Author Topic: Personal project - Apartment  (Read 23543 times)

2014-05-01, 17:06:18

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello!

This is my latest personal project, just for fun.

Trying to improve on materials and overall realism.

C&C are welcome :)

/Danne

2014-05-01, 17:38:19
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Congratulations, they really do look like photos!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-05-01, 18:01:02
Reply #2

ivanziva

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Tesseract Architecture
Beautiful renderings, and design as well.  congratulations!
If I am supposed to give any comment, it would be related to the background only.  it seems maybe, just a little bit overexposed? But, even though, they look very charming

regards

2014-05-01, 19:36:21
Reply #3

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Congratulations, they really do look like photos!

Thank you very much! :)

Beautiful renderings, and design as well.  congratulations!
If I am supposed to give any comment, it would be related to the background only.  it seems maybe, just a little bit overexposed? But, even though, they look very charming

regards

Thank you very much! :) Yes, maybe, I usually expose everything like a real camera and don´t mind if somethings get overexposed :)

2014-05-01, 20:26:20
Reply #4

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello daniel.reutersward

Nice work.
There is no aberration of objects, for example the 04_1.jpg...a good perspective!

Regard
R

2014-05-01, 21:44:42
Reply #5

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello daniel.reutersward

Nice work.
There is no aberration of objects, for example the 04_1.jpg...a good perspective!

Regard
R

Thank you very much!

2014-05-01, 23:53:39
Reply #6

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Yep, they look really great! Good job :)

Plus the spaces also look quite warm...  i mean like someone could actually live in there without getting crazy :) I quite often see renders of spaces that look interesting and realistic, but a nightmare to live in :)

2014-05-02, 00:08:47
Reply #7

Cyanhide

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I'm loving the warm vibe. Really nice looking renders!

2014-05-02, 09:50:00
Reply #8

champmc08

• Users
    • View Profile

2014-05-02, 12:11:40
Reply #9

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yep, they look really great! Good job :)

Plus the spaces also look quite warm...  i mean like someone could actually live in there without getting crazy :) I quite often see renders of spaces that look interesting and realistic, but a nightmare to live in :)

Thank you very much! :) Good to hear that someone could live like this without getting crazy! I wanted to have enough stuff but not too much so it gets chaotic :)

I'm loving the warm vibe. Really nice looking renders!

Haha nice, don´t know what they are called, gif? And thank you! :)

you cool

Thanks!

2014-05-02, 21:43:47
Reply #10

londonvisuals

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Spectacular!
Materials look awesome.
Mind sharing some info about your workflow - lighting exp ? Is this HDRI or regular Corona sky/sun ?

2014-05-02, 22:39:56
Reply #11

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Spectacular!
Materials look awesome.
Mind sharing some info about your workflow - lighting exp ? Is this HDRI or regular Corona sky/sun ?

Thank you very much! :)
Sure! In this scene I used an HDR from CgSkies, really good HDRI´s there! If you have any other question just ask :)

2014-05-02, 23:55:18
Reply #12

londonvisuals

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok then, hope not to be too nosy ;)
Could You go more in depth into settings (more or less default - or something altered) ? I mean in the last couple of months many myths (dont know what is right and what is wrong) about settings emerged, would be awesome if someone getting good reults could clarify those things a bit :)
Any portals used ?
Are the glass panels in windows thin surfaces or thick geometry ?
Could You please show some more coplex materials setups (whichever You think are more complex) ?
And last thing - Your machine specs and render times per frame (no of passes would be great!)
Sorry if I'm too nosy, but those renders are simply eye-candy!

2014-05-03, 10:52:13
Reply #13

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok then, hope not to be too nosy ;)
Could You go more in depth into settings (more or less default - or something altered) ? I mean in the last couple of months many myths (dont know what is right and what is wrong) about settings emerged, would be awesome if someone getting good reults could clarify those things a bit :)
Any portals used ?
Are the glass panels in windows thin surfaces or thick geometry ?
Could You please show some more coplex materials setups (whichever You think are more complex) ?
And last thing - Your machine specs and render times per frame (no of passes would be great!)
Sorry if I'm too nosy, but those renders are simply eye-candy!

No problem :)
No portals were used (perhaps should have tried to see if the noise disappeared faster with some portals).
The glass panels in the windows are thick geometry (boxes).
The close up pictures were rendered on my home computer (Intel i7-3930K @ about 4Ghz) for about 1 hour each. Rest of the pictures were rendered on my work computer (2x Intel Xeon E5-2667 @3,3Ghz), one render per night so I´m not exactly sure when the render were finished.
Regarding settings I´m not actually sure what´s wrong or right, I don´t really care about render times and I´m only focused on quality and I´m kind of lazy regarding optimizing render settings.
I changed HDCache Record Quality to 1024, GI/AA Balance to 32 and Light Samples Multiplier to 8 (everything else on default), just to be sure that everything would be noise free. I did some test with default settings and my settings and the noise disappeared at the same amount based on time. But my settings might be too much or wrong! I think number of passes were somewhere between 100-200.
As for materials, I´m not sure if any of the materials are more complex than another. Is there any specific material you would like to know about?

2014-05-03, 11:26:26
Reply #14

gabrielefx

• Active Users
    • View Profile
beautiful!
too many books, no iPad?...:)