)
of course you are getting rid of the interactive mode - so it is a bit of a time travel back 2 years. but test renders worked out back then as well, no? :)
it does take a bit longer than in max to open the VFB, but for my feeling it is acceptable.

well - my journey right now also led me here for an alternative of the max. actually to be more flexible on the dcc and renderer side.

exporting the scene for me opens a lot more flexibility. you are not dependent on the max anymore, can change quickly rendersettings in the texteditor, etc.
it is different approach but it makes things also a bit easier.

2017-03-30, 07:35:38
Reply #18

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Blender exporter for Corona
Nice test!

Glad it works like you want.

I am working on a way to detect changes so less manual options hopefully won't be needed.

2017-03-30, 11:17:14
Reply #19

lasse1309

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Glen!
just noticed now the export of instances does not work anymore - the exporter adds a number to the asigned obj file.
like box.obj
and then box.001.obj
send a bug report to the bitbucket with screenshot comparing 4.05 and 4.1 :D
best regards
Lasse

2017-03-30, 16:00:54
Reply #20

novena

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • my online portfolio
Hey Glen!
just noticed now the export of instances does not work anymore - the exporter adds a number to the asigned obj file.
like box.obj
and then box.001.obj
send a bug report to the bitbucket with screenshot comparing 4.05 and 4.1 :D
best regards
Lasse

hey Lasse, are you Lasse Rode from XOIO? if so, it is great that you are on board the combo blender/corona... may I ask you how did you make the particles system to work? I have been trying to scatter trees with particle systems but the trees just dont render
best
Victor

2017-03-30, 16:08:03
Reply #21

lasse1309

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Victor,

yes it's me ;)

well - try the latest version of the exporter 4.10 - Glen did make a great update so it really exports and renders fast.

How to do it: there is a tutorial by BlenderGuru which shows best way how to scatter stuff:

it and then you have to check the "export hair" checker i think in order to make it render the trees.
keep me in the loop how that worked out :)

yes, I am very excited to get into the blender/corona combo deeper. it is very cool how powerful blender became, not to mention the mighty C :D

wrote an article on our xoio-air.de on that topic today, if interested ;)

best regards
L

2017-03-30, 23:15:16
Reply #22

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Instancing issue fixed 4.1.1 and some other items in 4.1.2

2017-03-31, 00:38:25
Reply #23

novena

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • my online portfolio
Hey Victor,

yes it's me ;)

well - try the latest version of the exporter 4.10 - Glen did make a great update so it really exports and renders fast.

How to do it: there is a tutorial by BlenderGuru which shows best way how to scatter stuff:

it and then you have to check the "export hair" checker i think in order to make it render the trees.
keep me in the loop how that worked out :)

yes, I am very excited to get into the blender/corona combo deeper. it is very cool how powerful blender became, not to mention the mighty C :D

wrote an article on our xoio-air.de on that topic today, if interested ;)

best regards
L

hey Lasse!
thanks for your reply... how could I miss to check the 'export hair' checker? aaaagh
I normally follow Andrew Prices tutorials and it seems I missed this one, thanks for the heads up, and yes I will read your article, I'm interested...

I tested with the version 4.1.0 of the exporter, and it does not even render the single tree, and just now tested with v 4.1.2 and I get an error when trying to render the particle system...
I hope this issue will be solved soon

best regards
Victor

2017-03-31, 00:44:01
Reply #24

novena

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • my online portfolio
Instancing issue fixed 4.1.1 and some other items in 4.1.2

Hey Glen!
thanks again for your hard work! I just updated to version 4.1.2 and tried to render a tree scattered using a particles system but it does not render, I got the following message see attached image
best regards
Victor

2017-03-31, 00:57:42
Reply #25

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Victor,

Can you try 4.1.3 please?

2017-03-31, 01:20:01
Reply #26

novena

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • my online portfolio
Hi Victor,

Can you try 4.1.3 please?

Hey Glen! thanks for your reply, I tried 4.1.3, but it fails to render simple geometry, see attached image
best regards
Victor

2017-03-31, 01:32:55
Reply #27

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I need the full log and make sure the render directory is set

2017-03-31, 01:38:10
Reply #28

novena

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • my online portfolio
I need the full log and make sure the render directory is set

Hey Glen, how can I make sure the render directory is set?
best
Victor

2017-03-31, 02:04:46
Reply #29

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Same place you set export hair
« Last Edit: 2017-03-31, 02:10:17 by blanchg »