Author Topic: "Multipass" Material Rendering  (Read 4667 times)

2018-01-24, 13:55:51

atin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It would be nice if you could change the Material Color or the Specular after the rendering, like a "multilight" but with material, even if its just the color (;
This could be for example: The final object render color is green, but you can switch to the second color direcly which is blue, or layer them and you have turquoise..... just an idea

2018-01-24, 14:54:35
Reply #1

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2018-01-24, 14:57:03
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
There are some applications which do it, but it's very complicated, for example - what should happen with the GI, reflections, refractions of that object?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-01-24, 15:46:52
Reply #3

atin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
... I did not thought about it deep enough.. it was just an idea... yes, sounds really comlicated. i just  thought about from the Light-Multipass render point - with lights - and there it changes everything, too, doesn't it?

2018-01-24, 17:28:03
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Yes, I think it is technically possible to do with other objects, but probably much harder than with lights.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-01-30, 10:40:33
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yep, this is going into the territory of full relighting, which is quite different story. We have no plans to do this in the immediate future
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-01-30, 10:43:21
Reply #6

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Damn, i would give my pants for such feature...
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-01-30, 14:42:28
Reply #7

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There are some applications which do it, but it's very complicated, for example - what should happen with the GI, reflections, refractions of that object?

for example: motiva colimo
Colimo uses 2D images to be independent of the render engine. But you need a special pass with Vray, Mental Ray or Modo so is required to be available on your system (included in 3dsMax, Maya and Softimage). You can also do it via Thea Render and therefore compatible with Sketchup, Blender and Cinema4D.
Colimo only needs a few render passes of our shader in Vray, Modo or Mental Ray, or any render coming from Thea Render.

So if anyone interested has the time to analyze the workflow in detail & contact Motiva for what else extra would it take...
Since Chaos Groups V-Ray already has the flow established.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-30, 14:49:05 by burnin »

2018-01-31, 11:40:18
Reply #8

motiva

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You said Candyman x3.

I spoke with Ondra some time ago about this but unfortunatly we need to built some special passes, I get a preview API of Corona but I'm not sure if this is enough, V-Ray was made using their native OSL (Open Shading Language) support.

2018-01-31, 13:39:30
Reply #9

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
SHIT THE BED! That changing texture feature is amazing.

2018-01-31, 14:11:01
Reply #10

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You said Candyman x3.

I spoke with Ondra some time ago about this but unfortunatly we need to built some special passes, I get a preview API of Corona but I'm not sure if this is enough, V-Ray was made using their native OSL (Open Shading Language) support.
:) Hi & thanks for dropping by, sharing the info.

OSL is needed? Sadly then, as it looks like a no go till further notice: "... lets close this until corona goes VFX way." (2016-01-31, 23:54:14)
Also, there's no mentioning of OSL support on the road map.

Strange feeling fills me up - detouring from Archviz to VFX road...
Only thing left then is hoping that API will do...

Accept my sacrifice, Candyman. :)

« Last Edit: 2018-01-31, 14:16:31 by burnin »

2018-01-31, 18:11:14
Reply #11

motiva

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We are a super small company so we need to prioritize our time, last year I spent lots of time on Datasmith (the plugin that was acquired by Epic), and also Anima (the crowd system) takes a huge part of my time so I need to invest on the tasks that will have better acceptance in the community. Do you think that this will be a nice addon for Corona?

Btw I have Colimo V2 almost ready since a year ago! but as I said I have more ideas than time.

2018-01-31, 18:34:33
Reply #12

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Motiva. I for one think it would be a very very nice add on to Corona, and can't imagine I'm alone :)

2018-01-31, 20:08:28
Reply #13

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I think that would be comparable, if not better, than lightmix is. People love that feature! I'm sure they would love Colimo too. I would :]
You could start a poll on the forum to see how much interest in your product there is among visitors.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-02-03, 00:53:35
Reply #14

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Agreed, This would speed up workflows so much! Im just imagining how much time i could save on signage, wall colours and powdercoat variants with it!