Author Topic: Blend Material  (Read 10897 times)

2014-04-17, 07:15:35

Tiago4D

• Active Users
  • Be Happy!
    • View Profile
    • Lumo Studio Arch & Design
Hi! I try render the blend material that has a water material on wood floor but the render dont occur

any sugestions?

Learning...

2014-04-17, 09:48:58
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
As I can see, your "aqua" material is also invisible in material editor. Blend material doesn't like to work in all situations, we have to wait for Corona's dedicated version of such material.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-04-17, 10:57:35
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Apart from the fact that support of blend materials in current Corona's implementation is really weak, your "aqua" material is very weirdly setup.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-04-17, 11:36:18
Reply #3

Tiago4D

• Active Users
  • Be Happy!
    • View Profile
Apart from the fact that support of blend materials in current Corona's implementation is really weak, your "aqua" material is very weirdly setup.

hi! The wood is clear to view the water interact, and the water opacity is forced to display the error
Learning...

2014-04-17, 11:39:19
Reply #4

Tiago4D

• Active Users
  • Be Happy!
    • View Profile
Hi! I try render the blend material that has a water material on wood floor but the render dont occur

any sugestions?

Here is my solution, despite the persistence of the error

Learning...

2014-04-19, 09:34:38
Reply #5

Tiago4D

• Active Users
  • Be Happy!
    • View Profile
Hi! Here is the result!

Learning...

2014-04-19, 16:09:51
Reply #6

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
As I can see, your "aqua" material is also invisible in material editor. Blend material doesn't like to work in all situations, we have to wait for Corona's dedicated version of such material.

+1

2014-04-20, 18:38:26
Reply #7

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry to bump the thread with a semi-OT question, but is there a thread discussing the issues occuring when using Blend materials? As far as I've seen they work just fine here but I may have overlooked something?

2014-04-20, 22:08:42
Reply #8

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Sorry to bump the thread with a semi-OT question, but is there a thread discussing the issues occuring when using Blend materials? As far as I've seen they work just fine here but I may have overlooked something?

Hi,

for the most part, they should work. But some features don't... you can not mix emitters (CoronaLightMTL), displacement doesn't work on blended material..., blended refractive materials sometimes produce odd results, and things like that...

But as long as everything works the way it should, you should not be concerned...  there's nothing bad happening under the hood... Of course... blended materials will never be as fast as base ones...  but that is to be expected with most renderers which are not build around layered shading system...

2014-04-21, 14:23:11
Reply #9

refa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
nice water ripples. the shape looks natural, but too bumpy imho. how do you do it btw Tiago4D. normal maps, or procedural wave?

2014-04-22, 13:35:11
Reply #10

chilombiano

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Falloff maps can't be used for blending if you want to later change visibility object properties. Will produce strange results when selection no visible to camera for instance... Elements or polys using  one of the materials will be persistently visible untio getting rid if the falloff.

2014-04-22, 21:37:58
Reply #11

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Falloff maps can't be used for blending if you want to later change visibility object properties. Will produce strange results when selection no visible to camera for instance... Elements or polys using  one of the materials will be persistently visible untio getting rid if the falloff.

That's obviously a bug... so report it as a bug ;)

2014-07-23, 16:24:11
Reply #12

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
blend was completely reworked, now similar scenarios should work.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-01-12, 15:16:18
Reply #13

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
blend was completely reworked, now similar scenarios should work.
Old threads want some love too.
Just wanted to say, that CoronaLightmtl still doesn't work with the Blendmtl, which really pisses me off.
I have a lightsource on a model of tris that has a circle shaped light... since it's a strong light self illumination is not an option.
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2015-01-12, 15:54:52
Reply #14

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
what if the light shader is the first material in blend, any difference?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)