Author Topic: Blender To Corona bugs  (Read 103461 times)

2014-03-05, 20:51:43

ohsnapitsjoel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please post bugs you encounter to the issue tracker on bitbucket:  https://bitbucket.org/ohsnapitsjoel/render_corona/issues

It'll be hard to keep up with them here. 

2014-03-06, 09:15:23
Reply #1

EmNem

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Joel!

I found some:

- Smoothing doesn't apply at all (1.7.6)
- Bump strength is not identical to Blender Internal bump strength (maybe with dedicated normal maps it works properly, I haven't tried it yet, because I think it should work with 'classic' bump mapping)
- Error messages are not too informative. They should tell what the problems is exactly (the name of the mesh/texture, etc.). Several times I just see that render is halted; I check the console, but it doesn't really help. Sometimes I have to realize that something has changed, but I have no idea what. So I have to start over.
- Memory management: with 8 GB of RAM I have to feel that it is not enough, while I rendered 50-60 times bigger scenes with the 4 GB of it using Vray (no flame, just information).
Sometimes I have the feeling that restarting Blender speeds up rendering and helps in memory usage.

2014-03-06, 16:54:08
Reply #2

ohsnapitsjoel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm not sure what you mean by smoothing doesn't apply at all.  Can you post a screenshot of the problem?

I'll work on more informative error messages.  :)  What, in particular, are you needing more information about?  Which meshes are breaking rendering, or materials, or something else?

Bump strength from BI isn't taken into account at all.  There is a new normal map strength parameter in the newest release of Corona Standalone, but I dont have the syntax for it yet, so I can't implement it at the moment.  By the way, only normal mapping is supported for the time being, bump may be supported later on. 

In terms of memory management, are you referring to the way Corona handles huge scenes when it launches? 

2014-03-11, 09:25:27
Reply #3

EmNem

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello!

Smoohing problem:

The same mesh renders in BI with correct smoothing and in Corona without any smoothing. I will try to reproduce.

Error messages:

What brokes rendering (which mesh, which material/texture, lack of RAM, etc.). Now it is a slow process to find the source of the problem.

Bump maps:

- I see, then we wait.

Memory management:

Yes, but not just when it launches; it uses all my memory during the render and sometimes gives me error windows (not enough memory). In VRay it could be set how much memory the renderer could access (I think the default is about half gig) and operates well.

THX

2014-03-11, 20:15:55
Reply #4

ohsnapitsjoel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've added some error messages about unsupported textures, a nonexistent scene "world", and a few other things.  Unsupported textures are simply skipped now, with an error message in the console to let you know that it's unsupported and is being skipped. 

The meshes that break rendering are usually reported by the Corona application itself, in the console.  I've disabled the writing of edges to .obj files, since loose edges break rendering.  I don't know if I've uploaded that change yet.  At the moment, I cant even seem to get any geometry to break rendering at the moment.  So maybe the new changes will at least help you in that regard :)

Occasionally I'll get an error about a mesh/material pairing, if I assign a material to a mesh, export the mesh, then change the material and try to render again without re-exporting the mesh.  It gives a "Missing material" error.  One way to fix this is to simply write EVERY material in the scene to the .mtl file, instead of only the ones that are being used by renderable objects.  I'll go ahead and do that, so that it doesn't break rendering.  The mesh will still need to be re-exported with the new material to give the expected results, though.

2014-03-16, 15:46:07
Reply #5

EmNem

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Joel, cool. Instead of automatic skipping may I suggest a pop-up with the error, a checkbox (do not display it again in this workflow) and a 'Continue rendering' button? Big THX.

2017-04-28, 10:16:21
Reply #6

Asticles

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

Just testing corona and seen a couple of things:

Hdr environment is not working, I get an error:

Code: [Select]
ERROR: Fatal error in mtl-XML file: 'Scene.scn': Texture with file name: 'C:/Users/pc5/Desktop/Work/Corona/Textures/partial_eclipse_1k.hdr' not found/not accesible
Have tried relative and absolute path, packed and unpacked the image and with other hdr files.

Also, the array of elements is not displayed properly, only went well when they not share mesh (one different mesh per array).

Best regards!

2017-04-28, 12:28:44
Reply #7

Asticles

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi another time :p

Render region is rendeing well in the buffer, but it is not returned to blender correctly, ti seems to be an offset.

Regards!

2017-04-28, 14:17:18
Reply #8

Asticles

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Mix shader node does work when mixing, but with multiply and the others, Amount is ignored. I'm using it with textures (is it correct using with them?).

Thanks.

2017-04-28, 16:03:10
Reply #9

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please, for every problem you stumble upon, describe steps to reproduce, your OS, HW and SW specs. Also Images & scene files are most welcome.

ie.
Blender 2.78c, CoronaSA 1.6 (jan2017), corona exporter v. 5.3.0
w7 x64 pro,

- IBL/HDR lighting works here
- multiple Arrays work
- render border works as you described: result gets offset on the import*

*/// temporal solutions:
  • save from Corona's VFB
  • find the result in your Export Path location
  • render again without border/region: previous result (from Export Path) will get temporarily imported, save before closing Corona's VFB
eg
« Last Edit: 2017-04-28, 16:08:26 by burnin »

2017-04-28, 16:19:04
Reply #10

Asticles

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Lets see. For the array problem I attach the result and the blend file.

Only you have to make an array of an instance (alt+d) and change the values of the array modifier in one of the two objects.

Regards

2017-04-28, 16:24:09
Reply #11

Asticles

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In the case of the HDRI, I create a new scene, set an environment texture, the output, save the scene and when hitting f12 I get the error.

Thanks

2017-04-28, 21:24:59
Reply #12

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey,
Thanks for the file.
I see what you mean now.

Modifiers used with object A get applied to an original mesh which is then used for an instance with object B, on which modifiers do not work (are not applied/exported).

About hdr texture error, did you check for permissions or any blockers, move to another location, strange characters...?
Can't reproduce here.

2017-04-28, 23:21:34
Reply #13

Asticles

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, I've tested all of this. Also changing the hdr name, the scene location, the hdr location...

2017-04-29, 08:03:06
Reply #14

miko

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I am new to testing out Corona renderer in blender, and looks really good with a ease of setting up a scene, materials, and rendering works great.

BUT I have one problem i can not seem to find a solution for:

My material preview is not working. I have tried everything that i could think of, also can not find anything online. Looks like it is not writing a prev image and that is a reason for getting a error and stopping prev? Tried older versions, and same error.
Temp directory in blender prefs is a default one. Tried changing that...

Im using latest blender exporter 5.3.0
And latest standalone renderer from the link :
https://bitbucket.org/coronablender/render_corona

Blender ver. 2.78c

Image of error attached.

2017-04-29, 10:30:56
Reply #15

Asticles

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

Tested the Hdr issue on another computer with the same result.

Different OS also.

Edit: Have found something: The path must not have spaces. Miko, maybe your problem is the same, set the temp folder to be on a path without spaces, because your user name has.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-29, 10:39:58 by Asticles »

2017-04-29, 11:52:19
Reply #16

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Blender exporter for Corona
Hi,

Mix shader node does work when mixing, but with multiply and the others, Amount is ignored. I'm using it with textures (is it correct using with them?).

Thanks.

See the following for documentation on the nodes.

https://corona-renderer.com/wiki/standalone/mtl-maps
and
https://corona-renderer.com/wiki/standalone/mtl

You will see that the amount is only used for the mix node,  Inputs can be textures or any other map but not materials.

2017-04-29, 11:57:36
Reply #17

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I am new to testing out Corona renderer in blender, and looks really good with a ease of setting up a scene, materials, and rendering works great.

BUT I have one problem i can not seem to find a solution for:

My material preview is not working. I have tried everything that i could think of, also can not find anything online. Looks like it is not writing a prev image and that is a reason for getting a error and stopping prev? Tried older versions, and same error.
Temp directory in blender prefs is a default one. Tried changing that...

Im using latest blender exporter 5.3.0
And latest standalone renderer from the link :
https://bitbucket.org/coronablender/render_corona

Blender ver. 2.78c

Image of error attached.

Can you send the entire log please?  Usually now if the material preview isn't working it is because of a material setting that isn't correct.  Doing a render will sometimes show the actual problem.

2017-04-29, 12:00:47
Reply #18

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

Different OS also.

Edit: Have found something: The path must not have spaces. Miko, maybe your problem is the same, set the temp folder to be on a path without spaces, because your user name has.
Spaces shouldn't be causing problems, I will have another look, it may be that the HDR path isn't quoted properly by me.

2017-04-29, 12:02:21
Reply #19

Asticles

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thanks.

See the following for documentation on the nodes.

https://corona-renderer.com/wiki/standalone/mtl-maps
and
https://corona-renderer.com/wiki/standalone/mtl

You will see that the amount is only used for the mix node,  Inputs can be textures or any other map but not materials.

Can amount dissapear when other than mix is selected? Just for new user's clarification.
Or some text saying that...

2017-04-29, 12:07:45
Reply #20

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I will add it to the list thanks

2017-04-29, 13:09:40
Reply #21

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

Different OS also.

I just ran quite a few tests and the spaces aren't a problem here.  Are there any other special characters in the paths you are using maybe that aren't being handled?
Spaces shouldn't be causing problems, I will have another look, it may be that the HDR path isn't quoted properly by me.

2017-04-29, 13:20:35
Reply #22

Asticles

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

Different OS also.

I just ran quite a few tests and the spaces aren't a problem here.  Are there any other special characters in the paths you are using maybe that aren't being handled?

I'm so sorry, I've found the problem. The hdr file was corrupted, or the format was not correct. Keep investigating.

Edit: Yes, it was the file. Opened and resaved it with luminance and problem solved.
I thought it was spaces because tested with another hdr file in a path without them and worked. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-29, 13:36:25 by Asticles »

2017-04-29, 15:50:10
Reply #23

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yup, this is happening also with many haven's HDRIs...

« Last Edit: 2017-04-29, 20:49:04 by burnin »

2017-06-21, 14:40:17
Reply #24

Sanekum

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Find some bug with geometry export.

Got export error when using group instanced geometry from another scene in same .blend, render works when I select the "geometry_scene"  push Export Objects button or Render, then back to "main_scene" and after that geometry become visible in render.
If I made some changes in geometry_scene I had to go there and re-export objects before render, it's not big problem with one scene, but some times I use a lot of them in my work .blends

I guess it's easier to attach blend example.

2017-06-26, 00:33:38
Reply #25

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Find some bug with geometry export.

Got export error when using group instanced geometry from another scene in same .blend, render works when I select the "geometry_scene"  push Export Objects button or Render, then back to "main_scene" and after that geometry become visible in render.
If I made some changes in geometry_scene I had to go there and re-export objects before render, it's not big problem with one scene, but some times I use a lot of them in my work .blends

I guess it's easier to attach blend example.

Thanks for the example, I will add it to the list of todo items :)

2017-06-27, 08:10:55
Reply #26

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
v7.1.1 fixes this too by exporting referenced objects if they are in a different scene but same .blend file.

2017-07-05, 12:26:55
Reply #27

Asticles

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I'm having this annoying bug...

Regards

2017-07-05, 12:31:51
Reply #28

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What versions are you using do you have a .blend you can share or something that is causing the error?

2017-07-06, 09:29:22
Reply #29

Asticles

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm sorry I can't.
Version is 7.1.5

Only wanted to know if this is a known issue.

Thanks

2017-07-06, 09:34:01
Reply #30

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No it isn't I very rarely see it and usually if I try to do something blender doesn't support 😀

2017-07-07, 10:39:56
Reply #31

Sanekum

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Found strange bug with Orthogpraphic Camera, looks like width scale doesn't work properly, and moving camera in X and Y axys affects got strange affect on render, moves are inverted in axes

Blend file for example

2017-07-07, 15:44:34
Reply #32

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Exploring the issue:
Corona's Camera Scale value seems incorrect, but is just different: e.g if Cycles Ortho Scale is is 10 then Corona's Scale is 5 - Views don't match yet resulting renders do?! Values are inter-connected but don't work correctly for the viewport (Corona VS Cycles Scale = 1 : 2). 

Shifting Corona's Ortho Camera on X or Y has no influence/effect. Does nothing. Resulting image stays same as without Shift.
On Perspective Camera is OK.

IIRC there were issues with Corona's Ortho camera in the past. Am not sure.

PS
An alternative to bypass this is to use Perspective Camera in extreme Telephoto mode.

Set it further away (cc200m) then set extra high Focal Length (80,000,000.0 mm) and Sensor Width (8,000,000.0)

Note: there's still minutely visible perspective, to correct more go even further away and set Focal Length accordingly.
Also note that at some point precision will become a problem and will create other erroneous results.

eg. Perspective Camera (as described above)

« Last Edit: 2017-07-07, 15:47:56 by burnin »

2017-07-08, 00:11:21
Reply #33

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the info will take a look, I know I had to do some work on the camera shift a while ago maybe it didn't get applied to the ortho camera.

2017-07-08, 11:48:34
Reply #34

Asticles

• Active Users
    • View Profile
And to the render region :P

2017-07-10, 22:06:52
Reply #35

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
v7.4.2 adds the camera shift to ortho camera and fixes the ortho width scale.

2017-07-11, 21:39:48
Reply #36

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Tested & it works as expected.

Thank you!
:)

2017-07-25, 08:09:22
Reply #37

Asticles

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona 7.4.4 is not working.
7.4.3 is working fine, but when I switch to 7.4.4 I get this error:

Corona: Rendering scene file Scene.scn...
Corona: Launching Corona Renderer...
Corona: Output image exists...
License info:
Demo license active.
Activated until: 2017-08-04

ERROR: ERROR in XML mtl lib file: Missing mandatory child element(s) 'weight': required at least 1 element, but only 0 are present
File name: Scene.mtl
XML tree path:
<mtlLib>
   <materialDefinition name="Corona_Layered_Material_618489031256_1500962910">[10]
      <material class="Layered">
         <layer>

Thanks

2017-07-25, 08:53:42
Reply #38

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks I have a fix but no internet access to do a new release. Probably 13 hours time to next release

2017-07-25, 09:52:54
Reply #39

Asticles

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For me don't worry, I have revert without troubles. Thanks to the revert option.

2017-08-16, 17:44:17
Reply #40

Zorian

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm not sure where is the problem but with new exporter i've got problems with hair rendering. I've made grass using participles on plane with grass objects and after exporting nothing happening. In blender console is written:

"Corona: Rendering scene file Scene.scn...
Corona: Launching Corona Renderer...
License info:
Demo license active.
Activated until: 2017-08-25"

and nothing happening. When i render layers except participle setting it works fine.

2017-08-17, 12:49:06
Reply #41

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
;)
provide your faulty scene file for investigations
or as much info about the scene as possible

works here (win7x64, blender 2.78c, exporter 7.4.13)

eg.
hair Path (Strands Thick)

hair Object

The only thing i can consider bugged is that Emitter is not rendered when Object is used (can be observed in images above).

2017-08-17, 21:38:40
Reply #42

Zorian

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When i moved everything into another blend file it works fine. I'm not sure why.

I've got another problem with denosier - when I'm using Lightmix it's not working at all.

2017-08-17, 21:51:01
Reply #43

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes that is a known issue with 1.6.  Glad your hair is working.

2017-09-21, 10:48:27
Reply #44

Zorian

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I found another problem - with linked objects/groups/etc.

After last project made in Blender (10gb of data ) I decided to use linked objects with future projects. I've made few tests and so long I didn't save my file (where linked objects were atatched in), it works fine. When i save it and open again,it  is not working anymore. It's weird, because when i start new file and link there whole scene from saved file is working well.

Saved scene render:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9FLN4J4klqFeDFmU1ZkM2x0bHc

new unsaved blend file with linked scene from saved file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9FLN4J4klqFVzBrbm9HeThDbXM
« Last Edit: 2017-09-21, 10:57:33 by Zorian »

2017-09-22, 06:32:16
Reply #45

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks, do you have a small example?  I can't reproduce it here.

2017-09-22, 09:13:18
Reply #46

Zorian

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've tried to recrate it on my stationary computer and it works fine. weird. Currently I've got another problem - Linked objects with textured materials having missing textures (I've tried Nodes materials and applied textures in material window. In both options it wasn't working)

Edit:

Anyway I found a solution, after checking Scene.conf I saw that Corona Standalone is trying to use textures for linked object from the directory where the scene is saved. So i created the folder (in this case "textures_savin_juniper") and copied there textures for linked objects.

I also see that exporter is working well with demo version for 3dsmax. I'm not sure what is the difference with version 1.6 and 1.6.3 but it seems to work little bit faster.

I hope that developing of exporter is not suspended. Some time ago I've tried to bring some another blender users to Corona, and according to google analytics, my scene was downladed almost 100 times.
« Last Edit: 2017-09-22, 16:56:46 by Zorian »

2017-09-26, 13:53:02
Reply #47

Zorian

• Active Users
    • View Profile
After updating to 7.5.2. linking objects are not working anymore.

log:

Error: Something went wrong, unable to write .scn file. Check directory permissions of export directory.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\coronablender-render_corona-27583caece46\engine.py", line 497, in render
    render_start( self, scene)
  File "C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\coronablender-render_corona-27583caece46\engine.py", line 174, in render_start
    render_scene( engine, scene)
  File "C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\coronablender-render_corona-27583caece46\engine.py", line 329, in render_scene
    bpy.ops.corona.export_scene()
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 189, in __call__
    ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
RuntimeError: Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\coronablender-render_corona-27583caece46\outputs.py", line 1118, in write_scn
    saveLightmixGroup(ob, lightmixGroups, scene)
  File "C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\coronablender-render_corona-27583caece46\outputs.py", line 763, in saveLightmixGroup
    materials = get_instance_materials(obj, scn.corona)
  File "C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\coronablender-render_corona-27583caece46\util.py", line 732, in get_instance_materials
    if crn_scn.material_override and not ob.corona.override_exclude:
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'corona'

Error: Something went wrong, unable to write .scn file. Check directory permissions of export directory.

2017-09-28, 18:48:45
Reply #48

janmorek

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,
Win7, exporter version 7.5.2, Blender 2.78 c
I found problem with linked object - I was working on tree, everything went great, but when I try to link it to the new scene appeared this error (attachment - scene with linked object)
I returned into the main file with tree, try to render and everything went ok, then I went back into the file where is tree linked and again this error.
I tried to change the material, but still this problem  (attachment 2 - material)

Can you help me, please?

2018-05-05, 14:48:28
Reply #49

Dex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I am using win 10. Blender 2.79b.
Could you tell me if the ies are working when assigned to the material?
Please forgive me if I have not set it correctly. I am just finding my feet.
====RENDER ABORTED====
Parsing scene took 0.366 seconds
ERROR: ERROR in XML mtl lib file: Invalid IES file: Cannot open/read/write file 'C:/Users/PC_Thread/Desktop/corona/C:/Users/PC_/Corona_IES.ies'
File name: Scene.mtl
XML tree path:
<mtlLib>
   <materialDefinition name="Light">[2]
      <material class="Native">
         <emission>
            <ies>
               <file>

2018-05-05, 21:19:50
Reply #50

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, same here. I assume issue lies with CoronSA, since it can't open/read/write even textures (jpg, png...) and HDRIs

older version (1.6) works fine

2018-10-04, 11:33:09
Reply #51

Sanekum

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, same here. I assume issue lies with CoronSA, since it can't open/read/write even textures (jpg, png...) and HDRIs

older version (1.6) works fine

Strange but tried to install Corona for Cinema 4D realese candidate, on first try textures works finе, material preview works as it should. After reloading Blender it were broke again, console say it some permission error, running as admin doesn't help

2018-10-04, 11:36:06
Reply #52

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I got textures to work but material preview with textures never did. Pre 1.6 was fine, unfortunately the fix with rendering can't be applied to the preview.

2018-10-04, 12:02:17
Reply #53

Sanekum

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I got textures to work but material preview with textures never did. Pre 1.6 was fine, unfortunately the fix with rendering can't be applied to the preview.

My first thought was that in Corona 3 this bug with previews was solved, I've made two materials in the new file, both with textures, material preview works perfect, I saved the file, open old one, preview were broken, then I opened previous file were preview was working but is was broke too. Don't know how to reproduce it

2018-11-07, 09:38:34
Reply #54

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh my, i like challenges... :) so...

Since material preview with textures works fine on old 1.6 Standalone (daily from 2017-01-17).

Then, from v1.7 on & with latest v3 Standalone versions, shipped with 3DS Max or C4D plugins, this feature was supposedly not working, but after testing a bit further i found it works - a lot slower, sluggish & constantly showing/creating new Viewport node.

So my question is: What could be the problem with this? Could any of the developers chime in, give a tip on how to investigate the issue further?

Next, i was thinking about Interactive Rendering... 

Is it possible to start & run Standalone's Frame Buffer in IR mode from Blender (since there's a working 'Start IR' button), buffer could be kept awake, listening and updating as it gets served with 'Only Modified' scene data from Blender - it would then be possible to achieve sorta quasi - "Interactive Renderer", in a same/similar way that Pixar's Renderman IT provides it (v21.x).

But for now, if IR is running & another render is run, a new Corona window opens and starts with standard rendering, then both iterations are running at the same time :) (w/o problems - no glitching, no crashing...)

Only error appears, when standard rendering is running and another one is started:

& BTW
>>> Blender's Python API Wiki...
Reference/Release Notes/2.80/Python API/Addons
« Last Edit: 2018-11-07, 09:43:05 by burnin »

2018-11-07, 09:46:02
Reply #55

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So Corona 3 standalone for windows from C4D works with texture previews! Yippee.

I only have the mac version which is still broken.

I will investigate the viewport node delete/create issue.

Is there any doco or usage on how to start Standalone in IR?

2018-11-07, 11:11:52
Reply #56

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So Corona 3 standalone for windows from C4D works with texture previews! Yippee.

I only have the mac version which is still broken.

I will investigate the viewport node delete/create issue.

Is there any doco or usage on how to start Standalone in IR?
:D

Well, it sorta works... kind alike how Frankenstein comes to life - it needs a 'shock'!

First, 1.6 version must be installed, activated & run to show the preview, after it can be switched to use Corona 3 (redirect the addon to v3 path). It's the only way i get it to work.
Otherwise, on fresh Blender run (without doing this step) Corona crashes & a message box appears

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    Corona.exe
  Application Version:    0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    5bd9aed3
  Fault Module Name:    Corona_Release.dll
  Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    5bd9ad01
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    00000000002e6056
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    2057
  Additional Information 1:    5eb7
  Additional Information 2:    5eb7ec72d4f4b16c928e7be6549f4e3d
  Additional Information 3:    76b9
  Additional Information 4:    76b9146a00dd93ba5b0cd6e6a122256f

also, an error shows in the console:

Then, after switching to 1.6...

... it finally continues to work "stable" that way... and i'm left clueless as what the culprit could be...
Same goes for starting standalone in IR mode. Took a quick look at '-confHelp' list, but nothing seemed to insinuate the availability of such function.

Doctors, can we get some help here, please?

2018-11-07, 11:38:06
Reply #57

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah ok that's why, I run the preview once 1.6 which works and changing the path doesn't restart the preview renderer so it continues as 1.6

2018-11-07, 12:29:20
Reply #58

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah, so this feature has been removed from SA?
IIRC, i read someone around here was mentioning the removal of some features in standalone...
Would really love to hear main dev's POV on this, to be clear once and for all with SA features "on VS off". Especially since Linux version was mentioned working and 2.8 is at the doors.

2018-11-07, 13:19:55
Reply #59

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't think it has been removed, seems like a small error that should be easily fixed, it is still documented in the command line SA

2019-01-04, 09:11:16
Reply #60

letsoc79

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys!
Did anyone had this issue before?

REPORT: unchanged: 0, Prim: 393, Inst: 0, Mtl: 0, Env: 1
Core::renderFrame before onFrame
Parsing scene took 29.272 seconds
Calculating displacement
Preparing geometry took 0 seconds
Preparing geometry
rtcCommit: 586ms
EMBREE: Created 3 elements, memory usage: 250 M bytes.
Core::renderFrame after onFrame
CoronaCore::renderFrame before unique materials enum
CoronaCore::renderFrame after unique materials enum
CoronaCore::renderFrame after unique materials update
Preparing geometry took 1.027 seconds
Preparing lights
CoronaCore:RenderFrame: after directLight
Preparing lights took 0.002 seconds
Computing sec. GI

After this message the render stops sudenly.
Can anyoane help me with this?

2019-01-04, 18:28:27
Reply #61

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Haven't had such an issue here... yet.

Would it be possible for you to share the scene file
or, if under NDA, make an example file
or describe the steps to reproduce the issue?

2019-01-04, 21:01:08
Reply #62

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Current status: we tried rewriting the parser so it is much more memory friendly. It did not end well (it worked but the code was too complex and unmaintainable). We will try different approach, which will include some changes to the format (making it at least partially backwards incompatible). Basically we need to simplify the format to make it easier to parse in our code. There is also big rewrite of the standalone application, to get some interactivity features. It will take lot of time, but the result will be worth it ;).
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2019-01-08, 11:03:27
Reply #63

Zorian

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys!
Did anyone had this issue before?

REPORT: unchanged: 0, Prim: 393, Inst: 0, Mtl: 0, Env: 1
Core::renderFrame before onFrame
Parsing scene took 29.272 seconds
Calculating displacement
Preparing geometry took 0 seconds
Preparing geometry
rtcCommit: 586ms
EMBREE: Created 3 elements, memory usage: 250 M bytes.
Core::renderFrame after onFrame
CoronaCore::renderFrame before unique materials enum
CoronaCore::renderFrame after unique materials enum
CoronaCore::renderFrame after unique materials update
Preparing geometry took 1.027 seconds
Preparing lights
CoronaCore:RenderFrame: after directLight
Preparing lights took 0.002 seconds
Computing sec. GI

After this message the render stops sudenly.
Can anyoane help me with this?

from my point of view some of the textures is missing. Eventualy linked material shares the same texture as normal material.

Current status: we tried rewriting the parser so it is much more memory friendly. It did not end well (it worked but the code was too complex and unmaintainable). We will try different approach, which will include some changes to the format (making it at least partially backwards incompatible). Basically we need to simplify the format to make it easier to parse in our code. There is also big rewrite of the standalone application, to get some interactivity features. It will take lot of time, but the result will be worth it ;).

Great to read this, but as long there will be no demo version of Standalone for Blender users there will be not people who would like to try it for themselfs. I think that for example Charles from Imeshh makes a great work to popularize Corona for Blender users. Does any other application uses Corona Standalone for rendering? I'm dreaming about Corona RT for Blender.
« Last Edit: 2019-01-08, 11:23:55 by Zorian »

2019-08-05, 20:40:38
Reply #64

Pol

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello.
Can you help?
Set the corona 1.6.3 on blender 2.79
I try the addon version 8.0.35 and 8.0.49
Blender sees the corona. The countdown of the demo version began
When I click on the render, the calculation begins and ends in a second. No messages or errors are reported.

2019-08-06, 13:00:37
Reply #65

Sanekum

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello.
Can you help?
Set the corona 1.6.3 on blender 2.79
I try the addon version 8.0.35 and 8.0.49
Blender sees the corona. The countdown of the demo version began
When I click on the render, the calculation begins and ends in a second. No messages or errors are reported.

Does Crorona 3 works?
Whats written in console?
It is a new file or not?

2019-08-13, 06:41:36
Reply #66

Pol

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have already worked with version 1.6.3. Now on the other computer install. Material is customizable. The preview window works. Press render, the process starts and stops after a second. No errors, no messages, nothing gives. I don't know what the reason is.
I already and the old, and a new file opened. Changed the version of the addon. It remains only to try another corona

2019-08-13, 07:40:52
Reply #67

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Are you using windows or Mac? Can you see the console output?

2019-08-16, 00:40:21
Reply #68

K34

• Users
    • View Profile
I have already worked with version 1.6.3. Now on the other computer install. Material is customizable. The preview window works. Press render, the process starts and stops after a second. No errors, no messages, nothing gives. I don't know what the reason is.
I already and the old, and a new file opened. Changed the version of the addon. It remains only to try another corona
Exactly the same thing here...Windows 10 / Ryzen 1700+ / 32go of ram

2019-08-16, 00:43:38
Reply #69

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you can send the console output from blender that may help diagnose what the issue is.

2019-09-02, 16:06:36
Reply #70

Pol

• Active Users
    • View Profile
what do you mean by console output?

2019-09-02, 17:22:16
Reply #71

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Info Editor: Menu > Window > Toggle System Console

Or slide down the Info Editor Header, then you'll see the error text, usually color marked...
« Last Edit: 2019-09-02, 17:28:57 by burnin »

2019-09-03, 18:19:47
Reply #72

Pol

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Done

2019-09-03, 21:07:25
Reply #73

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That error means the corona executable couldn't be found or it doesn't have permissions .

Looks like you aren't running the latest version either? 8.0.49 I believe is the latest which might help you with this.

2019-09-05, 10:38:51
Reply #74

Pol

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks. I'll try
« Last Edit: 2019-09-05, 10:47:50 by Pol »

2019-09-05, 17:38:37
Reply #75

Pol

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No. Doesn't work

2019-09-05, 18:30:26
Reply #76

Sanekum

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No. Doesn't work

In Corona Path find .exe file, not just folder path

2019-09-11, 16:45:31
Reply #77

Pol

• Active Users
    • View Profile
OOOO! Thank's. It works
« Last Edit: 2019-09-11, 16:49:50 by Pol »

2019-09-20, 00:31:34
Reply #78

Graggy

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello, I would like to ask some questions. Tell me please, do I understand correctly that if I render a scene in which there is grass. Lots of grass. Using a system of particles, will I be forced to wait a fairly long period of time and there is no way to overcome this? The same goes for fur and hair. Maybe I understand something wrong, but maybe it is and you confirm my guesses. Also, Ronen Beckerman’s blog at the end of the article on Corona and Blender has such words, I will quote "Scattering grass in blender & corona using the native particle system exporting as corona scatter. Pretty wicked, huh?"
There you can see a beautiful field of greenery and it does not look like it was unloaded for hours, because otherwise there would be no such comment. Maybe I'm using the wrong grass? Perhaps it is necessary to use as grass not individual blades of grass, but bunches of grass, thus reducing the number of copies needed? If everything is just one way to use grass and fur, which takes an extremely long time, then there is no hope that it can be somehow fixed either, because if it were possible, would you already have done it?
I also notice various minor errors in the workflow, maybe they can be fixed? I will list them a bit later, and now I’ll give an example: if I copy the color ramp node and change the copy, the original one will also change, the same applies to textures (it rarely happens that does not happen), that by copying the node and replacing the texture in it she will be replaced in the one that was first. Also, I don’t know, honestly, as it is now, but before, if I used one texture for the color and the same one, from the same node, but on the roughness, it was not applied on the roughness, so I have to make a copy of it and apply it separately on the roughness. Also, if we use a bump map on a bump, then it is displayed in the preview, and if you set the map to normal, the node will stop displaying if you use the bump output, but it will be applied on the render. I said above that in the future I will list them, but I kind of remembered the main problems))
I apologize in advance for possibly crooked text
It’s also possible that I’m writing not there, but I thought that how to create another topic, I can ask here

2019-09-20, 00:37:42
Reply #79

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Graggy,

Particles have to be written out to disk and then read back by Corona, hair/grass etc all have to be exported as a mesh.  Creating a "bunch" of grass then replicating that would speed it up dramatically as the bunch gets written out as a mesh then a new instance of that same mesh is used.  I am hoping once the changes for blender 2.80 and their upgrade to python 3.6+ will improve speed by 10-20% but not the 10x speedup you would actually notice :)

If you can raise separate issues in bitbucket with example .blend files or screenshots for each of the issues below it would help track them through to being done.  Thanks

2019-09-20, 00:42:59
Reply #80

Graggy

• Users
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot for the quick answer. But so sad. )) After all, roughly speaking, grass and fur, in my opinion, are almost the main / only thing that is missing and it is noticeable. Thanks for your work)
I will throw off a file with marked problems.

2019-09-20, 07:06:33
Reply #81

Sanekum

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot for the quick answer. But so sad. )) After all, roughly speaking, grass and fur, in my opinion, are almost the main / only thing that is missing and it is noticeable. Thanks for your work)
I will throw off a file with marked problems.

I use proxy patches for grass, it's good for large flat surfaces, but bad for curvy landscapes