Author Topic: Blender To Corona bugs  (Read 103440 times)

2017-04-29, 10:30:56
Reply #15

Asticles

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

Tested the Hdr issue on another computer with the same result.

Different OS also.

Edit: Have found something: The path must not have spaces. Miko, maybe your problem is the same, set the temp folder to be on a path without spaces, because your user name has.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-29, 10:39:58 by Asticles »

2017-04-29, 11:52:19
Reply #16

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Blender exporter for Corona
Hi,

Mix shader node does work when mixing, but with multiply and the others, Amount is ignored. I'm using it with textures (is it correct using with them?).

Thanks.

See the following for documentation on the nodes.

https://corona-renderer.com/wiki/standalone/mtl-maps
and
https://corona-renderer.com/wiki/standalone/mtl

You will see that the amount is only used for the mix node,  Inputs can be textures or any other map but not materials.

2017-04-29, 11:57:36
Reply #17

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I am new to testing out Corona renderer in blender, and looks really good with a ease of setting up a scene, materials, and rendering works great.

BUT I have one problem i can not seem to find a solution for:

My material preview is not working. I have tried everything that i could think of, also can not find anything online. Looks like it is not writing a prev image and that is a reason for getting a error and stopping prev? Tried older versions, and same error.
Temp directory in blender prefs is a default one. Tried changing that...

Im using latest blender exporter 5.3.0
And latest standalone renderer from the link :
https://bitbucket.org/coronablender/render_corona

Blender ver. 2.78c

Image of error attached.

Can you send the entire log please?  Usually now if the material preview isn't working it is because of a material setting that isn't correct.  Doing a render will sometimes show the actual problem.

2017-04-29, 12:00:47
Reply #18

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

Different OS also.

Edit: Have found something: The path must not have spaces. Miko, maybe your problem is the same, set the temp folder to be on a path without spaces, because your user name has.
Spaces shouldn't be causing problems, I will have another look, it may be that the HDR path isn't quoted properly by me.

2017-04-29, 12:02:21
Reply #19

Asticles

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Mix shader node does work when mixing, but with multiply and the others, Amount is ignored. I'm using it with textures (is it correct using with them?).

Thanks.

See the following for documentation on the nodes.

https://corona-renderer.com/wiki/standalone/mtl-maps
and
https://corona-renderer.com/wiki/standalone/mtl

You will see that the amount is only used for the mix node,  Inputs can be textures or any other map but not materials.

Can amount dissapear when other than mix is selected? Just for new user's clarification.
Or some text saying that...

2017-04-29, 12:07:45
Reply #20

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I will add it to the list thanks

2017-04-29, 13:09:40
Reply #21

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

Different OS also.

I just ran quite a few tests and the spaces aren't a problem here.  Are there any other special characters in the paths you are using maybe that aren't being handled?
Spaces shouldn't be causing problems, I will have another look, it may be that the HDR path isn't quoted properly by me.

2017-04-29, 13:20:35
Reply #22

Asticles

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

Different OS also.

I just ran quite a few tests and the spaces aren't a problem here.  Are there any other special characters in the paths you are using maybe that aren't being handled?

I'm so sorry, I've found the problem. The hdr file was corrupted, or the format was not correct. Keep investigating.

Edit: Yes, it was the file. Opened and resaved it with luminance and problem solved.
I thought it was spaces because tested with another hdr file in a path without them and worked. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-29, 13:36:25 by Asticles »

2017-04-29, 15:50:10
Reply #23

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yup, this is happening also with many haven's HDRIs...

« Last Edit: 2017-04-29, 20:49:04 by burnin »

2017-06-21, 14:40:17
Reply #24

Sanekum

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Find some bug with geometry export.

Got export error when using group instanced geometry from another scene in same .blend, render works when I select the "geometry_scene"  push Export Objects button or Render, then back to "main_scene" and after that geometry become visible in render.
If I made some changes in geometry_scene I had to go there and re-export objects before render, it's not big problem with one scene, but some times I use a lot of them in my work .blends

I guess it's easier to attach blend example.

2017-06-26, 00:33:38
Reply #25

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Find some bug with geometry export.

Got export error when using group instanced geometry from another scene in same .blend, render works when I select the "geometry_scene"  push Export Objects button or Render, then back to "main_scene" and after that geometry become visible in render.
If I made some changes in geometry_scene I had to go there and re-export objects before render, it's not big problem with one scene, but some times I use a lot of them in my work .blends

I guess it's easier to attach blend example.

Thanks for the example, I will add it to the list of todo items :)

2017-06-27, 08:10:55
Reply #26

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
v7.1.1 fixes this too by exporting referenced objects if they are in a different scene but same .blend file.

2017-07-05, 12:26:55
Reply #27

Asticles

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I'm having this annoying bug...

Regards

2017-07-05, 12:31:51
Reply #28

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What versions are you using do you have a .blend you can share or something that is causing the error?

2017-07-06, 09:29:22
Reply #29

Asticles

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm sorry I can't.
Version is 7.1.5

Only wanted to know if this is a known issue.

Thanks