Author Topic: Personal project - Apartment  (Read 23618 times)

2014-05-06, 23:36:37
Reply #30

kurantransfer

• Active Users
  • great software
    • View Profile
Photos of a good design are always welcome...

2014-05-07, 10:25:37
Reply #31

MGDesignUK

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MG Design UK
These are great visuals and really capture a warm and welcoming room set. Can I ask what HDRI you used from CGSkys?

Many thanks :)
MG Design UK - 3D Visualisation Studio Based In Surrey

2014-05-07, 13:39:56
Reply #32

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Photos of a good design are always welcome...

Thank you!

These are great visuals and really capture a warm and welcoming room set. Can I ask what HDRI you used from CGSkys?

Many thanks :)

Thank you very much! Sure, I actually used a HDR from Cg-Source (might have written wrong before, sorry about that), but the sky I used is called "cloudy_sun44deg_0086-01".

2014-05-07, 13:48:41
Reply #33

MGDesignUK

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MG Design UK
Thanks for the update on the HDRI :) Did you build the room using a plan or just free-styled the whole design? Can you tell me a little bit more about rug material in the lounge please
MG Design UK - 3D Visualisation Studio Based In Surrey

2014-05-07, 15:10:21
Reply #34

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

Thank you very much! Sure, I actually used a HDR from Cg-Source (might have written wrong before, sorry about that), but the sky I used is called "cloudy_sun44deg_0086-01".

Heh, I wondered if it was typo....because CGSkies is like the...worst trash possible, while CG-Source is heavenly. In fact, no other should even be considered at all, if CG-Source was 10points, everything else would be 1-4 top, not more.
And I've tried every on the market, hundreds...
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-05-07, 15:41:42
Reply #35

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the update on the HDRI :) Did you build the room using a plan or just free-styled the whole design? Can you tell me a little bit more about rug material in the lounge please

I used a floorplan for an initial idea for the size of the rooms and the rest I just designed it like I wanted. Regarding the rug, I made the mesh with marvelous designer and the material is a bitmap and a color corrected version of that into the displacement slot.

Heh, I wondered if it was typo....because CGSkies is like the...worst trash possible, while CG-Source is heavenly. In fact, no other should even be considered at all, if CG-Source was 10points, everything else would be 1-4 top, not more.
And I've tried every on the market, hundreds...

I actually have had some great results using CgSkies so I´m a bit surprised! But yeah the results using HDRI´s from different sites can be pretty different in quality.

2014-05-08, 12:01:22
Reply #36

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
You were so good you got on the Evermotion frontpage twice :D

2014-05-08, 16:24:00
Reply #37

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You were so good you got on the Evermotion frontpage twice :D

Yeah I saw that too! haha :D I think it happened because I asked them to change my username!

2014-06-14, 20:37:42
Reply #38

sumeetgupta

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Daniel, Excellent renders! I am trying to switch my work flow to corona. I'd appreciate if you could throw some light about your scene setup-

1. Can you please explain a bit about your Exposure and color mapping settings(EV, Contrast, Highlight Compression and White Balance) ?
2. Secondly, the thing i am not able to understand in Corona is how does light intensity parameter work ? Suppose i need to brighten/darken the scene, do i need to play with Exposure and color mapping settings or with light intensity parameter values ?

Thanks!

2014-06-15, 15:06:49
Reply #39

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Daniel, Excellent renders! I am trying to switch my work flow to corona. I'd appreciate if you could throw some light about your scene setup-

1. Can you please explain a bit about your Exposure and color mapping settings(EV, Contrast, Highlight Compression and White Balance) ?
2. Secondly, the thing i am not able to understand in Corona is how does light intensity parameter work ? Suppose i need to brighten/darken the scene, do i need to play with Exposure and color mapping settings or with light intensity parameter values ?

Thanks!

Hello!
Thank you very much! I will try to answer your questions as good as possible.

1. For this project I used the "CoronaCameraMod" and adjusted the exposure like I would have adjusted a real camera. I raised the highlight compression to 3 to get rid of some blown out areas and left the white balance and the contrast at the default values.
2. I don´t really know if there is any difference if you raise the Exposure settings or raise the light intensity. I usually raise or lower the Exposure settings until I´m happy with the result and leave the light at the default settings (when using HDRI´s), when using artificial lights I change the lights intensity to match with the HDR.

/Daniel